Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Harvard-led team to search for alien space tech

Idiots.

If only they'd have come here 1st and learned that it CANNOT be alien.

There are only:

Clouds

A flock of birds

Jupiter

Lights shining off a lens

Lights from a car

A mass hysteria

The viewer is likely on drugs

Come on Harvard. Try getting intelligent people involved instead.

13 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Idiots.

If only they'd have come here 1st and learned that it CANNOT be alien.

There are only:

Clouds

A flock of birds

Jupiter

Lights shining off a lens

Lights from a car

A mass hysteria

The viewer is likely on drugs

Come on Harvard. Try getting intelligent people involved instead.

Do you know the difference between a space based system searching for bio signatures in space and a story some kook tells about being raped by an alien right?

Or no going by your response.......

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Holy crap mate, is that really you?!?!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, badeskov said:

Holy crap mate, is that really you?!?!

From the murky depths....

Hey mate how you going :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Do you know the difference between a space based system searching for bio signatures in space and a story some kook tells about being raped by an alien right?

Or no going by your response.......

Yeah I do. Thanks.

But, now it's Harvard and scientists, it must be real. 

Real:

Clouds 

Birds

Jupiter....

49 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Yeah I do. Thanks.

Real:

Clouds 

Birds

Jupiter....

They are looking at space. 

Its key goal will be to look for alien technosignatures - evidence of extraterrestrial technology in space that might show up in astronomical observations and survey data recorded by telescopes.

Such technosignatures could be from orbital platforms around a planet, space probes, ships or even larger 'megastructures' 

Jupiter is a bit close. Not many birds in space as far as I know.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

They are looking at space. 

Its key goal will be to look for alien technosignatures - evidence of extraterrestrial technology in space that might show up in astronomical observations and survey data recorded by telescopes.

Such technosignatures could be from orbital platforms around a planet, space probes, ships or even larger 'megastructures' 

Jupiter is a bit close. Not many birds in space as far as I know.

The truth doesn't matter, the mantra is no such thing as aliens.

Just, space clouds, birds, Jupiter, mass hysteria, drug induced misidentification.

16 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

Have they tried searching for signs of morse  code? <drops mic>

I have never heard of any scientific group searching for Morse Code. Realistically if any form of alien language based transmission were ever discovered I believe it would be in a form of Binary Code. With that said unless you were looking for a transmitted Binary Code, with the distortion based upon the distances the signal traveled you may completely misinterpret what you hearing. 

Here is a sample of what Binary Code would sound like, keep in mind this is only a single example. 

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Just, space clouds, birds, Jupiter, mass hysteria, drug induced misidentification.

It has often appeared to me by your posts that your experienced with drug induced misidentification, now it makes perfect sense!:no:

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Right...

Who says aliens definitely do not exist? I call BS. 

17 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

You're talking about earthbound UFOs. Not atmospheric analysis.

No. I really don't think atmospheric anomalies would be explained as birds drugs or planets. You're just making crap up. You sound like you have told a hard to believe story and have not been believed. Case of sour grapes there is there?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Yeah I do. Thanks.

Real:

Clouds 

Birds

Jupiter....

Compared with stupid UFO heads, Harvard scientists know very well what they are talking about.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

You sound bitter about something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

Have they tried searching for signs of morse  code? <drops mic>

Here is a very interesting paper on the difficulty and possible methods that could be used for Extraterrestrial communication.

Problems in Extraterrestrial Communication 

https://d1wqtxts1xzle7.cloudfront.net/49400931/Problems_in_Extraterrestrial_Communicati20161006-2250-k2403w.pdf?1475761358=&response-content-disposition=inline%3B+filename%3DProblems

1 hour ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Thats not the mantra at all. I believe the chance is high that theres life out there, they just haven't come here yet. If an alien civilization is so advanced, more than capable of wiping us out why dont they just land and show themselves? Why do we only see crappy videos instead of clear videos given our tech?

• Like 5

Thinking about this, it's very closely linked to the Fermi Paradox (as in, where's all the aliens).

My solution (the Fox Conjecture) is that there's big red flags on all of their star charts saying "Keep Away/Cloaked - Not Ready/Potentially Dangerous", and an alien technology "beacon" somewhere in the Solar system broadcasting the same warning.

The clever bit is the beacon will be broadcasting in a manner we can't yet detect, as our technology is not sufficiently advanced, and at communication speeds faster than the speed of light.

The moment we can detect it, potentially some decades in the future, we'll know the full details of how they communicate, start listening in, and will suddenly find they're all around us and have been for a long time.

We'll then track down, visit their "beacon" and retrieve the alien technology for study, inadvertently turning it off at the same time, and instantly alerting them all that we have met the criteria for contact.

Simple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

46488025_2240860839277724_1220257632506347520_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Mike Fox said:

Thinking about this, it's very closely linked to the Fermi Paradox (as in, where's all the aliens).

My solution (the Fox Conjecture) is that there's big red flags on all of their star charts saying "Keep Away/Cloaked - Not Ready/Potentially Dangerous", and an alien technology "beacon" somewhere in the Solar system broadcasting the same warning.

The clever bit is the beacon will be broadcasting in a manner we can't yet detect, as our technology is not sufficiently advanced, and at communication speeds faster than the speed of light.

The moment we can detect it, potentially some decades in the future, we'll know the full details of how they communicate, start listening in, and will suddenly find they're all around us and have been for a long time.

We'll then track down, visit their "beacon" and retrieve the alien technology for study, inadvertently turning it off at the same time, and instantly alerting them all that we have met the criteria for contact.

Simple.

I agree with you except for one thing. Knowing how they communicate will get us no closer to being able to communicate with them. You see we would have no point of reference if we ever intercepted an Extraterrestrial transmission, with that said we could never decipher the transmissions meaning. In order to communicate with an Extraterrestrial Species it would require face to face contact, so that a baseline reference of communication could be established, there is no other way communication would ever be possible. :yes:

Take care. 

• Like 2

The only alien I’m aware of is “The (Abrahamic) LORD god of Israel” AKA, The King of BBQ, See Leviticus 1.  He/IT fits the bill perfectly.  

A nasty thing IMO. 

• Haha 1