Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Almost all new Covid cases among unvaccinated US people

spartan max2

The Delta variant now accounts for more than half of the new coronavirus cases in the United States —52%. Almost all of the new cases — 99.7% —are among people who have not been vaccinated.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-covid-19-cases-united-states-almost-all-among-people-unvaccinated/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

July 8 (Reuters) - U.S. COVID-19 cases are up around 11% over the previous week, almost entirely among people who have not been vaccinated, officials said on Thursday, as the highly infectious Delta variant becomes the dominant COVID-19 strain in the country. 

Around 93% of COVID-19 cases in recent days have occurred in counties with vaccination rates of less than 40%, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director Rochelle Walensky told a media briefing. Preliminary data from recent months suggest 99.5% of COVID-19 deaths have occurred in unvaccinated people, she added.

The White House is also working to make COVID-19 vaccines available at doctors' offices around the country, Zients added. He said the spread of the Delta variant is particularly dangerous to young people. Research suggests it may cause more severe disease among younger people than other variants of the coronavirus.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-covid-19-cases-rising-mostly-among-unvaccinated-officials-2021-07-08/

Hospitalizations and deaths of younger people soar due to COVID-19, PAHO Director reports https://www3.paho.org/en/news/5-5-2021-hospitalizations-and-deaths-younger-people-soar-due-covid-19-paho-director-reports

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Your link doesn't confirm your statement about "soaring" death rates.  At least, I couldn't find that in the source you linked to.  The page seems to be malfunctioning.

"Data suggest this variant is three times as infectious as the original coronavirus strain, according to Dr. Tom Frieden, former CDC director who founded Resolve to Save Lives. But it remains unclear if this virus is deadlier or leads to more severe illness"

It gets old repeating this but it needs to be understood -

Virus follow basically the same pattern everywhere.  As more iterations occur and become a part of the existing landscape, they tend to become better at finding hosts but they also tend to refine themselves to keep that host alive.  IOW, the Delta and Lambda, and whatever the next mutation is called, can be statistically trusted to be more infectious and no more deadly than the original.  'cause that's how they roll ;)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

When you can walk into Walmart and get the shot for free, it's so widely available, there's no excuse for remaining vulnerable, except for a medical reason or sheer stupidity.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, and then said:

Your link doesn't confirm your statement about "soaring" death rates.  At least, I couldn't find that in the source you linked to.  The page seems to be malfunctioning.

"Data suggest this variant is three times as infectious as the original coronavirus strain, according to Dr. Tom Frieden, former CDC director who founded Resolve to Save Lives. But it remains unclear if this virus is deadlier or leads to more severe illness"

It gets old repeating this but it needs to be understood -

Virus follow basically the same pattern everywhere.  As more iterations occur and become a part of the existing landscape, they tend to become better at finding hosts but they also tend to refine themselves to keep that host alive.  IOW, the Delta and Lambda, and whatever the next mutation is called, can be statistically trusted to be more infectious and no more deadly than the original.  'cause that's how they roll ;)

Hey all I can say is just like the link says 90% + of the deaths in America are unvaccinated Americans. My friend your mind is made up, I would not try to change your mind or convictions. The only thing I resent isn't the choice you have made not to vaccinate, it's your continued attacks using misinformation or innuendo that are not based on statistical data.

What, I don't understand is why you intentionally try to shoot down accurate information, how does the truth harm you?

I would ask you to post a established medical link from one of the Worlds top health organizations that backs up your claims or in anyway proves the claims you continue to repeat thread after thread. I don't think that is unreasonable to ask, I don't expect a reply, because that is also your way. However, that's fine because you have received my message load and clear, and that's all that matters to me. 

The only thing I Sincerly hope is that you do not suffer, because of your decisions.:tu:

Oh and by the way, I would also be concerned about your Flu Shot this year, it may have more to it than just a Flu vaccine, I mean who knows for certain!;)

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

When you can walk into Walmart and get the shot for free, it's so widely available, there's no excuse for remaining vulnerable, except for a medical reason or sheer stupidity.

It is shear foolishness and a complete lack of information on the subject. What amazes me is that those who choose not to get vaccinated try as hard as they can to get other Americans to follow them. To be honest I have no sympathy for those who choose not to get a vaccination, you reap what you sow!!!:yes:

JIMO

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to Almost all new Covid cases among unvaccinated US people
51 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

What amazes me is that those who choose not to get vaccinated try as hard as they can to get other Americans to follow them.

Some of it is political. They're hoping to try and screw Biden from achieving a higher rate of vaccinations, because Biden was trying to get 70% - 80% vaccinated by July 4th.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Katniss said:

Some of it is political. They're hoping to try and screw Biden from achieving a higher rate of vaccinations, because Biden was trying to get 70% - 80% vaccinated by July 4th.

