Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Egyptian Acoustics and Sound Healing, presented by John Reid FULL LECTURE

Please don't. There's no such thing as "sound healing."

Harte

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Thats one of the most stupid videos I`ve ever clicked on and I recommend to ignore it at full scale.

Just to give you a little insight, here a screenshot from the video:

4EhC9Xw.png?1

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, WVK said:

John Stuart Reid is an English acoustics engineer with 40 years experience. Between1996 and 1997 he carried out a series of acoustics experiments in the Great Pyramid, including a hugely successful cymatics experiment in which ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs formed on a membrane stretched over the sarcophagus and sprinkled with sand. It was this cymatics experiment that led him to birth the CymaScope, the world's first instrument that allows sound to be made visible. He also underwent a major healing of his lower back during the 1997 experiment that led him on a journey of discovery into the science underpinning sound healing. http://www.cymascope.com

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, closed for business said:

Hi WVK

and the point is what?

The idea that the air shafts were symbolic Fallopian tubes is one I haven’t heard before.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, WVK said:

The idea that the air shafts were symbolic Fallopian tubes is one I haven’t heard before.

Hi WVK

Okay thanks it’s just many of us don’t watch a video if the OP doesn’t give a breakdown and point of view for discussion 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, WVK said:

He also underwent a major healing of his lower back

I`m sorry but as a non native Englisch speaker I have ask, is "lower back" a paraphrase for butt?

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, toast said:

Thats one of the most stupid videos I`ve ever clicked on and I recommend to ignore it at full scale.

4EhC9Xw.png?1

Hell, I wasn’t going to click before…. Seems like I can’t miss this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, toast said:

I`m sorry but as a non native Englisch speaker I have ask, is "lower back" a paraphrase for butt?

It's probably the sacrum.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WVK said:

I have a feeling I know what the symbolic meaning of the obeliscs is.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Abramelin said:

I have a feeling I know what the symbolic meaning of the obeliscs is.

Nipples? 

• Haha 6

Not really.

I was thinking of a part of the male anatomy.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, toast said:

4EhC9Xw.png?1

Stunning. Doesn't get any better than that. I am sure this gave several here a woogasm just at the sight of it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Thanos5150 said:

Stunning. Doesn't get any better than that. I am sure this gave several here a woogasm just at the sight of it. 

Yeah, and in addition, the speaker connected that image to the Orion nebula. Holy #@it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, toast said:

Yeah, and in addition, the speaker connected that image to the Orion nebula. Holy #@it!

Of course. Makes perfect sense.  

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 1:59 PM, WVK said:

John Stuart Reid is an English acoustics engineer with 40 years experience. Between1996 and 1997 he carried out a series of acoustics experiments in the Great Pyramid, including a hugely successful cymatics experiment in which ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs formed on a membrane stretched over the sarcophagus and sprinkled with sand. 

I'm going to wander out on a limb and say that the guy has no idea about hieroglyphs.  

That said, sonic healing is indeed a viable medical treatment for some conditions... but not the way he's doing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2021 at 2:59 AM, WVK said:

It was this cymatics experiment that led him to birth the CymaScope, the world's first instrument that allows sound to be made visible.

ahh sorry to say.. it wasnt the worlds first instrument that allows sound to be made visible.. 

Oscilloscopes have been doing that for far longer than 1997 .. then you can go back to the very early 1900's.. the Rubens Tube.. 

what he did is created a Different way to see sound.. 

• Like 3

On 7/25/2021 at 11:59 AM, WVK said:

John Stuart Reid is an English acoustics engineer with 40 years experience. Between1996 and 1997 he carried out a series of acoustics experiments in the Great Pyramid, including a hugely successful cymatics experiment in which ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs formed on a membrane stretched over the sarcophagus and sprinkled with sand. It was this cymatics experiment that led him to birth the CymaScope, the world's first instrument that allows sound to be made visible. He also underwent a major healing of his lower back during the 1997 experiment that led him on a journey of discovery into the science underpinning sound healing. http://www.cymascope.com

That ticks a /lot/ of pseudo-history boxes — irrelevant experience, questionable CV, hyperbolic, clearly false contributions to academia, miracle cures, fake technology, technobabble. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

ahh sorry to say.. it wasnt the worlds first instrument that allows sound to be made visible.. 

Oscilloscopes have been doing that for far longer than 1997 .. then you can go back to the very early 1900's.. the Rubens Tube.. 

what he did is created a Different way to see sound.. 

Lithotripsy (curing kidney stones with sound) is also not new https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/treatment-tests-and-therapies/lithotripsy

And there's ultrasound, too: https://brighamhealthhub.org/using-sound-waves-to-treat-a-wide-spectrum-of-diseases/

However, in this kind of thing there's a way to focus and replicate an exact frequency.  The Egyptians had no such methods and had no theory about sound (other than reciting spells and even then it was freeform, so the frequency bit wouldn't have worked (different voice tones, different accents, etc, etc.)

• Thanks 4

On 7/27/2021 at 3:33 AM, Abramelin said:

Not really.

I was thinking of a part of the male anatomy.

Like the nose?

• Haha 4

On 7/25/2021 at 2:07 PM, toast said:

Just on a more personal note, from Denmark now living in the US for 20 years, I would say no. At least not professionally. I had major back surgery in 2016 (with the disclaimer I had to sign that it could kill me), and after that I had to get a lot of massage to my lower back to get muscles back in shape - and it certainly was not my butt they were busy manhandling. 

• Thanks 2

• The topic was locked