Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World governments are embracing AI big time

UM-Bot

I´m sick and tired of the abusive usage of the term AI. It is not artificial intelligence, its smart or intelligent algorithms, so far and at least publicly there is no artificial intelligence.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, godnodog said:

there is no artificial intelligence.

You forgot politicians.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, godnodog said:

I´m sick and tired of the abusive usage of the term AI. It is not artificial intelligence, its smart or intelligent algorithms, so far and at least publicly there is no artificial intelligence.

You haven't been to the southern United States, have you?

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, HSlim said:

You haven't been to the southern United States, have you?

what?

Artificial intelligence is beneficial in many ways. And it�s only going to improve throughout time. I have serious doubts it will ever become self aware to the point anyone ever needs to worry about it�s actions. Nothing with a synthetic mind should ever be in control of weapons of any kind. It would be like handing a gun to a child. But as humans progress towards the idea of making it self aware who knows. In a century or two it might wake up and develop into a more complex far superior thinking machine than humans could ever become. It�s not about processing power or speed a synthetic mind needs to become more human like. It�s the information it can harness to think in the same manor as humans. Just like in how you raise you�re children has allot to do with how they turn out in life.
You will witness the sudden advancement of AI in the years to come. And each platform will serve a use in all industries and military.

AI is like any other 'big' or new technology. It's only as 'intelligent' as the people who made it, and it can be used to better the human experience or worsen it. Likely both at the same time.
As far is actual AI? Well, we're far from that. We do have 'algorithms' and whatever, but they are mostly garbage. When/if we do invent actual artificial intelligence, it'll be just like any child. Only as decent as the people who raise and educate it.

1 hour ago, Freez1 said:

Artificial intelligence is beneficial in many ways. And it�s only going to improve throughout time. I have serious doubts it will ever become self aware to the point anyone ever needs to worry about it�s actions. Nothing with a synthetic mind should ever be in control of weapons of any kind. It would be like handing a gun to a child.

I think that is exactly what is being developed by some of the labs.  Big Dogs with gun mounts independently roaming the battlefield.  In a sense yes, a child or AI does not face moral dilemmas or hesitate.

It will probably be a hype for a while until people die or get seriously injured due to putting too much trust in AI.

4 hours ago, Freez1 said:

self aware who knows

yeah who knows the tainted data a blackhat cell quietly feeds to it and the horror decisions that commence without human minds somewhere in the loop.

(strategic games in the future)