Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man claims he 'went to Hell' for 23 minutes

UM-Bot

He went on to write a book about his experience which ended up selling millions of copies

Every good story involves a book.

• Like 8

Whatever. At least if you're going to make up hell, be more creative about it. Hot stone dungeons and 'demons' with red skin and horns, etc. is so played out.

Also, I googled the guy and he sounds like your classic American fundamentalist Christian. A total grifter/bigot/business a-hole.

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 5

First thought is that with out the physical plane life-threatening trauma the term 'Near Death Experience' doesn't really apply here. It may have been a dream or a hoax or a visit to the lowest astral plane created by the low vibrations of many.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

41 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

First thought is that with out the physical plane life-threatening trauma the term 'Near Death Experience' doesn't really apply here. It may have been a dream or a hoax or a visit to the lowest astral plane created by the low vibrations of many.

If he really had that experience iIt says a lot about what was going on in his mind, and how he, in my opinion, is dishonest about the problems he was ignoring before the incident.  I read an excerpt of his book a long time ago.   I found it interesting as at the time there were a plethora of books about NDE where the people had such wonderful experiences they did not want to come back, or they were given messages of love etc.   

I met a young woman who had an NDE and she was so angry that she had to come back.  I felt like her experience probably was as real as she really was scarred over it, she was so peaceful where ever she experienced 

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3

“What fellowship hath light with darkness,  and what accord has Christ with Belial”  - 2 Cor 6

I read the guys book years ago, hated it.  Unlike Dr. Eben Alexander’s book, which I liked.  In any event, you see that scripture up there?  God and the devil aren’t supposed to have any fellowship together, righteousness and unrighteousness are not supposed to commingle.  Yet God would send a born again believer to hell to experience the thing he was supposedly saved from?  Right.  

The more I hear cooky **** like this the less I like Christianity.  Frankly, I can’t even believe I used to believe this nonsense. There’s no hell to burn in and no devils awaiting your arrival as that would be contrary to the existence of a God of Love - should one exist.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I want to go to Hell someday.

Hell, Michigan.

At least then I'll be able to tell people I literally went to Hell and back.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/hell-michigan

I've been through Hell,  it's between Lansing and Ann Arbor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I want to go to Hell someday.

Hell, Michigan.

At least then I'll be able to tell people I literally went to Hell and back.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/hell-michigan

There used to be an excellent and rather large farmers stand on the outskirts of Hell. Used to visit it sometimes while out visiting family that used to live out there. The produce was superb. It was extra nice during apple season- there was a cider mill down the road that had fresh made doughnuts and hot cider. Perfect morning snack before going to Hell. Haven't been out that way in years, I hope the farmers stand is still there and prosperous. 

• Like 7

There is a Hell in Norway as well. Don't know which one is worst since I haven't been to any of them. Not yet at least.

• Like 2

Bill Wiese has recalled what happened when in November 1998, he got up at 3am to get a drink.

Despite thinking he was just heading to the fridge, he actually briefly visited the middle of the earth, where he said he heard 'millions of people screaming' in the depths of hell.

He went to the fridge and somehow ended up in hell?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Guyver said:

“What fellowship hath light with darkness,  and what accord has Christ with Belial”  - 2 Cor 6

Great question to ask all of those TV preachers and their followers whose souls are so  full of hate, anger, judgement, intolerance and false speech. that they have no room for lover or forgiveness,    Maybe they need a dream about where that leads as well.

They might even like it if they can get a low level management position there.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I was wondering the same thing. Why wouldn't this be called a vision or an out of body experience... I don't see where the near death came in.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

I was wondering the same thing. Why wouldn't this be called a vision or an out of body experience... I don't see where the near death came in.

I think he just wrote the book to have one out there that said something different and to promote his religion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Great question to ask all of those TV preachers and their followers whose souls are so  full of hate, anger, judgement, intolerance and false speech. that they have no room for lover or forgiveness,    Maybe they need a dream about where that leads as well.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

He went to Portland?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I’ve already said I think we live in a hell right now and made a thread on it.  It’s a hell more clever than being ripped apart by devils and being lit on fire because this living hell that we are in has some pleasures sprinkled in amid the pain, so that some may actually learn to enjoy it here.

I thought Howard Storm’s story, below, sounded legit.  The OP guy, I would have to hear in person, or via video. Anyone found one?

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Haha 1