Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Virgin Galactic spaceflight live feed

Saru

I can't find anything that is LIVE anywhere.

23 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

I can't find anything that is LIVE anywhere.

Check the above feed again now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dont forget: designed by Burt Rutan, the Archimedes of aircraft construction. :tu::yes:

• Thanks 3

That was amazing to watch :clap:

• Like 2

Thanks for the link Saru! Congratulations to Virgin Galactic and the crew!

• Like 2

That was an impressive flight. :tu:

• Like 3

Are we taking bets on Richard Branson saw aliens or UFOs?

Or if the lack of re-entry heating hasn`t sterlised the surface of the plane causing a soon to occur super plague?

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Confused 1

This is reminiscent of the early space race between the Soviets and US, but now it is competition between billionaires.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Are we taking bets on Richard Branson saw aliens or UFOs?

Well, Roswell is about 4 hours away by car.  I'm sure Branson could have seen them from apogee... ;)

If you live in New Mexico, you see aliens everyday (in both senses). :D

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Or if the lack of re-entry heating hasn`t sterlised the surface of the plane causing a soon to occur super plague?

There is plenty of reentry heating at 4000 kph. Anyway there have been hundreds of suborbital flights before this one, so have you been worried all those other times too ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

There is plenty of reentry heating at 4000 kph. Anyway there have been hundreds of suborbital flights before this one, so have you been worried all those other times too ?

Sure, Mach 2 is 4000 kmp/h lmao

Edited by Cookie Monster

7 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Were all returning Space Shuttles and all the other returning space vehicles disinfected right after touchdown, in your opinion? If yes, how was that managed with the Apollo capsules? Curious.

32 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Sure, Mach 2 is 4000 kmp/h lmao

The VSS Unity reached a top speed of mach 3. I was going by memory so I was some way off. Still at that speed the temperature will be several hundred centigrades.

I admitted a mistake, can you ?

For some reason you forgot to answer my question as to why this flight should somehow be more dangerous than other similar flights in the past ?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

WOW... that brings back a smile and the smile lingers :) 

I remember listening to this and LOVING IT back in the day.  I must have been seven when I first heard it.  Damn!  I had pretty good musical taste at an EARLY age ;)   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Well, Roswell is about 4 hours away by car.  I'm sure Branson could have seen them from apogee... ;)

If you live in New Mexico, you see aliens everyday (in both senses). :D

I've only been in that neighborhood once but it made for a powerful memory.  Whoever chose the state slogan chose well.  BTW, did the Land of Enchantment every decide?  Red or Green?  :o

• Like 1

Big deal, and I'm sure it is. Great, now the billionaires can divide space.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, and then said:

I've only been in that neighborhood once but it made for a powerful memory.  Whoever chose the state slogan chose well.  BTW, did the Land of Enchantment every decide?  Red or Green?  :o

It’s also the Land of Mañana, especially waiting on government.  But if we ever decide Red or Green (not likely in the land), then we’d have to go with the second most popular State Question: “Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul?”  But for fereners, you can’t go wrong with “Christmas”.  Rule of thumb, if it’s chicken, go green.  If it is beef, pork, carne adovada, go red.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

Big deal, and I'm sure it is. Great, now the billionaires can divide space.

If anyone can, it will be them.  My expectations are uniformly low.  The only thing I ask is that they don't start using advertising that appears in our night time skies.

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

It’s also the Land of Mañana, especially waiting on government.  But if we ever decide Red or Green (not likely in the land), then we’d have to go with the second most popular State Question: “Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul?”  But for fereners, you can’t go wrong with “Christmas”.  Rule of thumb, if it’s chicken, go green.  If it is beef, pork, carne adovada, go red.

We flew into Albuquerque, stayed a couple of days then drove through the 4 corners area.  One of my best memories of Albuquerque was the view from the top of Sandia Peak.  I'll never forget the way the lights that were stretched out below us, seemed to sparkle.  That's not an effect we see down here in the land of perpetual humidity :) 

Seriously... it was early September when we arrived and when standing in the sunlight, it felt like August does here at home.  Take one step to the side and when you're in the shade it instantly felt like early October ;)   That first day I felt this altogether novel sensation on my skin.  It was like a slight "tingling" and I finally understood what was happening.  That's what it feels like when the body's cooling mechanism works as designed :w00t:  I'm deadly serious about that.  I had NEVER before felt the sweat drying off my skin without standing in a breeze or in an air conditioned space..  Down here next to the "Caldo", the humidity in summer always remains high enough to keep the sweat from evaporating properly.  Instead of it evaporating and removing heat, it pours into clothes, saturating them and adding to the discomfort.  

I was idling wondering if the flat earthers are going to take these various billionaires word for it that the Earth is indeed a sphere (oblate or otherwise).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Susanc241 said:

I was idling wondering if the flat earthers are going to take these various billionaires word for it that the Earth is indeed a sphere (oblate or otherwise).

Funny you should say this. Yesterday my husband said they should have taken a flat earther up with them. :D

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Funny you should say this. Yesterday my husband said they should have taken a flat earther up with them. :D

The 'Flat Earth' special one would just say it was the curvature of the window making it look like that.

I find it amusing that Branson was asking our government for a bail out, a year later he is galivanting on the edges of the Earth's atmosphere in a race against Elon Musk?

"From his private island in the Caribbean, Sir Richard Branson is trying to convince the UK government to give his Virgin Atlantic airline a £500m bailout to help it survive the coronavirus pandemic and the economic fallout of the lockdown".12 Apr 2020 Source: Guardian