Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
rashore

Are there psychics or seers in your family tree?

Recommended Posts

rashore
Quote

MYSTERY WIRE — Does psychic ability run in families? A scientific team spent years trying to find out if psychic traits are genetic and are passed down from one generation to the next.

“Every culture in the world has folklore, about families where people seem to be psychic,” said Dr. Dean Radin, one of the world’s premier investigators of psychic abilities and Chief Scientist at the Institute of Noetic Sciences(IONS). “So that would suggest that there is an element of the talent that is able to be inherited. That in turn suggests that there are genetics involved.”

https://www.mysterywire.com/mysteries/dean-radin-psychic-genealogy/

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
XenoFish
Quote

Dr. Radin is also a published author. His most recent book is titled “Real Magic.” He said the book shows that one of the reasons why these phenomena are considered strange, is because we come from a worldview where we don’t consider it real. He said humanity currently has “a materialistic worldview, which is really good, except when it comes to consciousness. So three or 400 years of materialism, 10s of 1000s of years of esoteric worldview, which is very different and where things like UFOs and magic, and all the rest of it is perfectly normal. So I wrote the book to point out that we’re using a relatively new way of viewing the world and there are other ways of viewing it as well.”

And now we know that it isn't demons or spirits but mental illness that affects people. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John from Lowell

It seems natural that if a child's parents, or other family member, has high sensitivity regarding the greater reality, that this would be of interest to them. Yet some seem to have this awareness without any exposure to it from others. That makes me think this it is not strictly genetic.

John

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrumanB

No. I was told by one astrologer that my dreaming ability is a gift from a previous life.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
Posted (edited)
On 7/24/2021 at 7:43 AM, XenoFish said:

And now we know that it isn't demons or spirits but mental illness that affects people. 

Using the his argument Dr Radin could defend slavery and spousal rape, it was once perfectly normal.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
On 7/24/2021 at 5:01 AM, rashore said:

My mothers, mother was known as a weibliche Seherin ( Female seerer ) where my mother grew up in Flensburg Germany. My mother didn't have this ability and neither do I. So, if this is genetic in has skipped to generations in my family, honestly I am a skeptic anyway! :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CuriousEye
14 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

My mothers, mother was known as a weibliche Seherin ( Female seerer ) where my mother grew up in Flensburg Germany. My mother didn't have this ability and neither do I. So, if this is genetic in has skipped to generations in my family, honestly I am a skeptic anyway! :yes:

Is that the reason why have you become a so-called skeptical, anyhow?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dream jo

yes

Mum was psychic

I am psychic

On my mum's side a lot of us acyclic Gifted part of the mediumship which we didn't know those but I've been got a suppose church the spiritualist church and watching other mediums and getting advice as taught me how to go on

My only problem is I don't know switch off I forget the switch off do I do

For some reason spirits have a habit of feed off at funerals they do do but I am not the only one it has happened to to because I spoke to other mediums and the same thing has happened to them too

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
Posted (edited)

Sorry all but the psychic readers in the past have always been to make money. Why aren't we all psychics?

 

Fortune-telling - Wikipedia

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dream jo
4 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Sorry all but the psychic readers in the past have always been to make money. Why aren't we all psychics?

not me

God give me a gift I'd rather share it and con people of money because it is wrong I remember it church on Sunday on the philosophy well got the same millions and put up the money and if you realise go to a spiritualist church eventually you will get picked out by a medium a few times the last 3-years enough for me I'll gift I am I should be on the bus time I should be on the Western doing the service on the Western I should be

But I knew years ago I would do that but all emotional abuse the mental emotional abuse I went through I will do that I want a lot of things differently not been emotional blackmail abuse and so on but I will never do it nobody

PayPal I'm not a people it's still excited and not money I've seen on Facebook the term paper and a message the other money off you Alison con artist5

Evelyn magazines is Conor artist you've got a pair then nz2 you can't get out of it it and you got a pair them every month till it is over and done with

At the Teller cards I've done friends and I have not asked for money because I felt like it as wrong to ask for on myself I have practiced tablet on myself and it's accurate and spot on but I don't want to charge paper because it's wrong

Maybe if I was on the safeland of a charge paper but not overcharge paper because it is wrong

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, dream jo said:

not me

God give me a gift I'd rather share it and con people of money because it is wrong I remember it church on Sunday on the philosophy well got the same millions and put up the money and if you realise go to a spiritualist church eventually you will get picked out by a medium a few times the last 3-years enough for me I'll gift I am I should be on the bus time I should be on the Western doing the service on the Western I should be

