Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Katniss

Vaccinations rise in some states with soaring infections

Katniss
Posted (edited)

Vaccinations rise in some states with soaring infections

Coronavirus coordinator Jeff Zients told reporters that several states with the highest proportions of new infections have seen residents get vaccinated at higher rates than the nation as a whole. Officials cited Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Missouri and Nevada as examples.

https://apnews.com/article/covid-vaccinations-states-infection-rates-d877547c26b0b3982c0d802339cd5219

I guess the political anti-vaccine propaganda is not working.

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Raptor Witness
8 hours ago, Katniss said:

I guess the political anti-vaccine propaganda is not working.

No, it called being slow. 

Katniss
Posted (edited)
On 7/23/2021 at 8:14 AM, Raptor Witness said:

No, it called being slow. 

Actually it was rocky in June. At one point it plummeted below 1 million and later picked back up a little close to a million, than it really plummeted after that. But this month in July it's starting to rise again above 1 million.

Time has a graph we can look at, but it doesn't have July 2021.

https://time.com/6074717/covid-19-vaccination-trends/

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 1

Doug1066
Posted (edited)

Fortunately, the delta variant has not yet appeared in my town.  We are expecting it any time.  Last fall we were at capacity and had to increase hospital capacity by 90 beds.  Those beds are still there, so when delta gets here, we should be ready.

I think we need to complete the normal testing regime for a new vaccine.  Then do the same for the children's vaccine.  Thereafter, we need to continue the vaccination campaign until we reach a point of diminishing returns.  After that, shut down the campaign and let those who have not yet been vaccinated fend for themselves - in other words, write them off as lost and beyond help.  We should then concentrate on shipping vaccines to the rest of the world.

We have other problems that need work and saving the lives/health of people who don't want to be saved is not worth the effort.

Doug

Edited by Doug1066