Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wisconsin June 2021

5 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

He made an educational post and you respond with backhanded well-wishes? I can only gue to filterss as to why.

All I have to say is that the post he made was not in any way educational but was nothing more than criticism and belittling.   After he pointed out about the time I was air lifted to a hosp. he even said (sarcasm).   I was in a life/death situation, but I don't expect that to filter in to your brain or his.   I don't have anything to say to some person that picks my post to pieces as he did.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

All I have to say is that the post he made was not in any way educational but was nothing more than criticism and belittling.   

Chuck's posts are rarely not educational, and his criticism is generally warranted.

After he pointed out about the time I was air lifted to a hosp. he even said (sarcasm). 

He said the following:

Well, the view inside for your one air lift clearly gives you all the knowledge required... {sarcasm} 

... which, admittedly, probably could have been addressed in a nicer way, and I might have more sympathy about your feelings on that point if you didn't make responses like the following, to other users:

Why, haven't you ever seen drawings and pictures of UFO's?

Yes, I have some, FYI, but if I chose to not tell the likes of anyone on here that's my choice.  Why not give your interpretation of what your ideas a ufo should look like, that is, if you have any.

You've presented yourself as somewhat abrasive and standoffish, so it's no surprise that Chuck would respond to you in kind. I really didn't see him responding to you in any kind of negative tone until you started doing so.

I was in a life/death situation, but I don't expect that to filter in to your brain or his. 

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you're doing well now. 

I don't have anything to say to some person that picks my post to pieces as he did.

He picks posts apart because he likes to separate the sense from nonsense. I can't say I blame him, especially in the ET section. Too many people just take photographs/videos and run with them. Seeing Chuck provide critiques is actually a breath of fresh air.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Chuck's posts are rarely not educational, and his criticism is generally warranted.

He said the following:

... which, admittedly, probably could have been addressed in a nicer way, and I might have more sympathy about your feelings on that point if you didn't make responses like the following, to other users:

Why, haven't you ever seen drawings and pictures of UFO's?

Yes, I have some, FYI, but if I chose to not tell the likes of anyone on here that's my choice.  Why not give your interpretation of what your ideas a ufo should look like, that is, if you have any.

You've presented yourself as somewhat abrasive and standoffish, so it's no surprise that Chuck would respond to you in kind. I really didn't see him responding to you in any kind of negative tone until you started doing so.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you're doing well now. 

He picks posts apart because he likes to separate the sense from nonsense. I can't say I blame him, especially in the ET section. Too many people just take photographs/videos and run with them. Seeing Chuck provide critiques is actually a breath of fresh air.

"Why not give your interpretation of what your ideas a ufo should look like, that is, if you have any."

I made this remark to another poster because she made it to me first.

7 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

All I have to say is that the post he made was not in any way educational but was nothing more than criticism and belittling.

It contained a rather fullsome and comprehensive explanation of what was in the OP's post, and, more importantly why, and even how you could check it for yourself.  Amazingly, despite several posts from various posters who all agree that the OP image is completely consistent with a time lapse exposure of a Medevac helicopter, one of which just happened to be traveling by that location at the correct time... neither your nor Vaz will even acknowledge any of that, let alone concede or debate it.  Forgive me if I have run out of patience.

After he pointed out about the time I was air lifted to a hosp. he even said (sarcasm).   I was in a life/death situation, but I don't expect that to filter in to your brain or his.

Clearly, the sarcasm tag was in regard to your claim of expertise based on a single viewing from inside, rather than outside, a medical chopper.

I've also been in both a medical chopper and a similar aircraft (the Royal Flying Doctor Service in Oz, who are absolutely amazing..), and am currently in a life-death situation myself, but that is utterly irrelevant, and (offtopic) I've had an extraordinarily happy and rewarding life, so having a few medical issues into my senior years is not something I want - nor expect - any sympathy or empathy for (/end offtopic).

I don't have anything to say to some person that picks my post to pieces as he did.

You offered up an analysis and disputed what had been posted.  And now you complain because your incorrect claims got challenged?  And feign hurt feelings so you can avoid actually being responsible for what you said?  As Nuclear said, I'm tired of seeing this same technique used over and over.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

It contained a rather fullsome and comprehensive explanation of what was in the OP's post, and, more importantly why, and even how you could check it for yourself.  Amazingly, despite several posts from various posters who all agree that the OP image is completely consistent with a time lapse exposure of a Medevac helicopter, one of which just happened to be traveling by that location at the correct time... neither your nor Vaz will even acknowledge any of that, let alone concede or debate it.  Forgive me if I have run out of patience.

