Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wisconsin June 2021

A very interesting sighting captured by some amateur astronomers June 2021.  I thought this would make a welcome break from the tedium of the Pentagon report.

The uploader Bob Gymlan does a very nice job analysing the case and looks at it from all angles.

See what you make of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm, interesting. :yes:

• Like 3

This a classic ufo. Pretty good picture, too. And I don't mean that in a dismissive way, it is a classic shape because it is the one most often seen/reported. And it has the row of windows along the top.

s-l300.jpg

Edited by ted hughes
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

This a classic ufo. Pretty good picture, too. And I don't mean that in a dismissive way, it is a classic shape because it is the one most often seen/reported. And it has the row of windows along the top.

s-l300.jpg

Yes I agree.  I've just been looking over Bob's channel.  Seems a level headed guy, not easily fooled, and looks at things from many perspectives.  

What we need is some other observers, that would be a start in an investigation. Any reports in local papers, do you know?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

What we need is some other observers, that would be a start in an investigation. Any reports in local papers, do you know?

The owner of the images reported a hearing a noise, and saw the thing fly over.  He manually shot 4 images.

This additional video he explains what happened.  The thing did just disappear after he took the 4 shots.

Most of this video is about nature photography,  Just a minute or two on the UFO.

Edited by Vaz
Video added
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

Interesting. Maybe it's some kind of modern Zeppelin-airship?

Absolutely.  If it were 1910.  :lol:  Seriously the intensity of the light emission kind of debunks that.  It also disappeared quickly as he only had time to get 4 shots off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vaz said:

The owner of the images reported a hearing a noise, and saw the thing fly over.  He manually shot 4 images.

This additional video he explains what happened.  The thing did just disappear after he took the 4 shots.

Most of this video is about nature photography,  Just a minute or two on the UFO.

I mean, a big light in the sky might have been seen by neighbours or others in the area, they report it to the police, it often gets into the local paper. For example, we once has strange lights dancing about in the sky,  it got into the local paper and it turned out to be a night aerobatic aircraft team practising. Maybe no one else saw it,  but if I was investigating I would see if it had been reported .

Edited by ted hughes

Modern dirigibles can have speeds from 35mph to 75mph.

image.png.b5ef1a39d42b35086f034d5928424dc9.pngThe only thing I would say about dirigibles, they all seem to have the 'cabin' area underneath the 'balloon' part.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Modern dirigibles can have speeds from 35mph to 75mph.

image.png.b5ef1a39d42b35086f034d5928424dc9.pngThe only thing I would say about dirigibles, they all seem to have the 'cabin' area underneath the 'balloon' part.

Even 75 doesnt sound anywhere near fast enough to account for why he only managed 4 shots.  Admittedly it must have been slow at some point since he was using a 1 second shutter speed.  I would have expected dozens of images though if it were slow moving for it's entire travel.

There is the light intensity to consider too.  

Edited by Vaz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

The only thing I would say about dirigibles, they all seem to have the 'cabin' area underneath the 'balloon' part.

Maybe the 'cabin' area underneath can't be seen because of the light intensity?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

Maybe the 'cabin' area underneath can't be seen because of the light intensity?

I assumed the cabin was where the red lights where but I realise now that that assumption can't be made! :blush:

7 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

I assumed the cabin was where the red lights where but I realise now that that assumption can't be made! :blush:

The intensity isn't just an artefact of the camera exposure.  Notice how the house roof looks well exposed.

image.png.ca22030c36b56be101a434396ac0a9d2.png

5 hours ago, Vaz said:

The uploader Bob Gymlan does a very nice job analysing the case

No, he doesn't.  I'll be back later to explain why, in detail - it's past my bedtime, so just a few comments for now...

Suffice to say that there are way too many handwaves and opinions based on nothing and the most important pieces of info are missing.  Plus there are contradictions in the description.  He says the photographer took 4 individual shots, but then he says the frame with alleged red dots came from video?  Is it stills, video or time lapse?  LED lights often flicker at high speed (imperceptibly to the human eye) so they could easily register as a string of little lights over the the second or so of the time exposure... That effect could also be an artefact of an enlarging algorithm - the original file/s, and exposure settings, are needed to check that.

