Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Supernatural Abilities

Duke Wellington

Several years ago I went on a trip to South America where I tried Ayahuasca, the legal shaman substance.

One of the realisations I had with it is that a human being is like a magnet. By that I mean we have a conscious field that emanates out from our minds and its that field which we experience as reality. On top of this I realised there was no such thing as kinetic energy. At the exact moment the impulse occurs to move an arm (as an example) that field alters reality to give out the experience of our arm moving.

So, I have had two weird types of experience - hypnic jerks with poltergeist activity, and apparent telekinesis.

I have had hypnic jerks before where my house shook, some where things have fallen off shelves, and one where my bed shunted 2 foot nearer the window. Its like a shock wave radiates out from me when having a hypnic jerk that impacts things in my environment. I think its a sleep state of mind where our reality field and the hypnic jerk dont interact with each other properly cause a decoupling.

I have had similar experiences when on autopilot due to being tired where I have thought about something (like putting the kettle on) only to find the kettle on even though I never flicked the switch.

• Like 1

Damn... you must be fun to be around at parties  :w00t:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Several years ago I went on a trip to South America where I tried Ayahuasca, the legal shaman substance.

One of the realisations I had with it is that a human being is like a magnet. By that I mean we have a conscious field that emanates out from our minds and its that field which we experience as reality. On top of this I realised there was no such thing as kinetic energy. At the exact moment the impulse occurs to move an arm (as an example) that field alters reality to give out the experience of our arm moving.

So, I have had two weird types of experience - hypnic jerks with poltergeist activity, and apparent telekinesis.

I have had hypnic jerks before where my house shook, some where things have fallen off shelves, and one where my bed shunted 2 foot nearer the window. Its like a shock wave radiates out from me when having a hypnic jerk that impacts things in my environment. I think its a sleep state of mind where our reality field and the hypnic jerk dont interact with each other properly cause a decoupling.

I have had similar experiences when on autopilot due to being tired where I have thought about something (like putting the kettle on) only to find the kettle on even though I never flicked the switch.

Do you think that fits with a simulated reality theory?  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

@Piney Is this up your alley?

One of the ingredients of that brew is something called DMT.  I'd never heard of it until a few months ago.  I think I'll pass on something that can cause a person to think they are communicating with entities that all look very similar, as reported by those who take the substance.  

Annnd 3...2...1...

11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Do you think that fits with a simulated reality theory?  

From what I experienced if its a SR then we are the protector projecting it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, and then said:

One of the ingredients of that brew is something called DMT.  I'd never heard of it until a few months ago.  I think I'll pass on something that can cause a person to think they are communicating with entities that all look very similar, as reported by those who take the substance.  

Annnd 3...2...1...

Any drug induced spiritual experience is invalid. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

From what I experienced if its a SR then we are the protector projecting it.

I agree, we are also a simulation if we live in one.

18 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Why?

Just now, OverSword said:

Why?

Because it isn't natural. It's self induced. It is like believing every schizophrenic is actually talking to the dead or telepathic. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Because it isn't natural. It's self induced. It is like believing every schizophrenic is actually talking to the dead or telepathic. 

So all those mushrooms for nothing eh? :D

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So all those mushrooms for nothing eh? 

If it made you a better rocker, wasn't it worth it?

• Haha 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2021 at 3:37 AM, XenoFish said:

I tend to strongly agree, but would say "almost certainly" invalid.  

There is also a difference between natural drugs we can  create internally, then   release into our mind and body, and those we take externally 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2021 at 1:20 PM, Cookie Monster said:

You altered your brain’s stimulus filter, and to a degree became temporarily autistic. That’s what most of these drugs do.

Do we gain power by changing our stimulus filter? Believe Him or not, it’s not how Jesus did it,  or taught others to. His method involved weakness and submission mixed with intention and purpose.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Matthew 21: 18-21

Early in the morning, as Jesus was on his way back to the city, he was hungry.

Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, “May you never bear fruit again!” Immediately the tree withered.

When the disciples saw this, they were amazed. How did the fig tree wither so quickly?” they asked.

Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done.

_________

While we could say, this is nonsense, we could also ask the question, “where are the men who can move mountains?“

What evidence would you look for, to determine if such manifestations are occurring? 

Would you believe it, if you saw a tree or nation wither, or a mountain move?

“May you never bear fruit again!” is an unnecessary sub-story if you are merely arguing for a moral dogma, based on a God or God-man’s healing miracles.

Why stick this in there, unless one day, we might see something like this occur?

What recently occurred on the earth, which is similar to a fig tree withering, or a mountain moving? 

Did you believe it when you saw it, or did you drive by, and pretend it was your imagination?

7 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Do we gain power by changing our stimulus filter?

If we shift our reality tunnel, we see things different. Power is a subjective concept. 

On 8/15/2021 at 12:16 AM, Mr Walker said:
On 7/23/2021 at 2:07 PM, XenoFish said:

I tend to strongly agree, but would say "almost certainly" invalid.  

