Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Caucus Chair arrested during protest in Capitol

Eldorado

Congressional Black Caucus Chair Rep. Joyce Beatty (D-Ohio) was among nine protesters arrested Thursday afternoon who were calling on the Senate to pass voting rights legislation.

Chanting “end the filibuster” and “let the people vote” the group marched into Hart Senate Office Building in what Beatty said was an effort to “send (senators) a message.”

The group of around twenty people spent about twenty minutes in the building before Capitol Police delivered several warnings and restrained the protesters with zip ties. The police detained Beatty first, then led her and other protesters outside to waiting Capitol Police vans. The remaining protesters walked out of Hart without being arrested.

MSN

• Like 3

Insurrection!

What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander.

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I clicked on this topic because I wanted to know why a chair would be arrested and how a piece of furniture could protest.

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I clicked on this topic because I wanted to know why a chair would be arrested and how a piece of furniture could protest.

'Chair' does not just only refer to an inanimate object.  Although, in this case, you could substitute 'tool'.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

The chair is against the wall...  The chair is against the wall.

• Haha 4

Funny how the 6th was as bad as 9/11 folks are absent from this thread. If it wasn’t for doubt standards they wouldn’t have any standards at all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Funny how the 6th was as bad as 9/11 folks are absent from this thread. If it wasn’t for doubt standards they wouldn’t have any standards at all. 

I wouldn't say it was bad as  9/11.  Benghazi maybe since it had a similiar body count, but not 9/11.

As for the lady.  She got arrested just like the Jan.6 people.  What is there to say?

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 2:49 PM, Eldorado said:

Congressional Black Caucus Chair Rep. Joyce Beatty (D-Ohio) was among nine protesters arrested Thursday afternoon who were calling on the Senate to pass voting rights legislation.

Chanting “end the filibuster” and “let the people vote” the group marched into Hart Senate Office Building in what Beatty said was an effort to “send (senators) a message.”

The group of around twenty people spent about twenty minutes in the building before Capitol Police delivered several warnings and restrained the protesters with zip ties. The police detained Beatty first, then led her and other protesters outside to waiting Capitol Police vans. The remaining protesters walked out of Hart without being arrested.

MSN

On 7/15/2021 at 2:51 PM, acidhead said:

Insurrection

Insurrection indeed! By the standards thrown around in January, this was a Senate takeover attempt.

Each and every one should be detained without bail till their trial dates in 2022.

(Sarcasm??)

• Like 5

You guys /are/ aware that there's a difference between a peaceful protest and beating a cop with a flag, right? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

You guys /are/ aware that there's a difference between a peaceful protest and beating a cop with a flag, right? 

Stop downplaying this atrocity you terrorist sympathizer 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Obviously, people don't...

4 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

The difference between a mostly peaceful protest and a potentially dangerous riot is always “who is doing it”. If it were Trumplicans it would be being hailed as “a continuation of the Jan 6 riots” after all, even if they were as peaceful as this lot here. 

• Like 5

On 7/16/2021 at 6:27 PM, Gromdor said:

I wouldn't say it was bad as  9/11.  Benghazi maybe since it had a similiar body count, but not 9/11.

As for the lady.  She got arrested just like the Jan.6 people.  What is there to say?

Really? How many murders were there besides the woman shot inside the capitol (which I don't classify as a murder)? The one cop was shown to have had a heart attack or stroke a day later rather than the rumored physical death caused by protestors. Was that the same cop supposedly beaten with a flag pole? 

Really though, the way it's framed as "the deadly attack" on the capitol is a bit much. Just a tad below the incredibly over-dramatic worst day since 911 bs.

7 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Yes as we are all aware that there is a difference between a peaceful protest and multiple cities being burned and looted at the same time with literally dozens of people dying and being killed in the mayhem. Right?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Really? How many murders were there besides the woman shot inside the capitol (which I don't classify as a murder)? The one cop was shown to have had a heart attack or stroke a day later rather than the rumored physical death caused by protestors. Was that the same cop supposedly beaten with a flag pole? 

Really though, the way it's framed as "the deadly attack" on the capitol is a bit much. Just a tad below the incredibly over-dramatic worst day since 911 bs.

Actually it did have alot in common with Bengahzi besides the death toll.  "Protestors" on site as the cause, delayed reinforcement response, and a president ignoring the situation while it happened.  

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Actually it did have alot in common with Bengahzi besides the death toll.  "Protestors" on site as the cause, delayed reinforcement response, and a president ignoring the situation while it happened.  

You're saying it again. The death toll. Natural happenstance deaths amongst the crowd don't count. How many were deliberately killed at the capitol? You're making that the direct correlation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, F3SS said:

You're saying it again. The death toll. Natural happenstance deaths amongst the crowd don't count. How many were deliberately killed at the capitol? You're making that the direct correlation. 

I am saying it again.  It certainly has more parrallels than 9-11 for sure or this BLM arrest even.  It's even going to have Congressional Investigations like Benghazi.

Smoke inhalation, heart attack, or shot- splitting hairs over the causes of death doesn't remove the similarity. 

• Like 1

In that case I guess we can just say what difference does it make how it happened and move on. Just like Benghazi. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, F3SS said:

Yes as we are all aware that there is a difference between a peaceful protest and multiple cities being burned and looted at the same time with literally dozens of people dying and being killed in the mayhem. Right?

The difference is Americans didn't do 911 to ourselves. You guys lost a fair and free election and your response was to try and throw a coup. Thank God the average trumpist is retarded or this could have been much worse.

And quit with the BLM bull****. The moment you react the same way to white guys in Philly torching cars after a sports loss, I'll buy this is anything but trying to dismiss an inconvenient movement 

• Haha 2