I suspect sadly you right, it seems that the current members of the Republican Party would rather put American lives at risk just like their fearless leader a Trump did. The political side of this issue is so very sad, the very people spreading a great deal of the false information are current Representatives of the Republican Party. They use Fox News as their mouth piece to get as much coverage as possible. But, the absolute worst part of their sick twisted plan, is the fact that they have made sure their families and them selves are vaccinated. 

I suspect at some point this entire situation will come to light, and they will be exposed. Honestly, their actions are criminal and I will never be able to understand how they can justify putting American lives at risk in the name of Politics. 

Sorry for the rant, this is a sore subject for me!:tu:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

What amazes me is that those who choose not to get vaccinated try as hard as they can to get other Americans to follow them. 

JIMO

lmao, so you get amazed over things you make up??? show 1 piece of evidence  of "them trying hard to get other Americans to follow them"  i know pelnty of people who did not get a shot, no one tried to tell me not to get a shot, 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I suspect sadly you right, it seems that the current members of the Republican Party would rather put American lives at risk just like their fearless leader a Trump did. The political side of this issue is so very sad, the very people spreading a great deal of the false information are current Representatives of the Republican Party. They use Fox News as their mouth piece to get as much coverage as possible. But, the absolute worst part of their sick twisted plan, is the fact that they have made sure their families and them selves are vaccinated. 

I suspect at some point this entire situation will come to light, and they will be exposed. Honestly, their actions are criminal and I will never be able to understand how they can justify putting American lives at risk in the name of Politics. 

Sorry for the rant, this is a sore subject for me!:tu:

One clue for me, is when I see an increase an more than the usual suspects posting anti-vaccine rhetoric and links to misinformation on this website's covid sub-forum.;)

• Thanks 1

Why do any of you care what those who choose to go unvaccinated do? 

I'm quite happy with suicide by covid. My immune system will either do its job or I die. Which is no lose to any of you. 

So I ask again, why do you care? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm quite happy with suicide by covid. My immune system will either do its job or I die. Which is no lose to any of you. 

Because it's CONTAGIOUS,  sick people infect other people ... More spread leads to more mutations which might infect even the currently vaccinated.     !    

My sister had covid and almost died a few weeks later from blood clots in her lungs.  That's another reason I care about the spread..      i care about OTHER people.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, lightly said:

Because it's CONTAGIOUS,  sick people infect other people ... More spread leads to more mutations which might infect even the currently vaccinated.     !    

My sister had covid and almost died a few weeks later from blood clots in her lungs.  That's another reason I care about the spread..      i care about OTHER people.

But what about the sacred and holy vaccine that's supposed to protect people? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Unless you live in an area where the walmart is 40 miles away and you have no ride to get to walmart.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

But what about the sacred and holy vaccine that's supposed to protect people? 

The vaccines are working quite well, for now..  Over 99% of the people becoming infected now are UNvaccinated. <.> A Breeding Ground for Mutations of the virus that can create strains which the current vaccines won't protect people from.  (FACT)', That's why we should work together to keep the numbers of infected as low as we can.    Jeez bud, how would you feel if You infected a loved one and they died?  Would that change your mind about vaccination?       

( I think trump did good by pushing for development of the vaccines with 'his' Operation Warpspeed.  I think he got vaccinated?   But anyway, then he screwed up by insisting that it would "go away" and that it wasn't dangerous, and by his repeatedly saying that Dr. Fauci and all the experts were wrong...or didn't know what they were talking about.  People lapped that up and we see the unfortunate unvaccinated result.  And still we have huge numbers of the GOP ,and others, convinced that vaccines are worthless or dangerous..and that they are some lefty liberal commie pinko plot to CONTROL the people.   i dunno about all that crap..I just think vaccinations are better than sickness and death.  Because of health conditions, I was told I would die for sure if I got the virus...so I'm glad we got our J&Js.   I just hope WE get the virus knocked down to the point where most will be safe, or safer from new variants )

Edited by lightly
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, lightly said:

Jeez bud, how would you feel if You infected a loved one and they died?  Would that change your mind about vaccination?       

No. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I don't care what they do, except when they intentionally spread misinformation.

45 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I don't care what they do, except when they intentionally spread misinformation.

Thought you had me on ignore. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Thought you had me on ignore. 

I cant keep you on ignore, I missed your interesting views on the world. Just like your posts here in this thread, while I think your comments are morbid, at least you are being as honest. 

Peace. 

Edited by Manwon Lender

6 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Unless you live in an area where the walmart is 40 miles away and you have no ride to get to walmart.

Well, if you live forty miles from nowhere, herding sheep with the Basque or the Navajo, you should be safe. The only way you could get it is if you know someone who has a car, who goes to town who isn't vaccinated, who could take you to the Walmart to get the fraking shot. Our counties administer to immobilized residents who request it, unless, of course, their grass hut doesn't have a phone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I cant keep you on ignore, I missed your interesting views on the world. Just like your posts here in this thread, while I think your comments are morbid, at least you are being as honest. 

