Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

VACCINATED Americans are helping spread the Indian 'Delta' variant 

glorybebe

Hello everybody.

It has been over a year since I posted on UM.  My employer joined the shutdown and sent everybody home in March 2020.  I got covid in October.  I was in the hospital for nine days, ,I missed the election and didn't even get to vote against Trump.  I told my wife to go vote and be sure to stand between two Republicans.  She never caught the virus, though we're sure she was exposed.  At any rate, I was off work for three months before resuming work from home.  So here I am, back on UM.  It has been quite a ride.

Doug

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Your information is bad and very possibly could result in personal harm.

It isn't "my information".  It is a direct statement by a 30-year physician who just happens to also be my spouse.  She was reporting the choices made by her colleagues in a couple of hospitals.  I'm not sure why that kind of information would be considered untrustworthy or, especially, pose some serious potential harm.  Sometimes I think you fail to even try to read my sources or even my own words before you launch on me.  The ENTIRE extent of my recommendations on the vaccines is for people to consult with their doctor and make the decision that seems right to them, without having strangers mocking them for their choice.  Is that clear enough?  

I'm willing to listen if you want to explain how that statement could pose personal harm to anyone.  If I'm wrong, I've demonstrated the willingness to admit it, and when appropriate, to apologize.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Hello everybody.

It has been over a year since I posted on UM.  My employer joined the shutdown and sent everybody home in March 2020.  I got covid in October.  I was in the hospital for nine days, ,I missed the election and didn't even get to vote against Trump.  I told my wife to go vote and be sure to stand between two Republicans.  She never caught the virus, though we're sure she was exposed.  At any rate, I was off work for three months before resuming work from home.  So here I am, back on UM.  It has been quite a ride.

Doug

Welcome back Doug,  I hope you  are recovered from the virus.

• Like 4

On 7/9/2021 at 3:48 PM, glorybebe said:

Health expert says there is 'no doubt in my mind' that VACCINATED Americans are helping spread the Indian 'Delta' variant as Los Angeles and New York City see cases surge by up to 165%

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9773047/Health-expert-says-vaccinated-Americans-helping-spread-Indian-Delta-variant.html

Well you know, if you're /that/ worried about it, get your vaccine and you won't be at risk!

• Like 3

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

Welcome back Doug,  I hope you  are recovered from the virus.

Thanks.  Except for some exhaustion and neuropathy in my fingers, I seem to be over it.  The neuropathy is the result of heavy doses of steroids used to combat covid.  They play havoc with your A1C and if you're already close to a case of neuropathy, they can push you over the edge.  I think that's what happened to me.  Anyway, I consider myself recovered.

Doug

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Thanks.  Except for some exhaustion and neuropathy in my fingers, I seem to be over it.  The neuropathy is the result of heavy doses of steroids used to combat covid.  They play havoc with your A1C and if you're already close to a case of neuropathy, they can push you over the edge.  I think that's what happened to me.  Anyway, I consider myself recovered.

Doug

I hope the nueropathy goes away.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Well you know, if you're /that/ worried about it, get your vaccine and you won't be at risk!

As i have stated previously, I am at risk FROM getting the vaccination.  On the government website concerns to not get a vaccine, I have 4 of the concerns out of 5.  

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, and then said:

Every adult has the right to make their own choice based on whatever evidence they are inclined to trust.

The major reason for continuing vaccination efforts is to stop, or at least slow, the mutation rate of covid.  People may assume a right to make their own choice, but in so doing, they impose their choice on everybody else.  So whose right takes precedence?

I think we are going to lose the battle to stop the spread of covid through vaccinations - there are too many poorly-informed selfish people out there.  So what to do?

The lambda variant appears to have the ability to spread through people who have already been vaccinated.  They don't get sick, but they do give it to other people.  I would suggest continuing current efforts at least through the end of the year, or until most children can be vaccinated.  Then drop the free injections, but set a maximum price of $5.00 for the shot (to keep drug companies from profiteering on it).  Then drop the subsidies to hospitals for covid treatment.  Keep all insurance, Medicare, Medicaid and indigent care provisions as they are.  That way, if you didn't have the foresight to get your vaccinations, you can pay for your own shots and hospitalization.

