Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Raptor Witness

Covid Patients Beg for Vaccine, but are Denied

75 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

spartan max2
49 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Does anyone really think about the 2.8 million that die from obesity each year? How about the roughly 80,000 successful suicides? Do we shut down the world because of the seasonal flu? 

I mean heart disease is top dog in kills.

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/the-top-10-causes-of-death

People have less sympathy for what is seen as "lifestyle diseases."

And lifestyle diseases not being contagious makes it less of others business.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
Just now, spartan max2 said:

People have less sympathy for what is seen as "lifestyle diseases."

And lifestyle diseases not being contagious makes it less of others business.

Those lifestyle diseases make people vulnerable to worse conditions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
2 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

I totally agree, just like as you noted those who eat McD's constantly or for that matter do heroin are gambling with theirs.  The key though is ensuring that the unvaccinated person's life is the only one being gambled with, outside of hermits it's tough to avoid contact with unvaccinated people (including those who through no fault of their own cannot be vaccinated).  I've got a couple concerts this summer that I wouldn't be surprised if they were postponed; I'm not blaming the government or the nefarious 'they/them' of the paranoid if that happens, I'm blaming needlessly unvaccinated people who are careless/clueless for prolonging this.

I'm "anti social" in the sense that I don't like socializing with many people if any. Basically a hermit. My main issue is in how much mixed messages I've seen. I mention before that in November I might get vaxxed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
7 hours ago, Katniss said:

It will probably be the ideal standard at most medical facilities. Where I work, every kind of health care worker on medical staff is already vaccinated. And the ones that didn't agree with getting a covid vaccination left long ago.

Most of my healthcare workers initially refused the jab. Half are still in denial, including one who tried to talk me out of getting mine.

Unless they have a valid condition which is a legitimate concern, these unvaccinated  healthcare workers are dangerous. Weekly testing is acceptable to me, but I suspect should be done, whether a healthcare worker is vaccinated or not.

The political apathy, deceit and even violence that has created this situation in the United States is beyond anything most of U.S. would have ever imagined, which is why the source must be eradicated from public office forever. These folks must be removed from ever coming near the reins of power again.

Where ever there is a Republican governor, there is where Earth Operation “Inquisition” is now underway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

I guess I'll never understand the 'but more people die from x' argument.  Our worst hurricanes kill far less than 1% of the people affected by it, but I rarely see people bring up the greater deaths by heart disease to question why people are evacuating to get away from those.

Thank you …

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
glorybebe
11 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

 

We barely know the long term consequences of harboring such an aggressive virus. 

 

And we also have no idea what the long term consequences of these rushed vaccinations, either.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Katniss
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Most of my healthcare workers initially refused the jab. Half are still in denial, including one who tried to talk me out of getting mine.

Unless they have a valid condition which is a legitimate concern, these unvaccinated  healthcare workers are dangerous. Weekly testing is acceptable to me, but I suspect should be done, whether a healthcare worker is vaccinated or not.

 

Are you talking about home healthcare workers, nurses aids, general in-house caretakers? If so, those type of healthcare workers are not generally employed by hospitals and clinics, except nurse aids, and are usually employed by corporations that provide out of hospital service for the elderly and disabled. So unless a corporation requires their home healthcare workers to get vaccinated, and most don't even require their workers to get the common seasonal flu vax either, you could get a covid vaccine yourself, if you haven't already, but discuss it with your doctor first, as a first defense and wear a mask anytime they come to your home and provide services you need. Unless you can do without their services for a while?

I'm only a cardiac nurse and I mostly work in a heart clinic and sometimes in a nearby hospital that provides the necessary equipment and environment for heart surgery with rehabilitation supporting us, our doctors, and for our heart patients. But the hospital and the adjoining clinics that surround that hospital, require all medical staff to be vaccinated against any flu. So it's different from what you may be talking about.

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Does anyone really think about the 2.8 million that die from obesity each year? How about the roughly 80,000 successful suicides? Do we shut down the world because of the seasonal flu? 

I mean heart disease is top dog in kills.

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/the-top-10-causes-of-death

you mean 2.8 millions die yearly from "body positive"?  no way.....lol

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly
3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

How many of those 300 people might die from heart disease, cancer, or any other health issue? How many died from the flu and no one bats an eye? 

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20201218/covid-19-is-far-more-lethal-damaging-than-flu-data-shows#1

At least 8 ...to 15 times.. Less people die from flu than from covid.  .  ^ this article compares flu and covid numbers.   No contest, Covid is Far more dangerous and deadly.   

The facts are there if we look for them.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
1 hour ago, Katniss said:

Are you talking about home healthcare workers, nurses aids, general in-house caretakers? If so, those type of healthcare workers are not generally employed by hospitals and clinics, except nurse aids, and are usually employed by corporations that provide out of hospital service for the elderly and disabled. So unless a corporation requires their home healthcare workers to get vaccinated, and most don't even require their workers to get the common seasonal flu vax either, you could get a covid vaccine yourself, if you haven't already, but discuss it with your doctor first, as a first defense and wear a mask anytime they come to your home and provide services you need. Unless you can do without their services for a while?

