Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

LA man who mocked Covid-19 vaccines dies of virus

Still Waters

A California man who mocked Covid-19 vaccines on social media has died after a month-long battle with the virus.

Stephen Harmon, a member of the Hillsong megachurch, had been a vocal opponent of vaccines, making a series of jokes about not having the vaccine.

"Got 99 problems but a vax ain't one," the 34-year-old tweeted to his 7,000 followers in June.

He was treated for pneumonia and Covid-19 in a hospital outside Los Angeles, where he died on Wednesday.

In the days leading up to his death, Mr Harmon documented his fight to stay alive, posting pictures of himself in his hospital bed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57958358

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/coronavirus/california-man-who-mocked-covid-19-vaccine-dies-of-virus/2741690/

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

Seems the virus has solved his 99 problems.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Sad. What a waste of life. :hmm:

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 3

" Despite his struggle with the virus, Mr Harmon still said he would reject being jabbed, saying his religious faith would protect him. "

Failed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, toast said:

" Despite his struggle with the virus, Mr Harmon still said he would reject being jabbed, saying his religious faith would protect him. "

Failed.

Maybe he was just that irresistible his God wanted him sooner... :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

classy-very-classy-indeed.jpg

• Thanks 1

Keep watching do you really think that vaccine is going to save you? How many times has Covid mutated? Each mutation is more resistant than the one before it. The vaccine is going to cause it to skip a beat nothing more and push it along to the next stage where it changes to beat the vaccine. A vaccine is a great idea but it takes years to develop one that can attack all levels of Covid before it mutates.

Delta “Destruction”

Source

The Delta Variant produces a 1,200 X greater viral load ….

Raptor Witness     2,818

Raptor Witness

….. Trump is a white poison, which lingers for a lifetime. Everything he touches will crumble and be cursed, including the nation he leads.

Down to the pit, ye Angel of the Abyss. Back to your dark lair in the mountains, and take your alien spirit hybrids with you. The Yeti’s have more class, but if it’s snow you need to travel, here’s an unprecedented pile of it.

Like a mummy, Mother, with darkness to remember. Behold, a Destruction is dispatched for a generation. 

What kind of “destructive” power lingers for a lifetime or lasts for a generation, and can remove a sitting President?

At the time of this announcement, the election was still about a year away, with a good chance that Trump would be re-elected. But something is about to happen, something not on anyone’s radar in the West. Something that remembers…..

Edited by Raptor Witness

Not the first time we have heard an idiot like this remove themselves from the gene pool.

I doubt he will be the last.

What a legacy huh. Proven wrong with your life. What a fool. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Freez1 said:

Keep watching do you really think that vaccine is going to save you? How many times has Covid mutated? Each mutation is more resistant than the one before it. The vaccine is going to cause it to skip a beat nothing more and push it along to the next stage where it changes to beat the vaccine. A vaccine is a great idea but it takes years to develop one that can attack all levels of Covid before it mutates.

I would guess ,and hope, 'they' are still working on one like that ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Freez1 said:

A vaccine is a great idea but it takes years to develop one that can attack all levels of Covid before it mutates.

As per current knowledge its unlikely that there will ever be a one-fits-all C19 vaccine but you are a little wrong about the development time of C19 vaccines. A look back:

• December 2019: the virus was detected and spreading in China
  • January 2020: the German biotechnology company BionTech started research for a C19 vaccine
  • March 2020: BionTech developed 20 different C19 vaccines
  • April 2020: first patient received BionTech C19 vaccine in a phase 1 study
  • July 2020: after positive results by phase 1 and phase 2 study, phase 3 was initiated, involving 44k individuals
  • October 2020: approval process started
  • October 2020: production started in various countries
  • December 2020: vaccine emergency approval was granted in the UK, in the USA, Canada an a number of other countries as well

In a nutshell, it took 12 month from in-vitro to in-vivo. Thats the magic of modern biotechology.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Setton said:

Maybe he was just that irresistible his God wanted him sooner... :rolleyes:

I hope God is fully vaccinated for Mr. Harmon's  homecoming.?   :o

• Haha 1

On 7/25/2021 at 10:46 AM, toast said:

Failed.

"Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God."