In the long run, most of the unvaccinated will get covid and about 2% of them will die.  Survivors will have a degree of protection and we'll achieve herd immunity - it's just that it will take longer.

BUT:  the US doesn't live in a vacuum.  We have to control this thing world wide.  Unvaccinated populations from elsewhere will re-infect us.  We got covid, the British variant and delta from abroad and lambda is already here from South America.  As we get a handle on this thing here, we have to begin shipping billions of doses to other countries, if for no other reason than our own self defense.

Doug

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

As i have stated previously, I am at risk FROM getting the vaccination.  On the government website concerns to not get a vaccine, I have 4 of the concerns out of 5.  

I would double-check that with my doctor, then follow his/her recommendation.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

My cousin is in the same position you are.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

I would double-check that with my doctor, then follow his/her recommendation.

Doug

Obviously I have.  And with the pharmacist and they say valid concerns, be careful, I need to choose to take a risk either way...

Edited by glorybebe
  • Like 2

Just now, glorybebe said:

Obviously I have.  And with the pharmacist and they say valid concerns, be careful, I need to choose yo take a risk either way...

In the meantime, good luck with your choice.

I somehow contracted covid while in isolation.  It's easy to get.

Doug

• Like 2

Just now, Doug1066 said:

In the meantime, good luck with your choice.

I somehow contracted covid while in isolation.  It's easy to get.

Doug

Same. I got it despite working from home

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

Hello everybody.

Doug

Hi Doug. It's great to see you back again. Sorry to hear about your ordeal with covid, but glad you pulled through it. Hope you get better.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, and then said:

I said nothing that wasn't true. 

What you are promoting isn't true.

What you choose to believe is up to you and really none of my business.  If you actually believe you are better informed than licensed, practicing,  staff physicians in the U.S. then by all means feel free to cite your credentials. 

It's not about belief, it's about facts. 

What about the facts concerning AAPs agenda? Why should they be excluded? I feel they are very important and have impact on the statements they make. 

You are often a flame baiter and you rarely miss a chance to become personal.  I don't recall what, specifically, I've done to warrant that but I probably do deserve most of it.  I've got a mouth on me at times, I get the desire to mock or slap me down at all available opportunities.  No harm, no foul, and no hard feelings :)   I believe that this particular issue is worthy of having a real discussion over.  

You are constantly promoting far right wing conservative sources that are often spouting outright lies. It's not like I'm the only one who has pointed this out extensively.

How about this?  Let's agree to disagree and leave it at that.  Arguing and  slinging insults over this is silly.  I've never told anyone here - or anywhere else- that the vaccines are dangerous or that they should fear them.  I mentioned her colleagues and other allied health personnel's decisions and made it clear that they understand the risks they are taking.  None of that harms you or your loved ones at all and your snark seems out of place, unless you simply cannot accept that better educated professionals might disagree with your understanding of the risk vs benefit of the vaccines.

I don't agree that the body of recognised professionals has been referenced here. A conservative right wing group with small sample sizes offer a false conclusion. It's like referring to Creationists to explain evolution. I can agree that you have your own reasons for pursuing these avenues but I can't agree that they are valid. This is a discussion forum, with all due respect you should expect to have such flimsy sources heavily scrutinized.

I hope you and those you love remain safe from this virus.  I'm sincere in that desire.  

And you too. We used to get along very well once upon a time. I'm genuinely sorry that seems to have changed. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, and then said:

It isn't "my information".  It is a direct statement by a 30-year physician who just happens to also be my spouse.  She was reporting the choices made by her colleagues in a couple of hospitals.  I'm not sure why that kind of information would be considered untrustworthy or, especially, pose some serious potential harm.  Sometimes I think you fail to even try to read my sources or even my own words before you launch on me.  The ENTIRE extent of my recommendations on the vaccines is for people to consult with their doctor and make the decision that seems right to them, without having strangers mocking them for their choice.  Is that clear enough?  

