Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brilliant Quotes to Make Your Day

jeceris

I propose on this thread, to share quotes, and acknowledge the writer. Quotes that are positive, funny and ones that mean something to you, ones that have helped you to get to the next day when it didn't seem possible. 

The first I will throw in is this.......

Eat at a local restaurant tonight. Get the cream sauce. Have a cold pint at 4 o’clock in a mostly empty bar. Go somewhere you’ve never been. Listen to someone you think may have nothing in common with you. Order the steak rare. Eat an oyster. Have a negroni. Have two. Be open to a world where you may not understand or agree with the person next to you, but have a drink with them anyways. Eat slowly. Tip your server. Check in on your friends. Check in on yourself. Enjoy the ride.
AnthonyBourdain
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

David Foster Wallace

This is Water........Please listen

Edited by jeceris
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And Ralph Waldo Emerson

“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of the intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the beauty in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that one life has breathed easier because you lived here. This is to have succeeded.”

• Like 3

I don't know what bravery is, sometimes it takes more courage to get up and run than to stay. You either just do it or you don't. I got so scared the first day in combat I just decided to go along with it." 

Audie Murphy 

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jeceris said:

David Foster Wallace

This is Water........Please listen

Thanks for posting this.  The most powerful lessons often happen when you least expect them.  In social settings like the one in the video, I usually take the time to remember the humanity of those around me.  I can attest that it makes difficult situations easier to bear but I also know that when that kind of patience and tolerance is MOST needed, it is often the most difficult to achieve.  And as a totally unrelated side observation... that brunette's eyes made me wish I was 24 again... :yes:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

"I don't understand your specific kind of crazy, but I do admire your total commitment to it".

Edited by Brandy333
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

'Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win."-Stephen King.

• Like 1

I can explain it to you.

But I can't understand it for you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Violet_Dusk said:

"Do not give your past the power to define your future..."

8d44b2b18122296d78e4ef09c241f04a.jpg

The only way to move into the future is to cut your attachments to the negative parts of your past. If you can't do this, you will relive your past in a never ending cycle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Violet_Dusk said:

"Do not give your past the power to define your future..."

8d44b2b18122296d78e4ef09c241f04a.jpg

My favourite Military Commander because he understood what Leadership required. 

C8032871-1B20-4B90-86D1-E1593EBF2B8F-18835-00000EF629E1A0FE.jpg

4F46ECA3-618B-4F56-BC97-8D0E574A7014-18835-00000EF689248ECD.jpg

"Night poured over the desert. It came suddenly, in purple. In the clear air, the stars drilled down out of the sky, reminding any thoughtful watcher that it is in the deserts and high places that religions are generated. When men see nothing but bottomless infinity over their heads they have always had a driving and desperate urge to find someone to put in the way."

~ Terry Pratchett.

• 9 months later...

Poor kids are just as bright as just as talented as white kids.

-Joe Biden