He's honest about his lack of knowledge, but that doesn't stop him from offering opinions and claims - the claims about how long a searchlight beam must be, are particularly silly..

On initial cursory look, it could be a traffic/police chopper with a spotlight on.  Could also be a drone.  When I re-awaken, I'll try to find more information and hopefully the original frame/s.  Could be a day or two - I'm busy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

No, he doesn't.  I'll be back later to explain why, in detail - it's past my bedtime, so just a few comments for now...

Take as much time as you need.  Don't hurry back.  No cynics or thread de-railer's required thanks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Vaz said:

No cynics or thread de-railer's required thanks.

In other words, Vaz doesn't want his worldview challenged, and I'm an evil skeptic for daring to contradict the claims made.

I note that Vaz does not (and will not) actually discuss what I say.  That might, just perhaps, be an indication of his level of expertise on the topic of night time exposures.

Don't have time just yet, but I'll be back to elaborate, and offer some education to those who will actually listen..

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Vaz said:

No cynics or thread de-railer's required thanks.

Well there goes all my fun.<_<

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

Interesting. Maybe it's some kind of modern Zeppelin-airship?

I don't really think it's an airship, since even though they can give off some light at night, they don't usually give off that much.

It's a helicopter. I can't link to another forum, but according to what I read there was a helicopter in air at the time the photo was taken. A UW med flight. 

If you want to read what I read, just search this in google.

image.png.799b09f2d796328099bb2bf190303c71.png

Edited by XenoFish

14 hours ago, Vaz said:

A very interesting sighting captured by some amateur astronomers June 2021.

Bob Gymlan`s YT channel contain comics but no astronomical content. The other channel, HomeSteadHow, contain videos about pizza, chain saws, chicken, dogs, goatsand other boring ******* stuff but not a single video with astronomical content. Concluding, astronomers are not involved.

The uploader Bob Gymlan does a very nice job analysing the case and looks at it from all angles.

1.) he didnt analysed anything even if you want to think he did

2.) if he had analyzed correctly he might had recognized that in still image #3 (out of 4, the one you posted as well) there is a red light on the top of the vehicle. The vehicle´s trajectory is from the right to the left. All aircrafts/helicopters have a red strobe light on the top and at the left side as well.

3.) the guy is talking too much

See what you make of it.

Into the bin.

EDIT:

Homestead:

Shop through our link on XXXXXXX.com

While we are working on transitioning away from the need of money, we still need money for a lot of things on the homestead, including the financial overhead of this blog. By shopping through this link (or the badge below), we will receive a small commission (4-6%) for our efforts on the blog… great way to support bloggers when doing your holiday shopping! This doesn’t cost any extra to you… your XXXXX order will cost exactly the same but we simply get a small kick back to our blog which is extremely helpful.

Edited by toast
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

... it doesn't resemble the craft in the OP's video.

In what way does it differ, and why should there be a close match?  It is video versus still time exposure, different angle, likely different speeds, unknown duration of exposure, different quality and settings on camera.  Such disparate images will differ drastically. 

If you wish to make a point, what actual characteristic tells you that it isn't, say, a traffic chopper..?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

In what way does it differ, and why should there be a close match?  It is video versus still time exposure, different angle, likely different speeds, unknown duration of exposure, different quality and settings on camera.  Such disparate images will differ drastically. 

If you wish to make a point, what actual characteristic tells you that it isn't, say, a traffic chopper..?

All the police helicopters I've seen have a red flashing light somewhere on them, usually the top.   The craft in the video has a row of red lights on top, but do you see them flashing?   Plus police copters don't emit light all over.   Perhaps you see things I don't in the video.   Does the video image to you look like a police helicopter?   

• Like 1

• The topic was locked