Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Uri Geller claims that he saw aliens at NASA

Yeah and you also threw a b**** fit over Kadabra in the 1990s

Edited by Autochthon1990
  • Haha 8

"I can't tell you what I saw there. But use your imagination. What could they have been refrigerating?"

Hmmm, then I imagine that it was a hot day and that there was ice cream in the refrigerator :-) .

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1636644894_beachfrontkansas.png.f9b52c17ad58e45c4b92051c7f79e18c.png

• Haha 1

An impeccable source; what's not to believe?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Papameter Reading

80% Uri saw aliens      10% Hoax     10% Saw something else

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Like they are going to show that fraud anything important or classified, or even have him around for that matter - cool story bro, keep desperately trying to stay relevant in a world where nobody knows who you are anymore.

It's cute how he says he can't reveal what was in the fridge, but can talk all about crashed UFO materials and whatnot. So legit.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Papameter Reading

80% Uri saw aliens      10% Hoax     10% Saw something else

He could sell you the Brooklyn bridge.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

And he can perform telekenisis in front of sophisticated observers and you wouldn't believe.

Edgar Mitchell was a believer in Uri's abilities. From the article:

"He said he heard about my powers and told me that if he took his wedding ring off his finger and put it in the palm of his hand and I'd be able to bend it while it's there, he'd believe me," Geller told The Jerusalem Post.

"And I did - completely."

I know you can call it a lie BUT: Would you buy in if that happened to you?

Edited by papageorge1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

It's amazing how he just keeps showing that is true time and time again.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

And he can perform telekenisis in front of sophisticated observers and you wouldn't believe.

So can David Blaine.

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Edgar Mitchell was a believer in Uri's abilities. From the article:

"He said he heard about my powers and told me that if he took his wedding ring off his finger and put it in the palm of his hand and I'd be able to bend it while it's there, he'd believe me," Geller told The Jerusalem Post.

"And I did - completely."

Right, so all Edgar Mitchell would have to do is say Uri Geller is selling the Brooklyn bridge and you'd believe it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, moonman said:

It's amazing how he just keeps showing that is true time and time again.

Uri Geller is an illusionist turned charlatan.  He now pretends he has powers that he's been faking for entertainment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Rlyeh said:

So can David Blaine.

"Uri bent a spoon for me, the first time he did it, I thought there must be a trick. The second time I was stunned, completely, completely stunned and amazed. It just bent in my hand. I've never seen anything like it. It takes a lot to impress me. Uri Geller is for real and anyone who doesn't recognise that is either deluding himself, or is a very sad person."
David Blain, (American Magician. Star of ABC's Television Specials.)

7 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Right, so all Edgar Mitchell would have to do is say Uri Geller is selling the Brooklyn bridge and you'd believe it?

It takes more than one individual's experience before I am impressed strongly.

I would have my skeptical questions about that bridge deal too.

The scariest thing about this is Uri working at NASA in any capacity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

"Uri bent a spoon for me, the first time he did it, I thought there must be a trick. The second time I was stunned, completely, completely stunned and amazed. It just bent in my hand. I've never seen anything like it. It takes a lot to impress me. Uri Geller is for real and anyone who doesn't recognise that is either deluding himself, or is a very sad person."
David Blain, (American Magician. Star of ABC's Television Specials.)

And yet he couldn't do it for James Randi.

48 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

It takes more than one individual's experience before I am impressed strongly.

I would have my skeptical questions about that bridge deal too.

So why are you parroting anecdotes?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

And yet he couldn't do it for James Randi.

I don’t know that Uri ever tried.

My leading theory is that Randi knew Geller had real mysterious abilities and that is why he hated him so much and avoided a showdown.

18 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

So why are you parroting anecdotes?

Because considering a body of anecdotes from all sides is one way to advance our understanding of reality.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I don’t know that Uri ever tried.

My leading theory is that Randi knew Geller had real mysterious abilities and that is why he hated him so much and avoided a showdown.

When in reality Randi knew Geller was an illusionist and employed ways to counter his tricks, but hey what ever keeps your confirmation bias alive.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Because considering a body of anecdotes from all sides is one way to advance our understanding of reality.

Yet only quotes anecdotes that defends a trickster.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

When in reality Randi knew Geller was an illusionist and employed ways to counter his tricks, but hey what ever keeps your confirmation bias alive.

It is up to each to judge honest appraisal of a whole case versus confirmation bias.

5 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Yet only quotes anecdotes that defends a trickster.

Quotes are chosen to best address the point in hand, like is always done.

He was probably brought in for back up.  If modern weapons failed, he could bend a spoon around their arms and restrain them.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

He was probably brought in for back up.  If modern weapons failed, he could bend a spoon around their arms and restrain them.

I saw a documentary about someone who really could do that!  I think his name was... Ludvik? Derek? Eric!  Eric Someone.  And his stage name was "Eric the Last Spoonbender".  Or something snappier like Metalo, AlloyMan or The Great Bender.

Is Geller an illusionist, an entertainer, or an unscrupulous, shameless fraud?  We can rule out the second option: pretending to bend spoons doesn't entertain me.  So which of the other two?  To be honest it doesn't affect me, so I'll keep to myself my opinions of this unscrupulous, shameless fraud.  Suffice it to say he does not have special abilities like telekinesis, telepathy, telemetalbenderitis or any other relevant super power.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1