I'm only a cardiac nurse and I mostly work in a heart clinic and sometimes in a nearby hospital that provides the necessary equipment and environment for heart surgery with rehabilitation supporting us, our doctors, and for our heart patients. But the hospital and the adjoining clinics that surround that hospital, require all medical staff to be vaccinated against any flu. So it's different from what you may be talking about.

These are just my regular contacts in healthcare.  GP, and specialists  

I had my Covid shots months ago, Moderna, with no complications so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
6 minutes ago, lightly said:

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20201218/covid-19-is-far-more-lethal-damaging-than-flu-data-shows#1

At least 8 ...to 15 times.. Less people die from flu than from covid.  .  ^ this article compares flu and covid numbers.   No contest, Covid is Far more dangerous and deadly.   

The facts are there if we look for them.

Thank you ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
1 hour ago, glorybebe said:

And we also have no idea what the long term consequences of these rushed vaccinations, either.  

There's a risk, but it's likely far less than the full blown virus.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Does anyone really think about the 2.8 million that die from obesity each year? How about the roughly 80,000 successful suicides? Do we shut down the world because of the seasonal flu? 

I mean heart disease is top dog in kills.

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/the-top-10-causes-of-death

That link ^. . Lists the top ten causes of death in 2019 ...   The first reported covid 19  cases in the U.S.  were in Jan. 2020.

   https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20201217/covid-19-ranks-as-a-leading-cause-of-death-inus

This link ^ .. Lists covid as a ( possibly THE ) leading cause of death in the U.S. in 2020.    

 https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/slide/covid-19-now-leading-cause-of-death-in-the-united-states/

This link ^  Lists covid as The leading cause of death in the U.S. In Jan. 2021

 https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-07-covid-falls-america-death-june.html

This ^.   Lists covid as the 7th leading cause of death by June 2021 ....  because of Vaccines.

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness

A voice of simple honesty…..

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa

I will point out that if obesity or smoking killed in less than a month, there might be a lot fewer obese people and smokers.

Freedom is a good thing.  Nobody has yet been forced to get vaccinated, it is a choice.  Sometimes organizations limit their risk by requiring employees get a vaccination.  It is still a choice.  Free individuals are free to follow their conscience and quit. Choice always has attached responsibilities and consequences. 

If we suffer a second large wave, it will be a good science experiment with controls.  We will see if people without vaccinations more frequently wind up with serious consequences, hospitalized, or die?   We will see if vaccinated people suddenly develop fatal consequences a year or two from now.?  

We also might see if there are economic effects on states or if there are not.   We will get to see the effects on  states' economies based on their different restrictions and policies.  For example, if cruise ships that embark from Florida develop too many fatal covid cases among passengers, they may change ports of call.   If the cruise industry suffers heavy losses, then Florida will feel the pain.   If not, then Florida will  continue to prosper.

We will see how the families of individuals that miss work, get hospitalized or die  fare with or without insurance and the social safety nets we have. What happens to a family with children when they  are bankrupt or become homeless?  Do children  grow up with the same chances of success?  Is the next generation permanently affected by the choice of their parents?  Often there are many people that bear the consequences of our freedom and choices, it would be good to know more about outcomes.

Good luck to all of us.  

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Autochthon1990
14 hours ago, and then said:

I can understand this outlook.  What offends me and makes me suspicious is the sense of sheer urgency our government seems to have about a virus that has less than a 1% overall mortality rate associated with it.  This is a virus that has behaved as all other viruses have behaved in that it becomes more transmissible without killing more of its new hosts.  We have had around 5-6 million deaths world-wide from the virus but tens of millions from starvation and economically-driven suicides, all to stop a virus that  98+ % survive with little or no medical sequelae.  

IT MAKES NO SENSE. 

When something is that illogical, people should be demanding answers rather than casting blame on those who do.  I don't believe any of the grand conspiracies around this bug.  I'm not an anti-vaxxer.  This is the first vaccine that's ever been recommended that I've found reasons to doubt.  I see it as just another wedge issue to pull Americans apart and lead to them blaming or hating each other.  Now, they're not so subtly telling us that if we don't all get on the train, the country may "have to be"  put on another lockdown.  I don't buy it and no one is going to force me to by shaming me into it.  If I die from THAT, then I guess there are worse reasons to die...

 

What offends me is how people turned this political because they thought it was a scam to get Trump out of office, and they're too retarded to admit they where wrong. 