I only realized the manifestation of power, after I gave up intoxicants, as a gift to my Higher Power.

3 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

I only realized the manifestation of power, after I gave up intoxicants, as a gift to my Higher Power.

This is logical (even if you are spoofing me ) :)  I am not saying that intoxicants can't /don't produce visions etc.

My point was that we understand  why this is so, and can thus discount their reliability. 

Using your own natural abilities,  evolved through hard work, will/discipline and practice, without external supplements, indicates a genuine abilty from  within.  

Plus if you induce them, you control them, rather than them controlling you, and they don't require physical toxins or poisons entering your body. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

This is logical (even if you are spoofing me )

No spoof, I did not give up intoxicants to receive a gift from a Higher Power. There was no quid pro quo.

A dark force offered me false power, while I was intoxicated. It was a temptation of sorts. Then, an opposing force, intervened, by sending a living messenger of Truth, who I obeyed. My recognition of the messenger of Truth was the beginning of a long journey.

Giving up intoxicants is a form of what Jesus described as “perfecting power through our weakness.”  We submit to or obey the Truth; first, before we can become messengers of the same Truth.

What we can learn from dissociatives or intoxicants is limited or even false. What we can learn through showing our weakness, is unlimited.

This is a principle, taught by Jesus Christ, which makes no sense to those who ascribe to the lowly power of humanism. The greatest gift of power I ever received, was immediately following  my first true act of charity on this earth. So my weakness was rewarded.

The Spirit of Truth is above all, a teacher.

On 7/23/2021 at 1:20 PM, Cookie Monster said:

Did he just said that there has no such thing as kinetic energy?
is-this-your-king.jpg

Beware the fools who got a Sesame Street puppet for profile picture.

Kinetic-Energy-Examples.jpg

We live in a dynamic Universe in perpetual expansion that infinitesimally goes down into entropic stagnation, where physical laws and eldritch quantum laws that are still beyond our contemporary human understanding reigns over and betwixt every aspect of our lives, and where emotions and beliefs affects ourselves and others as prodigiously as our problem-solving reasoning and rationality, but yet there has NO kinetic energy.

That is no nihilistic vanguard thought, but pure trailer park mindset. What's next? The Earth is flat?

On 7/23/2021 at 12:20 PM, Cookie Monster said:

Your realizations were completely not 'real'.  Your house did not shake because of any shock wave coming out of your body.  They call that an Earth Tremor or possibly an Earth Quake.   

Memory is a funny thing.  You did not flick on the kettle with your mind.  You flicked it on with your finger and have no memory of doing it...somewhat like driving for miles and not even realizing seeing anything at all...but there you are at your destination.  You termed that correctly ...Autopilot.

I'm not saying that  you are this or that, making things up or hallucinating or anything of the sort.  What I am saying is that regardless of what you think happened...if it doesn't fit through the filter of The Laws of Physics then you are creating in your own head a reality that doesn't actually exist.  Not unlike Carlos Castaneda's  A Separate Reality.  It is indeed a separate reality...but it is not reality.  Reality is defined by the Laws of Physics.  

Very interesting story though...I'll bet you had a blast in SA.

• Thanks 1

On 9/4/2021 at 11:50 PM, Raptor Witness said:

No spoof, I did not give up intoxicants to receive a gift from a Higher Power. There was no quid pro quo.

A dark force offered me false power, while I was intoxicated. It was a temptation of sorts. Then, an opposing force, intervened, by sending a living messenger of Truth, who I obeyed. My recognition of the messenger of Truth was the beginning of a long journey.

Giving up intoxicants is a form of what Jesus described as “perfecting power through our weakness.”  We submit to or obey the Truth; first, before we can become messengers of the same Truth.

What we can learn from dissociatives or intoxicants is limited or even false. What we can learn through showing our weakness, is unlimited.

This is a principle, taught by Jesus Christ, which makes no sense to those who ascribe to the lowly power of humanism. The greatest gift of power I ever received, was immediately following  my first true act of charity on this earth. So my weakness was rewarded.

The Spirit of Truth is above all, a teacher.

Ok I agree with this. It is how the mind works in practice 

One can see it in spiritual terms or simply in psychological terms.

The mind is very powerful.

Learn its functions and how to  operate and control it, and you are capable of things some people believe to be impossible 

Of course this is also true of physical prowess .

Use of chemicals, including alcohol, generally damages and lessens the ability of the human mind and body 

Humans are not basically weak, but often are weakened by their choices.  I found it fascinating that you saw giving/charity, as a weakness.

I was raised to see that as an act of strength and empowerment  Every time you give, you become stronger and more empowered, and thus capable of giving even more.  

Personally, the gift of connection to the cosmic consciousness (also known as the holy spirit or god ) does help a lot, but it is also  a product of a lifetime of hard work and discipline   The power works best in a mind and body trained to feel and use it.  

Ps Yes, this gift transforms and empowers, if  you  are open to it, and act on it.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1