Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Covid Patients Beg for Vaccine, but are Denied

Raptor Witness

Doctor: Patients 'beg me for the vaccine' before being intubated - CNN 7-21-2021

An Alabama doctor shared a heartbreaking Facebook post, revealing that some of her unvaccinated Covid-19 patients are begging for the vaccine before being placed on a ventilator. 

It's truly sad how deceived people begin to grasp reality, only when they are dying. 

There are also far fewer atheists and agnostics, when they are falling from the height of a ten story building.

So it is with the United States, as the wheat gets separated from the chaff.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

I'm glad to see that you are mourning for the less intelligent than yourself.  I'm not sure which Deity you follow but using the Word from the Holy scriptures to push your political views tells me all I need to know about your walk with Christ.  You live exactly like a Sadducee but pretend to be a Pharisee.  You should probably take a look at your beliefs.  You might find more "chaff" there than you'd think.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, and then said:

I'm glad to see that you are mourning for the less intelligent than yourself.  I'm not sure which Deity you follow but using the Word from the Holy scriptures to push your political views tells me all I need to know about your walk with Christ.  You live exactly like a Sadducee but pretend to be a Pharisee.  You should probably take a look at your beliefs.  You might find more "chaff" there than you'd think.

Sounds more like an Essene...

• Like 1

He's a gore crow.  Everyone has a right to believe as they wish but when they begin behaving like they think God Himself has given them a mission, it gets to be offensive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That's very sad.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

That's very sad.

People can say what they want about CNN, but you would NEVER see a story like this on Fox or any of the conservative conspiracy channels.

We need more "missions" of warning right now. The don't worry be happy crowd has been the problem all along.

Fear is sometimes a friend.  The snakes hiding in the grass are always trying to downplay the danger, in favor of a happy go lucky, let's move on, attitude.

I'm a realist, with a message of hope.  BE BRAVE - GET VACCINATED  Then there is no chaff to blow away. 

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

People can say what they want about CNN, but you would NEVER see a story like this on Fox or any of the conservative conspiracy channels.

We need more "missions" of warning right now. The don't worry be happy crowd has been the problem all along.

Fear is sometimes a friend.  The snakes hiding in the grass are always trying to downplay the danger, in favor of a happy go lucky, let's move on, attitude.

I'm a realist, with a message of hope.  BE BRAVE - GET VACCINATED  Then there is no chaff to blow away. 

I thought of it like this.

Maybe by getting the vaccine, I protected someone else...maybe a child.

If something happened to me because of the shot, then I guess there are worse reasons to die. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, GlitterRose said:

I thought of it like this.

Maybe by getting the vaccine, I protected someone else...maybe a child.

If something happened to me because of the shot, then I guess there are worse reasons to die. 

I can understand this outlook.  What offends me and makes me suspicious is the sense of sheer urgency our government seems to have about a virus that has less than a 1% overall mortality rate associated with it.  This is a virus that has behaved as all other viruses have behaved in that it becomes more transmissible without killing more of its new hosts.  We have had around 5-6 million deaths world-wide from the virus but tens of millions from starvation and economically-driven suicides, all to stop a virus that  98+ % survive with little or no medical sequelae.  

IT MAKES NO SENSE. 

When something is that illogical, people should be demanding answers rather than casting blame on those who do.  I don't believe any of the grand conspiracies around this bug.  I'm not an anti-vaxxer.  This is the first vaccine that's ever been recommended that I've found reasons to doubt.  I see it as just another wedge issue to pull Americans apart and lead to them blaming or hating each other.  Now, they're not so subtly telling us that if we don't all get on the train, the country may "have to be"  put on another lockdown.  I don't buy it and no one is going to force me to by shaming me into it.  If I die from THAT, then I guess there are worse reasons to die...

Edited by and then
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, and then said:

I can understand this outlook.  What offends me and makes me suspicious is the sense of sheer urgency our government seems to have about a virus that has less than a 1% overall mortality rate associated with it.  This is a virus that has behaved as all other viruses have behaved in that it becomes more transmissible without killing more of its new hosts.  We have had around 5-6 million deaths world-wide from the virus but tens of millions from starvation and economically-driven suicides, all to stop a virus that  98+ % survive with little or no medical sequelae.  

IT MAKES NO SENSE. 

When something is that illogical, people should be demanding answers rather than casting blame on those who do.  I don't believe any of the grand conspiracies around this bug.  I'm not an anti-vaxxer.  This is the first vaccine that's ever been recommended that I've found reasons to doubt.  I see it as just another wedge issue to pull Americans apart and lead to them blaming or hating each other.  Now, they're not so subtly telling us that if we don't all get on the train, the country may "have to be"  put on another lockdown.  I don't buy it and no one is going to force me to by shaming me into it.  If I die from THAT, then I guess there are worse reasons to die...

Isn't that high, though? Let's say it is 1% (a bit less you say, but there may be Long Covid not accounted for). In an office with 300 people, 3 will die an unpleasant death through breathing difficulties. Isn't that an awful lot?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Ted E Hughes said:

Isn't that high, though? Let's say it is 1% (a bit less you say, but there may be Long Covid not accounted for). In an office with 300 people, 3 will die an unpleasant death through breathing difficulties. Isn't that an awful lot?

