Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

VACCINATED Americans are helping spread the Indian 'Delta' variant 

glorybebe

1 hour ago, lightly said:

My wife told me that some slug brained old guy saw that she was wearing a mask...and so, faked a huge AHHHCHOOOO ! directly at her ...and Laughed !      :angry:  

I don't understand why it bothers unmasked people that some of us are wearing masks.  It's my face, it's my health :no:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, toast said:

First and most important step to gain authentic information: ignore all tabloids.

The MSM has become the tabloids.  I don't ignore them, I just take what they say and reverse it to get the truth.  When the MSM shuts down half the science and peddles a narrative, they become unreliable as a source of news and become the propaganda arm of the globalists.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, glorybebe said:

I think what the problem is that so many different things come out in the news, contradicting information back and forth-who/what do you believe?  One scientist says this, a doctor says that...:blink:

One thing you can do is look up the scientist and the doctor.  A lot of them are talking out there derrières as they are not involved in biology, much less immunology or virology.  If their credentials don't show that they are actually working with the virus or the vaccine, then look for who is paying them to say what ever it is they are saying.  You can eliminate any who are not involved in the actual subject they are talking about or who are representing someone who  makes money by convincing people with what ever the scientist or doctor says.

• Like 6

A retirement home here in Portugal, where ALL of the retired folks and workers had the 2 doses of vaccines, reported a full CV19 outbreak. I do not recall but I think only 2 person were hospitalized but were not in serious condition.

Edited by godnodog
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

we are creating toxic human beings. 

You mean twitter and facebook right?

• Like 2

On 7/10/2021 at 11:30 AM, godnodog said:

A retirement home here in Portugal, where ALL of the retired folks and workers had the 2 doses of vaccines, reported a full CV19 outbreak. I do not recall but I think only 2 person were hospitalized but were not in serious condition.

Yes, the one county in our state that was 100% fully vaccinated (adults) had 15 cases last week of covid 19.

My cousin in Australia said that there is one state there shut down because of an outbreak of the Delta variant.   I don't know the statistics on percentage of vaccinated there.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2021 at 11:10 AM, RavenHawk said:

The MSM has become the tabloids.  I don't ignore them, I just take what they say and reverse it to get the truth.  When the MSM shuts down half the science and peddles a narrative, they become unreliable as a source of news and become the propaganda arm of the globalists.

Well, you've got to give them some credit. At least, they keep us up to speed on what Kim Kardashian isn't wearing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Well, you've got to give them some credit. At least, they keep us up to speed on what Kim Kardashian isn't wearing.

Or earth shattering critical decisions like what ice cream a President likes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/10/2021 at 10:41 AM, glorybebe said:

I think what the problem is that so many different things come out in the news, contradicting information back and forth-who/what do you believe?  One scientist says this, a doctor says that...:blink:

There's a good ready these claimants are largely stand alone and draw anger from the professional community. 

Because some line individual makes a claim, that doesn't make it worthy, no matter what that person stated as a credential, that's just bluster. The larger body of professionals agree on results, not CTs. 

Ignore the lone claimants that aren't supported by the greater professional community. That's how one would make any other decision. Covid had give many crackpots a soap box. It's up to use to ignore them. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Ignore the lone claimants that aren't supported by the greater professional community.

https://www.visiontimes.com/2021/06/25/the-majority-of-american-physicians-remain-unvaccinated.html

A survey conducted by the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) has found that 58 percent of physicians are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19. 

39 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Covid had give many crackpots a soap box. It's up to use to ignore them

Unless your definition of a "crackpot" includes a majority of practicing physicians, I'd say your argument needs a bit of work.  These numbers also reflect the overall hesitancy of allied health professionals like nurses, therapists, and imaging technologists to opt for the vaccine, at least at this juncture.  Remember that these folks work in immediate contact with the population MOST likely to be infected.

Every adult has the right to make their own choice based on whatever evidence they are inclined to trust.  The fact that so many "at risk" medical professionals are hesitant to climb aboard the vaccine train should cause open-minded individuals to ponder WHY those in the best position to evaluate and understand the risks vs benefits of the vaccine are, so far, choosing to wait on the jab.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, and then said:

https://www.visiontimes.com/2021/06/25/the-majority-of-american-physicians-remain-unvaccinated.html

A survey conducted by the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) has found that 58 percent of physicians are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19. 

Unless your definition of a "crackpot" includes a majority of practicing physicians, I'd say your argument needs a bit of work.  These numbers also reflect the overall hesitancy of allied health professionals like nurses, therapists, and imaging technologists to opt for the vaccine, at least at this juncture.  Remember that these folks work in immediate contact with the population MOST likely to be infected.

Every adult has the right to make their own choice based on whatever evidence they are inclined to trust.  The fact that so many "at risk" medical professionals are hesitant to climb aboard the vaccine train should cause open-minded individuals to ponder WHY those in the best position to evaluate and understand the risks vs benefits of the vaccine are, so far, choosing to wait on the jab.

AMA v AAPS - will the real peak body please stand up?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Or earth shattering critical decisions like what ice cream a President likes.

Pistachio?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, and then said:

Thanks for proving my point.

The vision times huh. No obvious agenda there is there. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/607015/

Though AAPS often takes positions that are associated with conservative groups, it sometimes goes even further, pushing fringe views that most mainstream conservatives do not endorse, such as the belief that mandatory vaccination is “equivalent to human experimentation” and that Medicare is “evil.”

