Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas... Heather Rich...

Newfrance

Anyone hear of this case.......quite a tragedy......1996.........https://www.google.com/search?q=heather+rich&rlz=1C1AFAB_enUS480US485&sxsrf=ALeKk017M-O7vcvlmE11wt4VFW6zj0KW3w:1626832575199&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=Bm1SX5jiD1LCgM%2CIOHkfalbQyIv5M%2C%2Fm%2F0bm9fmz&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRaSfYuCTV5Bg9Mu7EwXgngkauwbw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjLqYPOh_PxAhUDZd8KHQlbAjAQ_B16BAgqEAE#imgrc=Bm1SX5jiD1LCgM................Anyone know for sure what case the state had against Randy Wood........what level of participation did he do?  Also, will he ever be paroled.......pls post..........................

• The title was changed to Texas... Heather Rich...

So Why post a page of pictures if you wish to discuss this story and not provide the story of the case?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Heather_Rich

The murder of Heather Rich is an American child murder case dating from October 1996 in which a 16-year-old high school student from Waurika, Oklahoma, was sexually assaulted, raped, then shot to death before her body was thrown into a creek in Montague County, Texas.

Three teenagers (two of whom had been known to Rich) were arrested two weeks after the discovery of her body; each of the three would later be tried and subsequently convicted of Rich's murder. One of the perpetrators would be sentenced to two terms of life imprisonment with no possibility of parole; a second individual would be sentenced to a term of life imprisonment plus 99 years for conspiracy to commit murder, while the third individual was sentenced to life imprisonment with possibility of parole after 40 years.

Conflicting testimony delivered at two of the perpetrators' separate trials leads to ongoing speculation as to which of the trio actually shot and killed Rich.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/21/2021 at 2:56 AM, Newfrance said:

Anyone hear of this case.......quite a tragedy......1996.........https://www.google.com/search?q=heather+rich&rlz=1C1AFAB_enUS480US485&sxsrf=ALeKk017M-O7vcvlmE11wt4VFW6zj0KW3w:1626832575199&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=Bm1SX5jiD1LCgM%2CIOHkfalbQyIv5M%2C%2Fm%2F0bm9fmz&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRaSfYuCTV5Bg9Mu7EwXgngkauwbw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjLqYPOh_PxAhUDZd8KHQlbAjAQ_B16BAgqEAE#imgrc=Bm1SX5jiD1LCgM................Anyone know for sure what case the state had against Randy Wood........what level of participation did he do?  Also, will he ever be paroled.......pls post..........................

what is this thread about? I mean, I know it is about a murder but what is the angle?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Newfrance said:

The Angle was what level of participation did Randy Wood have in the case?...

Did you read the Wiki article that you were given a link to?

On 7/21/2021 at 2:51 PM, closed for business said:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Did you read the Wiki article that you were given a link to?

I read the part I quoted as it came up when I did a search because the OP made no link or what the intention of the thread was about and his following response added nothing to the thread sorry if the information was inaccurate as I am not familiar with the case.

Actually now I have taken the time to read through the link and it is sad that she was killed by the boys. reminded me of what 2 young lads did to a girl back home.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, closed for business said:

I read the part I quoted as it came up when I did a search because the OP made no link or what the intention of the thread was about and his following response added nothing to the thread sorry if the information was inaccurate as I am not familiar with the case.

I think Still Waters was asking the question of the OP not you. Your info was helpful. I personally am wondering if the OP has something to add to what is already available, otherwise asking 'Anyone know for sure what case the state had against Randy Wood........what level of participation did he do?  Also, will he ever be paroled.......pls post..........................' is going to turn up nothing new unless an eyewitness responds. 

• Like 2

Randy has stated He was ordered at gunpoint by curtis Gambill to do the stuff he did.....although he did  admit to fondling the  drunk girl........What connection do this  make him a killer if he did not do the shooting?..........