Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The perfect love song.

LightAngel

As those closest in heart to me have spread out geographically over the years.

NYC, Texas, Alaska, BC, Thailand, China, Germany, Denmark...  this song takes on more poignance.

Edited by quiXilver
  • Like 2

So many hours spent gazing into the eyes of my beloved.

It will be 33 years this summer.

sweet tides... pools of light

it took so long

for me to realize

how strong your heart is

and all this time my mind was

working in ... strange ways

looking back on those days

just want to be free

through the love in your eyes

now i'm staring inside just wanna be free

through the love in your eyes

sweet tides, pools of light

your eyes are full of

sweet tides... pools of light

your eyes are full of....

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 7:23 PM, quiXilver said:

So many hours spent gazing into the eyes of my beloved.

It will be 33 years this summer.

It's heartwarming to see older couples still loving each other most of all. :wub:

It will be 15 years for us this summer. ;)

• Like 1

I have said it before, but I don't mind repeating myself - I'm definitely a closet hippy. *Blush* ;)

• Like 1

I post this song because of my love for this planet and the life here.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LightAngel said:

I post this song because of my love for this planet and the life here.

I'm so grateful for this thread and for your continued presence here.

After a 15 hour day and a hellish commute home, this was brilliant medicine.

Thank you from Southern California!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, quiXilver said:

I'm so grateful for this thread and for your continued presence here.

After a 15 hour day and a hellish commute home, this was brilliant medicine.

Thank you from Southern California!

;)

This song can also brighten up a difficult day.

• Like 1

In this thread we are having a symposium on Love Songs. My god, there are so many love songs out there, which makes it so difficult to pick the perfect one. After thinking about it for a long while, it seems that Love is supposed to be perfect, and therefore all love songs must be perfect. To make my contribution, I settled on the attached one, having to choose one. Love in every love song, apparently.

As far as Love is All, and this video in particular, it fits well with my way of thinking. The lyrics are all inspiring, the singer Vann Johnson, besides being very beautiful overall, her voice is heavenly. The musical score is superlative, and the musicians are some of the best. And to top it all, in the background we have a most beautiful monument, itself an offering to Love, the love for a wife. Overall, a real work of art, in motion. Love is All may just be one of greatest songs of all time, much like one of our ageless Opera's arias. For example, from Tosca there is,  E lucevan le stelle, which can easily qualify as one of the greatest love songs.

From the Symposium of Plato:

....will begin, he said, after the manner of Melanippe in Euripides,

'Not mine the word'

which I am about to speak, but that of Phaedrus. For often he says to me in an indignant tone:—'What a strange thing it is, Eryximachus, that, whereas other gods have poems and hymns made in their honour, the great and glorious god, Love, has no encomiast among all the poets who are so many. There are the worthy sophists too—the excellent Prodicus for example, who have descanted in prose on the virtues of Heracles and other heroes; and, what is still more extraordinary, I have met with a philosophical work in which the utility of salt has been made the theme of an eloquent discourse; and many other like things have had a like honour bestowed upon them. And only to think that there should have been an eager interest created about them, and yet that to this day no one has ever dared worthily to hymn Love's praises! So entirely has this great deity been neglected.' Now in this Phaedrus seems to me to be quite right, and therefore I want to offer him a contribution; also I think that at the present moment we who are here assembled cannot do better than honour the god Love. If you agree with me, there will be no lack of conversation; for I mean to propose that each of us in turn, going from left to right, shall make a speech in honour of Love. Let him give us the best which he can; and Phaedrus, because he is sitting first on the left hand, and because he is the father of the thought, shall begin.

No one will vote against you, Eryximachus, said Socrates. How can I oppose your motion, who profess to understand nothing but matters of love; nor, I presume, will Agathon and Pausanias; and there can be no doubt of Aristophanes, whose whole concern is with Dionysus and Aphrodite; nor will any one disagree of those whom I see around me. The proposal, as I am aware, may seem rather hard upon us whose place is last; but we shall be contented if we hear some good speeches first. Let Phaedrus begin the praise of Love, and good luck to him. All the company expressed their assent, and desired him to do as Socrates bade him.

:

Lovely tune! :P

• Like 1

• Thanks 1

VJqR.gif

• 2 weeks later...

:cat:

:innocent:

something by the beatles     i only have eyes for you   flamingo's   stranger in the night frank sinatra     willie nelson always on my mind

On 12/14/2021 at 8:52 AM, frapsandfiction98 said:

something by the beatles

Can you be a bit more specific?

:D (ok, I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist..)  Here you go, the original video:

and here's the genesis (short clip from the new documentary):

:P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...