And oh what a 'not surprise' it was to read this:

AAPS has been called the Tea Party’s favorite doctors, but it’s actually a more fitting health-care group for the Trump era. As Trump has contributed to sowing doubt about the scientific consensus, AAPS is seizing the moment. The group just wants to make health care great again—even if that means tearing it apart.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_American_Physicians_and_Surgeons

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) is a conservative non-profit association that promotes medical disinformation, such as HIV/AIDS denialism, the abortion-breast cancer hypothesis, vaccine and autism connections, and homosexuality reducing life expectancy. The association was founded in 1943 to oppose a government attempt to nationalize health care. 

What are essentially faith based practitioner's. A fringe breakaway group. Nothing to do with the actual body of professionals. I know several people in the medical industry. Not a single one of them has refused the vaccine or made covid out to be benign. Your information is bad and very possibly could result in personal harm.

You are a prime example of what is wrong with America and why it is in tatters and has largely lost a great deal of respect globally. You had the greatest country on the planet and look what you have done with it. Hang your head in shame.

Who are the doctors? Are they doctors or chiropractors and vets? 

I can comfortably say the majority of real doctors do not subscribe to, or participate in AAPS surveys. That's strictly for far right conservatives. 

What do you have against credentialed proven professionals? Why do you constantly champion idiots and con men?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Pistachio?

Thought it was grape? 

:unsure2:

:lol:

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Thought it was grape? 

:unsure2:

:lol:

Meh. to both flavors. I prefer Baskin Robbins Pralines and Cream.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I'm a rum n raisin guy myself....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8M60J0h0l7yAyOQoOIjv

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8M60J0h0l7yAyOQoOIjv

Nice picture--you can, barely, see the strings.....:tu:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, psyche101 said:
9 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Me too, if it's real rum.....

Edited by Hammerclaw

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Nice picture--you can, barely, see the strings.....:tu:

Don't knock the strings. Earth has been saved many times by men on strings.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_d8CmXvA9E43DGA-k3Ul

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Don't knock the strings. Earth has been saved many times by men on strings.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_d8CmXvA9E43DGA-k3Ul

Yeah, I know.

Image result for the thunderbirds

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

AMA v AAPS - will the real peak body please stand up?

Who knows for sure?  That's the fun of living in a post-reality America.  All I can attest to personally is the report I get from my wife about her colleagues.  She's an anatomic and Clinical/Surgical Pathologist.  She works Locums assignments in a couple of labs and two hospital systems nearby in Florida.  She has no plans to take the vaccine and she says far fewer than half of the docs she works with have chosen to be vaccinated.

Let me be very clear about my meaning with that statement.  I am in NO way saying she or they know about some nefarious plot associated with the vaccine.  She understands better than any layman what her risks are and what the potential repercussions could be if her body is one of those that this virus ravages rather than creating relatively mild symptoms for.  She made her choice and is willing to live - or die - with the consequences.  That isn't a political statement, it's an informed decision made after serious deliberation.  THAT is my whole stance on this entire drama.  Adults have the right to choose and shouldn't be shamed or mocked for their choice.  

If those who really fear that unvaccinated persons may lead to an excess number of mutations, agree that it is justified to push for mandatory vaccinations of all persons then they should be prepared to have that same standard of forced compliance used on them in any future situation where the government demands compliance "for the greater good".  THAT is for me, the ultimate slippery slope.  

• Thanks 3

Only Americans?

• Like 1

All I can say is manure is manure it doesn't matter where it comes from or who is shoveling it. I really feel sorry for those here who chose not to be vaccinated and then spread misinformation against the vaccine. If you don't want to be vaccinated that's fine, but why attack the validity of the vaccine, it just makes no sense to me. 

JIMO

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, psyche101 said:

What do you have against credentialed proven professionals? Why do you constantly champion idiots and con men?

I said nothing that wasn't true.  What you choose to believe is up to you and really none of my business.  If you actually believe you are better informed than licensed, practicing,  staff physicians in the U.S. then by all means feel free to cite your credentials.  You are often a flame baiter and you rarely miss a chance to become personal.  I don't recall what, specifically, I've done to warrant that but I probably do deserve most of it.  I've got a mouth on me at times, I get the desire to mock or slap me down at all available opportunities.  No harm, no foul, and no hard feelings :)   I believe that this particular issue is worthy of having a real discussion over.  

How about this?  Let's agree to disagree and leave it at that.  Arguing and  slinging insults over this is silly.  I've never told anyone here - or anywhere else- that the vaccines are dangerous or that they should fear them.  I mentioned her colleagues and other allied health personnel's decisions and made it clear that they understand the risks they are taking.  None of that harms you or your loved ones at all and your snark seems out of place, unless you simply cannot accept that better educated professionals might disagree with your understanding of the risk vs benefit of the vaccines.

I hope you and those you love remain safe from this virus.  I'm sincere in that desire.  

• Like 3

On 7/10/2021 at 6:39 AM, Hammerclaw said:

Covid, like other infectious viral diseases, is part of life, now and becoming fully domesticated.

Yes, and like other infectious viral disease, each new iteration tends to refine transmissibility while rarely increasing incidence of mortality.  IOW, the virus' goal is to find a new home but not kill off their host.