Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

COVID-19: Woman given 'empty vaccination' by exhausted nurse in Malaysia

Still Waters

A woman in Malaysia was injected with an empty syringe when going for her COVID-19 vaccine, the government has confirmed.

The government has said it was "human negligence" after a nurse admitted she had mistakenly administered the "empty vaccination" due to exhaustion.

Two other people in the northern state of Kedah were given an extra COVID-19 vaccine dose as it was unclear if they had also been injected with empty syringes, science, technology and innovation minister Khairy Jamaluddin said.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-woman-given-empty-vaccination-by-exhausted-nurse-in-malaysia-12361925

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

The nurses and doctors were on stand by day in day out, month in month out without a decent rest day since the pandemic began. 

Even on the best of years the Medical staff is already short handed at the best of times. I'm surprised they're still standing truth be told. 

~

• Like 5

Placebo effect would have saved her anyway, so no harm done.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Inn Spectre said:

Placebo effect would have saved her anyway, so no harm done.

Nope, not how placebo's work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

Empty?  Did she get air pumped into her?

That's what I was wondering.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Nope, not how placebo's work.

Then can we have your dissertation on how they do?

26 minutes ago, Inn Spectre said:

Then can we have your dissertation on how they do?

How about you look up how Virus's work and how vaccines work.   

16 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

How about you look up how Virus's work and how vaccines work.   

Given that we know this virus is incapable of harming everyone it infects, that wouldn't disprove anything.

Just now, Inn Spectre said:

Given that we know this virus is incapable of harming everyone it infects, that wouldn't disprove anything.

Disprove what?  Your comment about placebos was a non-sequitur.   That's why I suggested you learn about virus' and vaccines since your comment was so far off topic.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Your comment about placebos was a non-sequitur.

Only if you dismiss the placebo effect, and given the inconsistent effect of the prevailing virus and its variants, I see no reason so to do.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Your comment about placebos was a non-sequitur.

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

Empty?  Did she get air pumped into her?

IIRC, we were taught the dangers of an air-bolus being intravenously injected and it had some serious side effects but the threshold for lethality was a bolus of 50ccs or greater.  I'm not sure if the vaccine syringe would have been anywhere close to that volume.  STILL, that's a scary error for a health care professional.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2021 at 3:51 AM, and then said:

IIRC, we were taught the dangers of an air-bolus being intravenously injected and it had some serious side effects but the threshold for lethality was a bolus of 50ccs or greater.  I'm not sure if the vaccine syringe would have been anywhere close to that volume.  STILL, that's a scary error for a health care professional.

Believe all of the Covid injections are intramuscular. Suspect that it's less of a problem there, than in a vein.

But, yeah. Still not great.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1