Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Jersey brothers who made 60 million robocalls must pay $1.66 million

Vorg

• Like 8

I wish they would find and jail the "your warranty has expired" robocalls.  I get at least one a week, and when I press one to talk to an agent to tell them to get me off their list I get 2 more in the same day.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I wish they would find and jail the "your warranty has expired" robocalls.  I get at least one a week, and when I press one to talk to an agent to tell them to get me off their list I get 2 more in the same day.  

I get those about 3 or 4 a month, and when I press 1 to talk to someone, they cut the call.

• Like 2

I never answer my phone if I don't recognize the number. If they want to talk to me so much then leave a message. 

• Like 3

I usually don't either, but once in a while I do to ask about their "do not call" policy and never make it to that point.

1 hour ago, South Alabam said:

I get those about 3 or 4 a month, and when I press 1 to talk to someone, they cut the call.

Thats why I always use a 2nd phone number of mine which is never online, for all kind of registrations, purchases and others where I expect marketing calls. The number is conneted to a virtual answering machine and all sales fairies who call the number listen to this .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, South Alabam said:

I'm hoping they took everything from that they earned through these calls.

who are they?   

1 hour ago, aztek said:

who are they?   

Environmental Safety International, run by Sean and Joseph Carney, and telemarketing company Carbo, run by Raymond Carney, were using the calls to sell cesspool and septic-tank cleaning products, the Justice Department said on Friday.

Unsure if that is a trick question.

Although they are slowly increasing I recon I get about one or two spam calls a month, which I don't answer as I don't answer calls from numbers not in my contacts list.