Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

School wins appeal to use electric shock devices on students to 'correct' behaviour

Still Waters

• The title was changed to School wins appeal to use electric shock devices on students to 'correct' behaviour

Ye gods! Talk about a backwards step. Compare that to shock collars for dogs being banned in the UK this year.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Do the children have medicals prior to having the devices permanently attached to them?  Do the staff have to keep records of how often they shock the children?  I'm sorry bit I cannot see how this is allowed and not seen as abuse.

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, aztek said:

good, shock collars are animal cruelty

But hilarious when drunken fools put them on and give the control to a friend :yes:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

Do the children have medicals prior to having the devices permanently attached to them?  Do the staff have to keep records of how often they shock the children?  I'm sorry bit I cannot see how this is allowed and not seen as abuse.

what makes you think anything is permanently attached?

1 minute ago, aztek said:

what makes you think anything is permanently attached?

From the article - The devices work remotely, administering a powerful shock to the wearer's skin and are reportedly worn 24 hours a day. 

• Like 1

Sent the article to a friend.  Her response:

I found a video online of them shocking a kid. They’re completely restrained on a table. Just disgusting.

Sounds like 1930's sanitarium crap.  How in the eF did this get overturned?  What's next?  Waterboarding the autistic?

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 8

maybe she made the same mistake i did, not reading the article thoroughly,  those are wearable devices , not a table with restraints. 

• Haha 1

The more I think about this the more difficult I find it to comprehend. This is the 21st century, for goodness' sake! Why are the parents supporting this? Do they feel better in themselves because if a child 'needs' this violent 'treatment' then obviously their behaviour was beyond any help the parents could give? The parents can justify sending them away to the school.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

The more I think about this the more difficult I find it to comprehend. This is the 21st century, for goodness' sake! Why are the parents supporting this? Do they feel better in themselves because if a child 'needs' this violent 'treatment' then obviously their behaviour was beyond any help the parents could give? The parents can justify sending them away to the school.

there has to be a reason why parents allow it, maybe they know something you do not, deal with issues you never heard of, and are in a position you can't even imagine.

my uncle admitted his 30 year old daughter into mental institution, she was not violent,  was not trying to hurt anyone or herself,  at first i was very much angry at him, and his wife, then i found out things i did not know, and i understood why they did it, and believe they did the right thing. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

And if this was suggested for criminals in prisons it would be inhumane.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, aztek said:

maybe she made the same mistake i did, not reading the article thoroughly,  those are wearable devices , not a table with restraints. 

She looked up a video.  I know saru wouldn't want it posted

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

She looked up a video.  I know saru wouldn't want it posted

what video? of that particular school? or she just typed in google  electric shock video???  i'm sure i can find horrible videos too. 

in any case if it went up all the way to court, then maybe there is no better way,  what do you propose school stuff does if one of their students attacks others? ask him nicely, have a cop there shot him?  

this whole thread is running on emotions of people who have no clue about the situation in that particular school

Edited by aztek

" It's all for the best... "

~

1 hour ago, glorybebe said:

And if this was suggested for criminals in prisons it would be inhumane.

Stun guns are already used in prison as alternatives to more lethal forms of containment such as billy clubs and shotguns.

5 common non-lethal tools for the correctional officer | CorrectionsOne.com (corrections1.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aztek said:

this whole thread is running on emotions of people who have no clue about the situation in that particular school

Since you've posted about 1/3 the content of this thread, do you include yourself in that statement?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

That place is right out of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

Almost Clockwork Orange.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

Almost Clockwork Orange.

Maybe, but nothing tops Nurse Ratchett.

20 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Maybe, but nothing tops Nurse Ratchett.

Maybe so. Maybe not.

Edited by Likely Guy