- Matthew 4:7 and Luke 4:12

• Like 4

On 7/26/2021 at 5:27 AM, toast said:

As per current knowledge its unlikely that there will ever be a one-fits-all C19 vaccine but you are a little wrong about the development time of C19 vaccines. A look back:

• January 2020: the German biotechnology company BionTech started research for a C19 vaccine
  • July 2020: after positive results by phase 1 and phase 2 study, phase 3 was initiated, involving 44k individuals
  • December 2020: vaccine emergency approval was granted in the UK, in the USA, Canada an a number of other countries as well

In a nutshell, it took 12 month from in-vitro to in-vivo. Thats the magic of modern biotechology.

lol more the magic of exploiting loopholes and greasing palms. Phase 3 of this trial is still ongoing, btw. Also, please post positive phase 1 and 2 studies as last I read, the animal study sample size was small and the results were...not very encouraging.

On 7/26/2021 at 8:27 AM, toast said:

Yeah, Covid vaccines will be modified, yearly, for greater efficacy against new strains, just as flu vaccines are. Covid is with us, forever. Forget masks, sheltering in place and social distancing, the three sisters mantra of Covid culture, get vaccinated and get the shot yearly to maintain immunity.

43 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yeah, Covid vaccines will be modified, yearly, for greater efficacy against new strains, just as flu vaccines are. Covid is with us, forever. Forget masks, sheltering in place and social distancing, the three sisters mantra of Covid culture, get vaccinated and get the shot yearly to maintain immunity.

No current C19 vaccine provide a 100% immunity. Thus, precautionary measures like wearings masks is to the benefit of the individual and to the community.

sounds like something liberal media would push,  whether he actually died of covid or of unrelated medical mistake is unknown, i sure wont take liberal media word for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

Phase 3 of this trial is still ongoing, btw.

Currently this one and at least 98 others for various sponsors.

Also, please post positive phase 1 and 2 studies as last I read ...

Maybe you dont know yet but a phase 3 clinical trial get approved only if the second were promising and a phase 2 clinical trial only when the first was promising so what do you want me to post and why excatly?

... the animal study sample size was small and the results were...not very encouraging.

I have no idea what that should mean.

1 hour ago, toast said:

Currently this one and at least 98 others for various sponsors.

Maybe you dont know yet but a phase 3 clinical trial get approved only if the second were promising and a phase 2 clinical trial only when the first was promising so what do you want me to post and why excatly?

I have no idea what that should mean.

I want to read the phase 1 and 2 trial data. Methodology, sample sizes, all that good stuff. You don't have to post it, I'm sure I can Google it later

7 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I want to read the phase 1 and 2 trial data. Methodology, sample sizes, all that good stuff. You don't have to post it, I'm sure I can Google it later

Go ahead

2 hours ago, toast said:

No current C19 vaccine provide a 100% immunity. Thus, precautionary measures like wearings masks is to the benefit of the individual and to the community.

Masks don't work. The most masked States here have the most fatalities. Most disease transmission are in close proximity groups, crowded together for extended periods of time,  family groups in particular. Masked won't stop viruses, especially the cheap designer versions. You want to benefit the community? Get vaccinated.

Edited by Hammerclaw

9 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Masks don't work.

Corresponding studies prove the opposite. Common sense as well.

The most masked States here have the most fatalities.

Prove it. Does not apply for Germany, for example

Most disease transmission are in close proximity groups, crowded together for extended periods of time,  family groups in particular.

Thats correct.

Masked won't stop viruses,

Masks dont provide 100% protection but they are an effective aid.

... especially the cheap designer versions.

Thats correct and thats why I wear FFP2 + FFP3 only. And BTW, such "designer masks" are not allowed in my country at places/locations where masks are mandatory.

You want to benefit the community? Get vaccinated.

Done already, 2x BNT162b2 and I still wear a mask and I will continue to do so for an indefinite period of time in future.

38 minutes ago, toast said:

Corresponding studies prove the opposite. Common sense as well.

Prove it. Does not apply for Germany, for example

Thats correct.

Masks dont provide 100% protection but they are an effective aid.

Thats correct and thats why I wear FFP2 + FFP3 only. And BTW, such "designer masks" are not allowed in my country at places/locations where masks are mandatory.

Done already, 2x BNT162b2 and I still wear a mask and I will continue to do so for an indefinite period of time in future.

I won't. I'm fully vaccinated and I trust the vaccine, well, as far as any vaccine can be trusted. I am a retired widower of sorts, keep to myself and go shopping a few times a month. I was "sheltering in place", long before 12/2019. We lose close to a hundred thousand a year to flu, mostly people who didn't bother to get their booster shot. It's sad when people don't exercise common sense and minimize their chances to get infected. I don't see why, if the State feels it has a right to impose restrictions on the healthy, it doesn't exercise an equal right to impose vaccination on the unvaccinated.