Get your shot, you absolute tosser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1066
9 minutes ago, aztek said:

A man hospitalized with COVID-19 told CBS he'd still rather be sick than get a shot - and it shows how hard it'll be to convince everyone to get vaccinated

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-hospitalized-covid-19-told-160432588.html

We don't need to vaccinate everyone - just enough to trigger herd immunity.  The rest can hold out without doing too much harm, except to themselves.  At this time over 100,000 people a day are still being vaccinated, so we're still making headway.  With kids still to go, we can't quit just yet.

Doug

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1066
14 hours ago, and then said:

I can understand this outlook.  What offends me and makes me suspicious is the sense of sheer urgency our government seems to have about a virus that has less than a 1% overall mortality rate associated with it.  This is a virus that has behaved as all other viruses have behaved in that it becomes more transmissible without killing more of its new hosts.  We have had around 5-6 million deaths world-wide from the virus but tens of millions from starvation and economically-driven suicides, all to stop a virus that  98+ % survive with little or no medical sequelae.  

What worries the govts is the evolution of new variants.  A virus (covid) going through a population tends to mutate.  Those mutations may or may not be harmful to the host (us).  If one makes the virus spread faster, it becomes the dominant form (like delta).  If it becomes more lethal, more of the hosts die.  Imagine a strain of covid as lethal as ebola and as transmissible as delta.  One little mutation is all it would take.

I've had covid.  It ain't no picnic.

Doug

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
1 hour ago, lightly said:

That link ^. . Lists the top ten causes of death in 2019 ...   The first reported covid 19  cases in the U.S.  were in Jan. 2020.

   https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20201217/covid-19-ranks-as-a-leading-cause-of-death-inus

This link ^ .. Lists covid as a ( possibly THE ) leading cause of death in the U.S. in 2020.    

 https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/slide/covid-19-now-leading-cause-of-death-in-the-united-states/

This link ^  Lists covid as The leading cause of death in the U.S. In Jan. 2021

 https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-07-covid-falls-america-death-june.html

This ^.   Lists covid as the 7th leading cause of death by June 2021 ....  because of Vaccines.

tenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly

Clever.                          I didn't want to get vaccinated..  but was told I would more than likely die if I got covid.   I have huge $uspicions  about the whole THING.     But, we're stuck with it now, so I figure we should do what we can to save lives and suffering.   Crazy huh?         I'm glad I got shot now, I felt crappy for about 3 days...Wife felt worse ( which is usually an indicator of how well vaccinated you are). .but we've been fine since (March 25th) . I feel good that we are both likely to survive covid..and that we are not infecting people.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
22 minutes ago, lightly said:

Clever.                          I didn't want to get vaccinated..  but was told I would more than likely die if I got covid.   I have huge $uspicions  about the whole THING.     But, we're stuck with it now, so I figure we should do what we can to save lives and suffering.   Crazy huh?         I'm glad I got shot now, I felt crappy for about 3 days...Wife felt worse ( which is usually an indicator of how well vaccinated you are). .but we've been fine since (March 25th) . I feel good that we are both likely to survive covid..and that we are not infecting people.

Everybody dies. It's like attempting to prevent something that will always happen to each and every one of us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hugh Mungus
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, GlitterRose said:

That's very sad.

Only if you believe it. CNN technical director has said they make up stories to increase their ratings.

 

 

 

Only the uninformed repeat liars words like they are facts

Edited by Hugh Mungus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly
50 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Everybody dies. It's like attempting to prevent something that will always happen to each and every one of us. 

No kidding ? Everybody? !   Who knew!???    But until then,  I ,personally, would rather live awhile if I have a choice.  My wife prefers me alive as well :P.      

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, lightly said:

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20201218/covid-19-is-far-more-lethal-damaging-than-flu-data-shows#1

At least 8 ...to 15 times.. Less people die from flu than from covid.  .  ^ this article compares flu and covid numbers.   No contest, Covid is Far more dangerous and deadly.   

The data manipulation, deliberate or not, has turned covid discussions in to a hot mess. Every study comparing the flu and covid is based on the assumption that every covid death was caused solely by covid. This is clearly not the case or the survival rate wouldn't be 98+%. From the link:

Quote

The death rate among COVID-19 patients was 18.5%, while it was 5.3% for those with the flu. Those with COVID were nearly five times more likely to die than flu patients, according to the study published online Dec. 15 in the BMJ.

:huh: you really think 1 in 5 are dying from covid? It's more likely an obese diabetic tested positive, died on a ventilator and was marked down as a "covid death". Hell, some people have some said the Hospital marked their deceased relative as "covid death" when they died of completely unrelated causes. The Government incentivized covid so of course Hospitals, especially private ones, are going to rack those case numbers up as high as possible to get those sweet green backs. Pull up whatever reports you like but the situation at the ground level tells a very different story.

Edit to add--

As for the OP, I'll take "things that never happened" for $500, Alex. CNN citing a Facebook post to fill a time slot. Come on you guys.

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.