But I knew years ago I would do that but all emotional abuse the mental emotional abuse I went through I will do that I want a lot of things differently not been emotional blackmail abuse and so on but I will never do it nobody

PayPal I'm not a people it's still excited and not money I've seen on Facebook the term paper and a message the other money off you Alison con artist5

Evelyn magazines is Conor artist you've got a pair then nz2 you can't get out of it it and you got a pair them every month till it is over and done with

At the Teller cards I've done friends and I have not asked for money because I felt like it as wrong to ask for on myself I have practiced tablet on myself and it's accurate and spot on but I don't want to charge paper because it's wrong

Maybe if I was on the safeland of a charge paper but not overcharge paper because it is wrong

 

Sorry I just don't believe in the Forture tellings that our lives are all planned out :( not a free will. that of  a future telling 

Fortune-telling - Wikipedia

Edited by docyabut2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
CuriousEye
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Sorry all but the psychic readers in the past have always been to make money. Why aren't we all psychics?

 

Fortune-telling - Wikipedia

In first instance, that is an erroneous, clichéd overgeneralization.

 

And secondly, how do you know every psychic from the past? Have you all met them? Are you a psychic yourself to figure out so? 

You do also realize there has many people out there who spend their whole lives almost to never preferably telling people that they are capable to see and speak with the disembodied consciousnesses of people who are supposed to be dead or in comatose the same way they would see and speak with anybody, either casually or on-and-off? To get inside your head without even having to read your body language let alone to see or know you, and reckon with neat accuracy every single detail about what you are/were you/will be doing at the very instant as if they lived through your skin, or even tell you the exact moment you seemingly had but the faintest nervous spasm, twitch or body movement you knew deep inside down that was NOT made on your own volition..? That there has some people who could just immerse themselves into a place and tell you about a fewer morbid details than only historians or old people knew about that occured exactly there decades or centuries ago, or where exactly is hidden whatever Indian cemetery?

Not everyone wants to bring oneselves under the limelight, knowingly aware about both the widely spread social stigma and unwanted scrutiny that their anomalous abilities can draw upon their social and intimate lives. Bragging about seeing dead people, reading people's mind-thoughts and emotions and possessing both foresight and prescient aptitudes, is practically nowhere any different from bragging about being a men's right advocate or a schizophrene: society will automatically behold you as a sideshow freak and label you and your families as such for the remainder of your lives.

 

Heck, this forum is supposed to be somewhat of a safe space open about these discussions and even there, people has a hard time not feeling opressed and bullied by other people here, while evoking about their experiences dealing with the paranornal here. I've seen plenty of people here getting shutted off and cyberbullied for entire months by some nuts just because they want to share their stories on a platform meant to have people speaking about it, with no moderator to calm them down.

Edited by CuriousEye
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
12 minutes ago, CuriousEye said:

In first instance, that is an erroneous, clichéd overgeneralization.

 

And secondly, how do you know every psychic from the past? Have you all met them? Are you a psychic yourself to figure out so? 

You do also realize there has many people out there who spend their whole lives almost to never preferably telling people that they are capable to see and speak with the disembodied consciousnesses of people who are supposed to be dead or in comatose the same way they would see and speak with anybody, either casually or on-and-off? To get inside your head without even having to read your body language let alone to see or know you, and reckon with neat accuracy every single detail about what you are/were you/will be doing at the very instant as if they lived through your skin, or even tell you the exact moment you seemingly had but the faintest nervous spasm, twitch or body movement you knew deep inside down that was NOT made on your own volition..? That there has some people who could just immerse themselves into a place and tell you about a fewer morbid details than only historians or old people knew about that occured exactly there decades or centuries ago, or where exactly is hidden whatever Indian cemetery?

Not everyone wants to bring oneselves under the limelight, knowingly aware about both the widely spread social stigma and unwanted scrutiny that their anomalous abilities can draw upon their social and intimate lives. Bragging about seeing dead people, reading people's mind-thoughts and emotions and possessing both foresight and prescient aptitudes, is practically nowhere any different from bragging about being a men's right advocate or a schizophrene: society will automatically behold you as a sideshow freak and label you and your families as such for the remainder of your lives.

 

Heck, this forum is supposed to be somewhat of a safe space open about these discussions and even there, people has a hard time not feeling opressed and bullied by other people here, while evoking about their experiences dealing with the paranornal here. I've seen plenty of people here getting shutted off and cyberbullied for entire months by some nuts just because they want to share their stories on a platform meant to have people speaking about it, with no moderator to calm them down.

