Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tulsi Gabbard tweets that Bezos should 'stay up there' in space

WVK

Okay new rule: if you can afford to go to space you can afford a 90 percent income tax rate on income over 5 million.  It worked in the Eisenhower era.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Okay new rule: if you can afford to go to space you can afford a 90 percent income tax rate on income over 5 million.  It worked in the Eisenhower era.

naw, we'll keep the old rule, all the money we make, we keep it, and freeloaders can go pound sand, or make their own money

7 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

C'mon, he only makes $150,000 per minute.    What's he gonna live on?

• Haha 1

As much as I personally dislike the man he is doing something whiny people like you can't and that's putting people to work.

We can continue this conversation when and if you employ as many people as he does.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

As much as I personally dislike the man he is doing something whiny people like you can't and that's putting people to work.

We can continue this conversation when and if you employ as many people as he does.

for starters let him employ himself and pay taxes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Or when I make has many people pee in a water bottle has he has because of his draconian working conditions. 

3 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Or when I make has many people pee in a water bottle has he has because of his draconian working conditions. 

I’d say that’s providing motivation to get the skills for a better job. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Nah, tax rate can stay the same - get rid of the “overseas company” tax loophole. You earn $2quintillion dollars in America? Your company pays tax on that $2quintillion, you earn a billion in Oz? You ALSO pay tax on that billion. 
it will lead to a abundance of new tax agent jobs.

What a bunch of bitter twinks you all are. 

These infant space companies will one day improve the quality of life for everyone on the planet.  Whether it's by bringing back raw materials that are rare on earth but abundant on certain asteroids that can be mined or harvesting helium 3 from the moon to be used for cheap clean energy here and out there.  You're like the people who were upset at the introduction of the horseless carriage as a nuisance.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

lets imagine for a second he  stays in space, who would  take over and how it would change anything? as far as amazon is concerned,  or other businesses he controls. 

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

What a bunch of bitter twinks you all are. 

These infant space companies will one day improve the quality of life for everyone on the planet.  Whether it's by bringing back raw materials that are rare on earth but abundant on certain asteroids that can be mined or harvesting helium 3 from the moon to be used for cheap clean energy here and out there.  You're like the people who were upset at the introduction of the horseless carriage as a nuisance.

With all the Star trek fans here, it's surprising. how anti-progress they all are . 

Tech advances help all of us even when from a "evil billionaire." 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

With all the Star trek fans here, it's surprising. how anti-progress they all are . 

I’m a Warhammer 40K fan, Bald Men in Space is always a bad thing *DAMN YOU EREBUS!!!*

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

We're not anti progress, we're anti 'some chuckle**** has enough disposable income to do this crap when he could have actually paid the people he's making expel waste into a bottle a living wage'

• Haha 1

We're not anti progress, we're anti 'some chuckle**** has enough disposable income to do this crap when he could have actually paid the people he's making expel waste into a bottle a living wage'

Or they can get another job like a regular person.

This is not disposable income anyway.  He started a space company and probably has many investors and a plan bigger than launching people to the edge of space for ten minutes.

Edited by OverSword

you have 2 healthy kidneys, lungs, eyes... other do not, you can help them to live longer and improve their quality of life, if you want someone to pay a lazy a$$ like you, just cuz you were born, you got to give something in return.

• Like 1

Amazon employees make decent money.   Starts at $15 an hour and goes up quickly from there.

I also think it is good that these billionaires are doing this.  Spending some money and advancing technology.   Win win.  

I don't know why he is OK having over $200 billion dollars.  If it were me, I would keep somewhere around 2-4 billion and have a blast spending the rest.   Giving it away to good causes.  To people I know and people I meet.   I would have so much fun.   I'd tell a fat guy that I will give him $10,000 for each pound he loses in the next year.  Lot's of stuff like that.   

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

Amazon employees make decent money.   Starts at $15 an hour and goes up quickly from there.

I also think it is good that these billionaires are doing this.  Spending some money and advancing technology.   Win win.  

I don't know why he is OK having over $200 billion dollars.  If it were me, I would keep somewhere around 2-4 billion and have a blast spending the rest.   Giving it away to good causes.  To people I know and people I meet.   I would have so much fun.   I'd tell a fat guy that I will give him $10,000 for each pound he loses in the next year.  Lot's of stuff like that.   

Where is that 200b? Surely not gold bars in a vault?

8 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

I can understand the impulse.

But to me it's the same logic as people who say NASA shouldn't exist because homeless people exist. 

Or there's some meme going around the the Wrigth Brothers testing their plane, and onlookers are like "hey, you should be using those resources to help people, not to work on vanity projects."

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2