Peace. 

Of course I'm being honest. The only person on earth I have power over is myself. As for the vaccine. I'll repeat myself. If you're over 50 get it, obese get it (and exercise), if you have lung issues like asthma (like my oldest) get it. Other than that a person should be fine. My wife had ovarian cancer, at her last blood work up she had covid antibodies. So yeah, I am sorry for people's loses, I am, but I just don't trust the vaccine right now. Call me a fool, call me stupid, call me a damn idiot. That's fine by me. I just have quite a few apprehensions. 

The problem I see in regards to those like myself is this covid cult mentality. The harder they push the vax, the more I don't want it. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, lightly said:

The vaccines are working quite well, for now..  Over 99% of the people becoming infected now are UNvaccinated. <.> A Breeding Ground for Mutations of the virus that can create strains which the current vaccines won't protect people from.  (FACT)', That's why we should work together to keep the numbers of infected as low as we can.    Jeez bud, how would you feel if You infected a loved one and they died?  Would that change your mind about vaccination?       

( I think trump did good by pushing for development of the vaccines with 'his' Operation Warpspeed.  I think he got vaccinated?   But anyway, then he screwed up by insisting that it would "go away" and that it wasn't dangerous, and by his repeatedly saying that Dr. Fauci and all the experts were wrong...or didn't know what they were talking about.  People lapped that up and we see the unfortunate unvaccinated result.  And still we have huge numbers of the GOP ,and others, convinced that vaccines are worthless or dangerous..and that they are some lefty liberal commie pinko plot to CONTROL the people.   i dunno about all that crap..I just think vaccinations are better than sickness and death.  Because of health conditions, I was told I would die for sure if I got the virus...so I'm glad we got our J&Js.   I just hope WE get the virus knocked down to the point where most will be safe, or safer from new variants )

Hey Lightly, I hope you are well. I agree with everything you have said here, but I would like to add that while Operation Warpspeed was certainly a great move by President Trump. All of the good he accomplished is just washed away with all the confusion he created throughout this Pandemic. His anti-mask rhetoric along with convincing his base that this Virus wasn't really a threat totally contradicts the rapid speed in which the Vaccines were rolled out. 

Now his legacy continues with this anti-vaccine campaign that is not only being pushed by members of his base and by Republican Representatives serving in Government. These people are using Fox News as their mouth piece to keep the Republican base pumped up to intentionally hamper the Nations vaccine program in an attempt to harm the Biden Administration. 

It's the most despicable thing I can think of to play political games with the lives of Americans in the balance. But the worst part of this is that the very people pushing the anti-vaccine are vaccinated along with their families. The truth of this will come out, and when it does they must be prosecuted along with the media sources that are supplying the misinformation. I really become angered when people use their political agenda with no real concern for the lives of Americans they risking, our citizens deserve much more than this. 

Peace Lightly take care. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Of course I'm being honest. The only person on earth I have power over is myself. As for the vaccine. I'll repeat myself. If you're over 50 get it, obese get it (and exercise), if you have lung issues like asthma (like my oldest) get it. Other than that a person should be fine. My wife had ovarian cancer, at her last blood work up she had covid antibodies. So yeah, I am sorry for people's loses, I am, but I just don't trust the vaccine right now. Call me a fool, call me stupid, call me a damn idiot. That's fine by me. I just have quite a few apprehensions. 

The problem I see in regards to those like myself is this covid cult mentality. The harder they push the vax, the more I don't want it. 

I don't think your stupid or a fool just misinformed. If you actually do the research on the CDC, WHO, The Lancet, or John Hopkins medical center websites you may have a different opinion of this entire situations. I disagree that they are overly pushing the vaccine unless you call pushing by making it available at no cost to Americans. They have made it so easy to get vaccinated that everyone has the opportunity Nationwide. 

Like I said I have no problem with those who don't want to be vaccinated that's their choice. What I do resent is the very cult Mentality that is being pushed to intentionally misinform the American people. What I resent most is the fact that Representatives of the Republican Party are the ones pulling the strings with their Anti-vaccination polices for political purposes. While they feed the Republican base with this misinformation, you can bet that their families are vaccinated just like they are. 

These people don't care how many Americans die for their political agrenda, and this my friend is criminal.

JIMO

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Katniss said:

Well you gotta admire somebody's devotion to die for a cause and effect Biden's number by ..00000033%  One less Republican vote in 2012 though.

• Like 2

In a way, this should satisfy everybody.

On the one hand the vaccine seems to work.  People that get the shots  stand a great chance of not being hospitalized by covid.

On the other hand, people are free not to take the vaccine if they so choose.  That should be encouraging to those concerned about encroachment on their freedom.  It would be too coincidental to believe the majority of those with medical reasons not to take the vaccine cluster in red states, so its likely by choice.  

• Like 3