Hi Curious

Actually the mods are pretty good here. If you have been around for some time then you know that Docyabut is not a hard hearted or high handed individual so I think you criticism to her is undeserved. 
A lot of people come to this forum because it is balanced and offers a wide range of perspectives not to mention links to credible sources. Worthwhile arguments are made and this is what makes a discussion forum educational whether one participates or observes. Yes discussions get heated and both sides are guilty of some of the things that you have expressed concerns about and would suggest read it like a book and be objective about what both sides are saying.

I love guys like Walker and Papa, reality is resources are limited and directed into science revenue and the quick return dollar is where the most scientific activity is so developments in speculative science is slow news worthy wise, many of us are critical about information given by sources so yes some don’t cut mustard and well argued. That does not mean that if real evidence is given that it will be rejected. 
In another thread all I asked you for were some links so I could understand your perspective and you got defensive right off. If you would have given a link or two I could find much more on my own thank you for your demonstrative fair play.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CuriousEye
12 hours ago, closed for business said:

Hi Curious

Actually the mods are pretty good here. If you have been around for some time then you know that Docyabut is not a hard hearted or high handed individual so I think you criticism to her is undeserved. 
A lot of people come to this forum because it is balanced and offers a wide range of perspectives not to mention links to credible sources. Worthwhile arguments are made and this is what makes a discussion forum educational whether one participates or observes. Yes discussions get heated and both sides are guilty of some of the things that you have expressed concerns about and would suggest read it like a book and be objective about what both sides are saying.

I love guys like Walker and Papa, reality is resources are limited and directed into science revenue and the quick return dollar is where the most scientific activity is so developments in speculative science is slow news worthy wise, many of us are critical about information given by sources so yes some don’t cut mustard and well argued. That does not mean that if real evidence is given that it will be rejected. 
In another thread all I asked you for were some links so I could understand your perspective and you got defensive right off. If you would have given a link or two I could find much more on my own thank you for your demonstrative fair play.

I refered you to read them all. You cannot resume scientific research about a periodical region and civikization into one compiled list of sources: you have to read, cross-search, refute and learn.

I am not here to be responsible of your tutoring, once again.

 

And in the last news, I see no moderating against cyberbullying.

Thank you for your demonstrative lack of coherence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CuriousEye said:

I refered you to read them all. You cannot resume scientific research about a periodical region and civikization into one compiled list of sources: you have to read, cross-search, refute and learn.

I am not here to be responsible of your tutoring, once again.

 

And in the last news, I see no moderating against cyberbullying.

Thank you for your demonstrative lack of coherence.

Hi Curious

You made some comments that were vague and I asked for clarification and gave a link about the Kiffians to which you made absolutely no response so Where exactly should I be looking, as I never claim to know it all. It is a discussion forum and I am asking you to discuss what you inferred.

Yes the mods do involve themselves in monitoring what goes on here and have had some of my posts deleted and they have come into threads to give warnings so not sure what you are on about. You speak down to people and refuse to participate in developing good relations in a discussion so how are you different that the cyberbullies you are crying about?

Edited by closed for business
spulling
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly

I just had a vision . . of the end of this thread.    :P        as our mom used to say .  . " I just know it " .    .and she did.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
3 hours ago, lightly said:

I just had a vision . . of the end of this thread.    :P        as our mom used to say .  . " I just know it " .    .and she did.

Yes, my psychotic abilities--which run in the family--divine the same thing.:devil:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker

To me  being psychic is just a normal part of human abilities 

Its like being able to see or hear or walk or talk 

It is part of most peoples lives but for most its a very very minor part. eg the occasional hunch, intuition Deja vu, premonition etc. 

For others its more significant, and for some its enough to get them noticed by others who will then seek their help

On this specific question I think its like many things Its part nature (genetics)and part nurture (how you are raised ) 

So a person may have a natural talent for music but if this is never encouraged it may lie dormant.

Same for psychic abilities 

If the y are scoffed at  by parents they will be put aside if accepted or even encouraged the y may be nourished.

Ive had minor but real psychic abilities most of my life   

The y are useful to me and I use them to help others

I was 40 or 50 before i revealed this to my parents who then told me the y already knew, and talked to me about my mothers life which was filled with demonstrable psychic abilities The y were ore powerful but more limited in range than my own  Eg she often just "knew things" I have that ability but also others, including the abilty to find lost objects  project my consciousness and be fully conscious and in control, while dreaming  

As a child the y did not encourage my abilities, but the y never mocked or ridiculed such things, either.  

They just recognised that  "normal" human potentials went much further than many people experienced.

As in all things, they encouraged me to discover, explore, and push the limits of, my potentials. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.