Clearly, the sarcasm tag was in regard to your claim of expertise based on a single viewing from inside, rather than outside, a medical chopper.

I've also been in both a medical chopper and a similar aircraft (the Royal Flying Doctor Service in Oz, who are absolutely amazing..), and am currently in a life-death situation myself, but that is utterly irrelevant, and (offtopic) I've had an extraordinarily happy and rewarding life, so having a few medical issues into my senior years is not something I want - nor expect - any sympathy or empathy for (/end offtopic).

You offered up an analysis and disputed what had been posted.  And now you complain because your incorrect claims got challenged?  And feign hurt feelings so you can avoid actually being responsible for what you said?  As Nuclear said, I'm tired of seeing this same technique used over and over.... 

I never claimed to be an expert on helicopters based on my flight.   Why do you both keep writing me posts about it?   As far as I'm concerned it's over and done.  Best if you just get over it, I am.

2 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

I never claimed to be an expert on helicopters based on my flight.   Why do you both keep writing me posts about it?   As far as I'm concerned it's over and done.  Best if you just get over it, I am.

No, no you're clearly not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

First, thanks for those very kind words, NW - I am a fan of your posts too (and your username)!..

On 7/21/2021 at 6:24 AM, Nuclear Wessel said:

I really didn't see him responding to you in any kind of negative tone until you started doing so.

This is the key.  I've had many a pleasant discussion with people with 'out there' ideas BUT who are genuinely wanting answers, rather than only wanting their favorite fantasy to be re-inforced.  I always listen and learn from plenty of other posters here, and I expect the same from others.  All you have to do is listen, admit mistakes and back up what you say (and admit it when you are wrong) ... and I'll be polite and tolerant, even if you have some crazy ideas...

But when you start slinging off at (or ignoring) other members who are simply offering suggestions or pointing out flaws or asking you to clarify and support what you say... my politeness and patience finishes.

• Like 2

After the detailed explanation and all the additional information and examples, I can easily see that being a helicopter with motion blur.

As for that vas guy - I don't think I've ever seen someone fight so hard to remain willfully ignorant. It's obvious he either doesn't understand the concepts explained, or just...won't.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 4

On 7/21/2021 at 7:01 AM, Brandy333 said:

"Why not give your interpretation of what your ideas a ufo should look like, that is, if you have any."

I made this remark to another poster because she made it to me first.

Frickin huge.

Think about it. Space is big. It takes a long time and a lot of power to cross.

That's not happening with the sports style UFO vehicles popular in lore. They don't have the size to accommodate the resources necessary for interstellar travel.

If one is to cross space, many resources are needed to fuel the mission. If advanced tech is crossing space with hypothetical technology like wormholes, you're looking at a power signature we could detect at Alpha Centauri because it would be that powerful.

I real spaceship would be huge. Over a million tons. And it would create a tremendous power signature That's not going to go unnoticed anywhere in the solar system. 

36 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Frickin huge.

Think about it. Space is big. It takes a long time and a lot of power to cross.

That's not happening with the sports style UFO vehicles popular in lore. They don't have the size to accommodate the resources necessary for interstellar travel.

If one is to cross space, many resources are needed to fuel the mission. If advanced tech is crossing space with hypothetical technology like wormholes, you're looking at a power signature we could detect at Alpha Centauri because it would be that powerful.

I real spaceship would be huge. Over a million tons. And it would create a tremendous power signature That's not going to go unnoticed anywhere in the solar system. 

The thing is, if they exist they could have tech that we cannot comprehend or detect. Their way of travel could be like magic to us. Our understanding of universal forces could be eons behind theirs. We think we are so smart and know so much about space travel, but do we really know anything yet?

Alternatively, they could be from another dimension/universe/time/whatever and don't have to travel far at all.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, moonman said:

\Alternatively, they could be from another dimension/universe/time/whatever and don't have to travel far at all.

Check :yes:

16 hours ago, moonman said:

The thing is, if they exist they could have tech that we cannot comprehend or detect. Their way of travel could be like magic to us. Our understanding of universal forces could be eons behind theirs. We think we are so smart and know so much about space travel, but do we really know anything yet?

Alternatively, they could be from another dimension/universe/time/whatever and don't have to travel far at all.

There may be technology we don’t know about, but there are certainly physical aspects of the universe that we are quite aware. And on of them are the energy signatures that Psyche is referring to. 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, badeskov said:

There may be technology we don’t know about, but there are certainly physical aspects of the universe that we are quite aware. And on of them are the energy signatures that Psyche is referring to. 

Who are we to say that they can't work around the things we consider physical limitations? We are already doing things thought impossible 100 years ago.