I've heard that the death rate may be even higher, especially in poorer countries; upwards of 5% where medical care is limited. Which is the same when your U.S. healthcare system gets overwhelmed.

@and then view is short sighted and uncaring, especially for those who are disabled by Covid. We barely know the long term consequences of harboring such an aggressive virus. 

After the 1918 flu pandemic, a relative of mine was permanently disabled by that virus, and is the only member of my immediate family to die of cancer.  These aggressive viruses can make permanent changes to our DNA.

These folks who want to put American business above all other things, are out of touch with reality. Claiming that suicides are a greater threat is nonsense, and is an old Trumpian line, which was abandoned, even by Trump.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can't argue with idiots, even intelligent idiots. You have senior staff at hospitals who should know better, being fired for refusing vaccination. I say, let them take their chances, just like they do with flu and die if they want to. Just don't expect the rest of us to inconvenience ourselves trying to protect you. You care for no one but yourselves, so why should anyone care about you?

3 hours ago, and then said:

IT MAKES NO SENSE. 

You're trying to make out like a Internet tough guy and you already got the vaccine didn't you? ;)

• Like 1

I thought New York’s new weekly testing requirement for unvaccinated medical staff seemed fair.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

I thought New York’s new weekly testing requirement for unvaccinated medical staff seemed fair.

It will probably be the ideal standard at most medical facilities. Where I work, every kind of health care worker on medical staff is already vaccinated. And the ones that didn't agree with getting a covid vaccination left long ago.

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ted E Hughes said:

How many of those 300 people might die from heart disease, cancer, or any other health issue? How many died from the flu and no one bats an eye? 

19 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

How many of those 300 people might die from heart disease, cancer, or any other health issue? How many died from the flu and no one bats an eye? 

All of them will die. As you  say, no one bats an eye.

10 hours ago, and then said:

What offends me and makes me suspicious is the sense of sheer urgency our government seems to have about a virus that has less than a 1% overall mortality rate associated with it. 

So it's only harmful if you die from it?  Speaking of 'making no sense'.  Logical people look at something that has less than a 1% mortality rate yet has killed millions of people as 'dangerous'.  People who understand a smidgen of science also understand that viruses can become more dangerous if allowed to spread.

10 hours ago, and then said:

Now, they're not so subtly telling us that if we don't all get on the train, the country may "have to be"  put on another lockdown.  I don't buy it and no one is going to force me to by shaming me into it.  If I die from THAT, then I guess there are worse reasons to die...

I think loony paranoia is a pretty bad reason to die, but to each his own.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ted E Hughes said:

All of them will die. As you  say, no one bats an eye.

Does anyone really think about the 2.8 million that die from obesity each year? How about the roughly 80,000 successful suicides? Do we shut down the world because of the seasonal flu? 

I mean heart disease is top dog in kills.

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/the-top-10-causes-of-death

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Do we shut down the world because of the seasonal flu?  I mean heart disease is top dog in kills.

Heart disease is not directly contagious.  The seasonal flu is not as dangerous as Covid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Heart disease is not directly contagious.  The seasonal flu is not as dangerous as Covid.

No one's shutting down McDonald's are they. From what I've come to understand is that covid appears to mess up/kill those who are obese and already in poor health. It's almost as if a healthy life style keeps people from getting sick/too sick. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

No one's shutting down McDonald's are they.

No, because the effects of eating bad food aren't directly contagious either.  

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

From what I've come to understand is that covid appears to mess up/kill those who are obese and already in poor health. It's almost as if a healthy life style keeps people from getting sick/too sick. 

That applies to most health issues I think.  Are you sure that those in good health will not be messed up/killed by catching covid?  And the current and potential variants of it? 

I guess I'll never understand the 'but more people die from x' argument.  Our worst hurricanes kill far less than 1% of the people affected by it, but I rarely see people bring up the greater deaths by heart disease to question why people are evacuating to get away from those.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

That applies to most health issues I think.  Are you sure that those in good health will not be messed up/killed by catching covid?  And the current and potential variants of it? 

Only time will tell. Hell, my wife has covid antibodies and as you might remember, she had ovarian cancer (which is still in remission). All I'm going to say is that those who don't want the vac are gambling with our own life. That's our choice. If I die, I die. No big loss. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

All I'm going to say is that those who don't want the vac are gambling with our own life. That's our choice.

I totally agree, just like as you noted those who eat McD's constantly or for that matter do heroin are gambling with theirs.  The key though is ensuring that the unvaccinated person's life is the only one being gambled with, outside of hermits it's tough to avoid contact with unvaccinated people (including those who through no fault of their own cannot be vaccinated).  I've got a couple concerts this summer that I wouldn't be surprised if they were postponed; I'm not blaming the government or the nefarious 'they/them' of the paranoid if that happens, I'm blaming needlessly unvaccinated people who are careless/clueless for prolonging this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1