Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Book written in 1953, mentions Elon leading us to Mars

jeceris

Mars Project: A Technical Tale," written by Wernher von Braun. Von Braun's nonfiction book is not a standard essay; it uses a narrative to explain to the average reader how a trip to Mars might look in the Cold War.

In his book, Von Braun doesn't say that a person named Elon would lead humanity to Mars but rather that the name of the leader's position would be "Elon."

https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-science-fiction-nasa-colonize-colony-planets-solar-system-2021-6

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Too bad he took up a new title... 

Technoking of Tesla

Elon Musk has dropped his chief executive job title and crowned himself "Technoking of Tesla". Mr Musk will still retain his position of chief within the company, the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filing said.15 Mar 2021

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Elon means "oak tree" in Hebrew.

It dates back to at least biblical times where one of the ruling judges of the Israelites was named so in the Old Testament.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Elon means "oak tree" in Hebrew.

It dates back to at least biblical times where one of the ruling judges of the Israelites was named so in the Old Testament.

That's interesting, but the thing I find a little strange is that Elon in German has no translation or meaning I could find. Now, I speak German and I tried to look up, but I can find no meaning for that word.:unsure:

Peace Dude.

@toast

• Like 4

In Canada, elon means, 'e lon had too much" as in hammered and very drunk.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, jeceris said:

In Canada, elon means, 'e lon had too much" as in hammered and very drunk.

Well in German it means nichts

6 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

That's interesting, but the thing I find a little strange is that Elon in German has no translation or meaning I could find. Now, I speak German and I tried to look up, but I can find no meaning for that word.:unsure:

Peace Dude.

@toast

Correct, no meaning in German.

• Like 2

I often say everyone is "psychic" to a certain extent.

This would be a nice example of pretty useless "prophetic" detail - it's like von Braun, while being focused on the future attempts to reach Mars, "picked up" the word "elon". It is not what he was speculating it might be, turns out it's a businessman's name, but definitely is used in context of human travel to Mars.   

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I often say everyone is "psychic" to a certain extent.

This would be a nice example of pretty useless "prophetic" detail - it's like von Braun, while being focused on the future attempts to reach Mars, "picked up" the word "elon". It is not what he was speculating it might be, turns out it's a businessman's name, but definitely is used in context of human travel to Mars.   

Hey Helen hope you are well. The strange thing is that the word Elon isn't a word at all, it's has no translation or meaning in German. So the word was basicly made up for its intended purpose in the book, and has no other use. Kind of weird, but it's a fact.

Peace Helen:tu:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Hey Helen hope you are well. The strange thing is that the word Elon isn't a word at all, it's has no translation or meaning in German. So the word was basicly made up for its intended purpose in the book, and has no other use. Kind of weird, but it's a fact.

Peace Helen:tu:

I'm well, thank you :) A little arthritic but well :)  I hope you're well too. 

And thank you for a lot of interesting topics and articles you posted, I don't have time to look at them all. 

On a less paranormal side, "elon" is an anagram of "leon" (leo, lion), which explains why von Braun might have found such newly coined word appropriate for an imaginary Martian title. I'm not saying he deliberately made a new word out of royally sounding existing one, I just noticed the reason why "elon" sounds the way it does.  

Still it's an interesting coincidence and I don't believe in coincidences :D  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

You can had ''troll master'' to these titles.

It doesn't take a genius to manipulate the masses. It takes only shamelessness and recklessness. People are horrifyingly stupid, on average. So if someone hasn't noticed yet that everything is fake about a certain "project", there's no use explaining it. Time will tell there're no elons of any kind anywhere near Mars in relatively near future.

When von Braun was writing his essay the situation in science and engineering was the opposite of what it is today - they were developing stuff, for real, not selling crap to idiots only.  

• Like 2

Elon isn't a person's name it's a title. Here's an article from 2017.

The prophetic part of von Braun’s work concerns the autonomous government of Mars. Namely, he proposed that, instead of presidents, rulers of the colony would be appointed the title of “Elon”: “The Martian government was directed by ten men, the leader of whom was elected by universal suffrage for five years and entitled “Elon.” Two houses of Parliament enacted the laws to be administered by the Elon and his cabinet. The Upper House was called the Council of the Elders and was limited to a membership of 60 persons, each being appointed for life by the Elon as vacancies occurred by death.”