We've only been in space 60 some years. We aren't in any position to say what can and cannot be done by a species that has been in space for maybe thousands of years. Maybe they purposely mask energy signatures, or don't use energy in a way we can detect or know to look for.

Edited by moonman

1 hour ago, moonman said:

Who are we to say that they can't work around the things we consider physical limitations? We are already doing things thought impossible 100 years ago.

We've only been in space 60 some years. We aren't in any position to say what can and cannot be done by a species that has been in space for maybe thousands of years. Maybe they purposely mask energy signatures, or don't use energy in a way we can detect or know to look for.

Who are we to presume? We are a  species who have access to quite bit of knowledge despite only 60 or so years of space flight and exploration. You seem to presume an awful lot to support the thought of an advanced species being able to go outside the margins so to speak. You do acknowledge there are significant known problems with interstellar and intergalactic travel as we understand the known universe, right?

You say they may mask energy signatures. But what's the point of all the childish snooping around then?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

Who are we to presume? We are a  species who have access to quite bit of knowledge despite only 60 or so years of space flight and exploration. You seem to presume an awful lot to support the thought of an advanced species being able to go outside the margins so to speak. You do acknowledge there are significant known problems with interstellar and intergalactic travel as we understand the known universe, right?

You say they may mask energy signatures. But what's the point of all the childish snooping around then?

I said they MAYBE mask signatures and/or have the ability to do so, I have no idea why they would or not, you understand it's all hypothetical, right? I'm not claiming they even exist.

Yes, I do acknowledge there are significant known problems with interstellar and intergalactic travel AS WE understand the known universe. That's kinda my whole point. We do not know 100% of anything, only the delusional think we have a firm grasp on the deep intricacies of how the universe works and can define anything as "impossible".

1000 years from now our own tech will be like magic to us present people (if we are still around that is).

Edited by moonman

3 hours ago, moonman said:

Just no. There are physical aspects that we can still get around and then there are them simply prohibitive to get around. Like the speed of light and not letting out energy. Those are simple matters of fact. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, badeskov said:

Just no. There are physical aspects that we can still get around and then there are them simply prohibitive to get around. Like the speed of light and not letting out energy. Those are simple matters of fact. 

Traveling at the speed of light isn't a problem if you don't travel the way light does in the first place. We are just going to disagree.

That said, the thing in the first post is still just a helicopter.

Edited by moonman

21 hours ago, moonman said:

They have the same physics we do.

So I seriously doubt that as a possibility.

21 hours ago, moonman said:

Still a huge power signature required. I covered that in my post.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moonman said:

We aren't defying physics. That's not how the universe works.

4 hours ago, moonman said:

Why would what is quite impossible be possible because of a maybe? I really don't think a maybe is valid enough to dismiss physics.

You need a framework concept to work with. Anyone can make anything up. Instead of dimensions we could say they are ghost hybrids of humans and animals trying to firm a new dimension. Silly idea, but as founded as the idea you have proposed. 

• Like 2

Doesn't matter what anyone says, I will always be open to the possibility that tech thousands of years beyond ours could do things we stubbornly call impossible, however specific. All the typing in the world isn't going to change my mind on that.

Edited by moonman

5 minutes ago, moonman said:

Doesn't matter what you or anyone says, I will always be open to the possibility that tech thousands of years beyond ours could do things we stubbornly call impossible, however specific. All the typing in the world isn't going to change my mind on that.

Well that's just being closed minded. You're starting with a conclusion. 

If nothing is impossible, grow wings, fly to the sun, walk on it for an hour and come back with selfies. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Well that's just being closed minded. You're starting with a conclusion. 

If nothing is impossible, grow wings, fly to the sun, walk on it for an hour and come back with selfies. 

Wrong. It is the complete opposite of being closed minded. You presume to know absolutes while I simply do not know while leaving the absolutes open.

Give us a couple thousand years to come up with the tech and I just might.

Edited by moonman

8 minutes ago, moonman said:

Doesn't matter what anyone says, I will always be open to the possibility that tech thousands of years beyond ours could do things we stubbornly call impossible, however specific. All the typing in the world isn't going to change my mind on that.

It all comes down to energy. Having the tech to not only harness the vast amount of power need, but to be 99% efficient with it. It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't create a Matrioshka Brain at some point. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moonman said:

Wrong. It is the complete opposite of being closed minded. You presume to know absolutes while I simply do not know.

Making stuff up isn't being open minded. It's making stuff up. I don't presume anything. I know the limitations of physics. 

Give us a couple thousand years to come up with the tech and I just might.

When was that part of the deal?

In one hour or its impossible isn't it?

• Like 2

• The topic was locked