I'm willing to listen if you want to explain how that statement could pose personal harm to anyone.  If I'm wrong, I've demonstrated the willingness to admit it, and when appropriate, to apologize.

Well that certainly explains the personal investment. Thanks for clarifying that connection. 

The article is insinuating that the majority of medical professionals are not vaccinated or getting vaccinated, thereby offering a false reason to refuse the vaccine on untrue grounds. It is promoting heavy doubt in life saving vaccines that is tailored to meet a certain criteria. 

That's morally and ethically wrong. 

• Thanks 3

why Americans?  pretty much everyone who's vaccinated spreading it,  do Americans spread more than any other national? or the rest does not matter? lol  

On 7/12/2021 at 3:04 PM, glorybebe said:

even if you were vaccinated, it is still no guarantee, even vaccinated people get sick and die from covid, i posted numbers before, it is not 2 or 10, but much more

• Like 1

An interesting case:

An outbreak of Covid-19 has been confirmed on the Royal Navy's flagship, HMS Queen Elizabeth.

The BBC has been told there have been around 100 cases on the aircraft carrier, which is part way through a world tour.

Several other warships in the fleet accompanying it are also affected.

Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said all crew on the deployment had received two doses of a Covid-19 vaccine and the outbreak was being managed.

HMS Queen Elizabeth: Covid outbreak on Navy flagship - BBC News

Edited by ted hughes
  • Like 1

Great tabloid, click bait style, story.

I mean the narrative is BS guesswork but great marketing hack story.

I think it is important to note that no vaccine is 100% effective. Polio has been eradicated in the US because of extensive vaccination, but:

How Well Does the Polio Vaccine Work?

Inactivated poliovirus vaccine (IPV), which is the only polio vaccine that has been given in the United States since 2000, protects almost all children (99 out of 100) who get all the recommended doses. For best protection, children should get four doses of polio vaccine. Polio Vaccination: What Everyone Should Know | CDC

The fact that it is not 100% effective should not stop people getting vaccinated. Vaccination is most effective when large numbers are given it. That's why we are seeing rises of cases of measles in children in the UK- parents believed the lunatic doctor who linked MMR to autism (and has since been struck off) and uptake faltered.

Edited by ted hughes

3 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Great tabloid, click bait style, story.

I mean the narrative is BS guesswork but great marketing hack story.

If you are talking about my BBC post, yes, the BBC is very good and strives hard to be impartial. They are just giving the facts of what occurred without taking a stance on them.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, ted hughes said:

If you are talking about my BBC post, yes, the BBC is very good and strives hard to be impartial. They are just giving the facts of what occurred without taking a stance on them.

I was refrring to the Daily Mail piece.

As for the BBC, they are categorically proven to be biased hence the commonly used nickame Biased Broadcasting Corporation.  The issue is many of the the journalists end up in cushy numbers in Westminster and they only get those if they use bias.

36 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

I was refrring to the Daily Mail piece.

As for the BBC, they are categorically proven to be biased hence the commonly used nickame Biased Broadcasting Corporation.  The issue is many of the the journalists end up in cushy numbers in Westminster and they only get those if they use bias.

The BBC are constantly criticised for being right wing. It is because they are impartial. There is nothing good or laudable about our government or anything they do ( for example cutting foreign aid, cutting the £20 benefit, doing disastrous trade deals as a result of disastrous policy, indulging in blatant lying, cronyism and corruption), so it looks as if impartial reporting is biased. Which is why Rees-Mogg is demanding they have more right-wing management (like the new DG Tim Davie, tory donor and benefactor. Laura Kuenssberg is ideal for them, as she refuses to probe or ask questions, just acts like a parrot.

Try to think of something positive our government has done in the last 12 months  (for the UK I mean, not themselves personally). No one can come up with anything. That's why they need to control the media completely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1