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2017/06/13/in-1952-a-german-scientist-predicted-the-name-elon-would-be-associated-with-the-colonization-of-mars/

• Thanks 2

On 7/19/2021 at 4:00 AM, Helen of Annoy said:

It doesn't take a genius to manipulate the masses. It takes only shamelessness and recklessness. People are horrifyingly stupid, on average. So if someone hasn't noticed yet that everything is fake about a certain "project", there's no use explaining it. Time will tell there're no elons of any kind anywhere near Mars in relatively near future.

When von Braun was writing his essay the situation in science and engineering was the opposite of what it is today - they were developing stuff, for real, not selling crap to idiots only.  

People are horrifyingly stupid.  But we are going to Mars...and it won't be that long.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, joc said:

People are horrifyingly stupid.  But we are going to Mars...and it won't be that long.  

Human race will sooner or later send an actual crew to Mars, yes, most likely, possibly keep an outrageously expensive experimental colony there too, but you are not going to Mars.

You are only paying for rich people's bizarre hobbies, such as reinventing the existing technology and advertising it like it means anything in context of space flights. 

Just to give you an example that might help you realize how easily hypnotized you are: 

https://migflug.com/flights-prices/mig-29-edge-of-space/

For 17,500 Euros you can "be in space" too. 

Or keep expecting Barnum type of advertising to move you to Mars. Send Trump first. He might supply the hot air for a while.   

See the source image

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/19/2021 at 8:18 PM, Still Waters said:

The interesting thing is that the name Elon is not a word in the German Language, so Dr. Von Braun just made it up.

On 7/22/2021 at 11:27 AM, joc said:

Yes we are my friend, but there is a tiny little Hitch. According to the current plan they colonize or die because they have no way for them to return to Earth. :w00t::yes: Don't think I would go on that first mission, I think sitting back and letting them work the bugs of it might be the smart thing to do! :tu:

Peace

26 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes we are my friend, but there is a tiny little Hitch. According to the current plan they colonize or die because they have no way for them to return to Earth. :w00t::yes: Don't think I would go on that first mission, I think sitting back and letting them work the bugs of it might be the smart thing to do! :tu:

Peace

Details, details!  That's the problem with you realists...always have to drag in the 'details'.  :lol:

• Haha 2

On 7/15/2021 at 7:27 PM, jeceris said:

Mars Project: A Technical Tale," written by Wernher von Braun. Von Braun's nonfiction book is not a standard essay; it uses a narrative to explain to the average reader how a trip to Mars might look in the Cold War.

In his book, Von Braun doesn't say that a person named Elon would lead humanity to Mars but rather that the name of the leader's position would be "Elon."

https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-science-fiction-nasa-colonize-colony-planets-solar-system-2021-6

This is kind of funny. Mr. Musk dropped titles at work in 2018, titled himself Technoking of Tesla in 2021... then posted a tweet with a quote from a 70's American movie, which led to a response tweet of a misinformed extract of a 50s German fiction... which led to the Technoking briefly proclaiming to be the Imperator of Mars. 

That's like a fanfic of a fanfic of a fanfic... or a really good start to a crazy space style urban legend. With the way it's set up now, it could get really good and skewed up to a much bigger fish in a decade or two. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, joc said:

Details, details!  That's the problem with you realists...always have to drag in the 'details'.  :lol:

Sorry man, but think about it is going to take some brave, and dedicated Single heroes to sign up for a mission like that!:yes:

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Sorry man, but think about it is going to take some brave, and dedicated Single heroes to sign up for a mission like that!:yes:

I think a manned space flight to Mars is in the future...but...only when we have developed the technology to return flight.  I don't think is anyone is really planning on a one way flight to Mars.  We'll get there...probably ten years out I would guess.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, joc said:

I think a manned space flight to Mars is in the future...but...only when we have developed the technology to return flight.  I don't think is anyone is really planning on a one way flight to Mars.  We'll get there...probably ten years out I would guess.

I think the book The Martian by Andy Weir is close to how it will be.  We have almost all the technology he describes perfected.   

• Like 3