Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lucid dreaming study reports 'alien contact'

I think we're looking at tryptamine release as being one of the  best explanations for this phenomenon 

Edited by HandsomeGorilla

"I want to dream about aliens"

*Has dream about aliens*

"I contacted aliens!"

Nope.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 5

Turns out the inner universe is as infinite as the outer...

Lucidity in dreaming is a doorway to the Innerverse.

As to what's encountered there?  *shrug   I take it as it comes. 

There have been encounters in dream, both lucid and not, that have taught me aspects of my own nature that otherwise may have lain dormant.

Dreamstuff is dreamstuff.  Just because it's illusory, doesn't mean it can't impact my life and reveal insights.

I recommend everyone try triggering lucidity, it's the ultimate free carnival.

59 minutes ago, razman said:

How do you just instruct someone to enter a lucid dream?

They're probably experienced lucid dreamers. The guy who scientifically proved ld'ing (Steven Laberge) got test subjects to do this on the fly.

• Like 1

I believe I know what they are talking about, although I haven't heard it called lucid dream.   You have to get yourself to a relaxed state of consciousness, and it's really quite simple.   I do it sometimes.

A glimmering speck,, " ...could be confused .. "

researchers divided these 'contact reports' into two groups: absurd (dream-like experiences) and realistic (could be confused with reality)

I frequently used to have lucid dreams, thank god I rarely have them now, but the dreams still look very detailed but I do enjoy that.

7 hours ago, razman said:

Some people can do it alone, but if an instructor is used he/she guides someone into a relaxed state, where that person is not fully asleep but is aware of what is going on.   Then the relaxed person uses visualization to "see" what they want to happen.   If they want to meet an alien they visualize that happening.   I visualized my neighbor mowing my lawn and he did without me asking.

Edited by Brandy333
  • Haha 2

The whole "alien abduction" phenomena has everything in common with sleep paralysis, many forms of seizures, and just plain old nightmares.

Pretty sure those things are what is happening to people, and not them being taken onto UFOs by aliens or alien AI for examination and experimentation...

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Nosy.Matters said:

A glimmering speck,, " ...could be confused .. "

Most of my dreams, no matter the insanity of the narrative, all seem to be real none of this “floating above it all knowing you’re asleep” or whatnot. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Seti42 said:

The whole "alien abduction" phenomena has everything in common with sleep paralysis, many forms of seizures, and just plain old nightmares.

Pretty sure those things are what is happening to people, and not them being taken onto UFOs by aliens or alien AI for examination and experimentation...

Exactly.

The study supports that some people attribute fantastical things to regular human physiology and known sleep related phenomena.

Just dreams.

• Like 2

On 7/18/2021 at 2:55 AM, razman said:

It depends on how you sleep.

But if someone already dreams lucidly; you can try to give them mechanisms on how to do so on command/more frequently. 

Eg. If I wake up from a dream voluntarily or deliberately and want to enter it again; I just close my eyes and picture a vivid part of the dream while breathing slowly and deeply. Usually I’ll fall back into the dream and in a more lucid state due to just falling asleep.

• Like 2

Sorry this explanation doesn�t explain all abductions� just like Travis Walton case� where his friends saw him get hit by a beam of light from a ufo.. and was missing for like a week I think..? Anyways Lucid dreaming ? That’s �s not enough information to make that conclusion. Not buying it.

Edited by ufoguy

On 7/18/2021 at 2:08 AM, Seti42 said:

There's other sleeping disorders similar to sleep paralysis, like exploding head syndrome. Which I experienced for a few months. Many claim it's related to aliens or things like energy weapons. I don't blame them. It's scary af. Also some md's have prescribed anti stroke meds for this. During experience it did feel like some mini stroke (head spasms) very scary and uncomfortable.

Anyway sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming often get lumped together. You dont necessarily need to induce SP to lucid dream. Or visualize to lucid dream. There's other popular induction methods.