Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Steve Feltham: Why I’m still searching for the Loch Ness monster after 30 years

Still Waters

A British man who left his life behind to search for the Loch Ness Monster on a full-time basis celebrated a staggering 30 years on the proverbial job this past weekend. According to a local media report, Steve Feltham became fascinated with the legendary cryptid when he was a child and his obsession with the tale of the mysterious beast said to lurk in Loch Ness only grew as he got older. Eventually, he "came to a crossroads" at the age of 28 and wondered "what do I want to do with my life." Faced with the choice of settling down and starting a family or embarking on a life of adventure, Feltham found the answer to be fairly obvious in his mind, musing that "for me, it was always about the Loch Ness Monster."

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/full-time-nessie-hunter-celebrates-30-years-searching-for-famed-monster/

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/highlands/3318316/nessie-hunter-why-im-still-searching-for-the-loch-ness-monster-after-30-years/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Seems like he became religious about it.

Edited by Nosy.Matters
  • Like 1

"Why I'm still searching for Nessie after 30 years" 

I think after 30 years, most people would call it a wrap for pretty much anything... And I'm talking REAL things. For people like him, it just becomes something that fills their day; for some, their hobby becomes their entire identity 

I'm sure this guy goes out there with 99.99% surety that there ain't **** in that Loch, maybe some big eels? From what I've surmised, it's a rather dreary place with not much going on despite its size and depth

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

"Why I'm still searching for Nessie after 30 years" 

I think after 30 years, most people would call it a wrap for pretty much anything... And I'm talking REAL things. For people like him, it just becomes something that fills their day; for some, their hobby becomes their entire identity 

I'm sure this guy goes out there with 99.99% surety that there ain't **** in that Loch, maybe some big eels? From what I've surmised, it's a rather dreary place with not much going on despite its size and depth

He lives in a van and sells trinkets. I’m not sure how into real life this guy ever was. Some people just decide to take a many decades vacation. I think they use whatever they can as an excuse for the vacation.

6 hours ago, Nobu said:

He lives in a van and sells trinkets. I’m not sure how into real life this guy ever was. Some people just decide to take a many decades vacation. I think they use whatever they can as an excuse for the vacation.

That was what I was thinking.   Turns out his net worth is around $800,000.   Seems in the early 2000's he entered into the entertainment business.   Probably was tired of mac and cheese.   

https://networthwikibio.org/steve-feltham-net-worth/

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

From what I've surmised, it's a rather dreary place with not much going on despite its size and depth

I take it you've never been there?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1