Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did the Romans invent Jesus?

zep73

Could Christianity have been invented by the Romans?

Could Jesus be a masked version of Titus Caesar Vespasianius?

The parallels between Titus and Jesus are astonishing, as this documentary will show.
Titus, and his father Vespasian, had the Jewish historian Josephus at their service, to create the gospels, so they would synchronize with Jewish scriptures, aka the old testament. Jesus and Titus were 40 years apart, but it was a common trick, at that time, to invent stories taking place decades earlier, so you could claim prophecy fulfillment.

Those who really need to see this documentary, the true believers, will probably avoid it at all costs. That is a shame. If you are a true believer, I urge you to see it! (at least to test your faith ;-)

Duration: 1 h 23 min 10 sec

Notes:
I have not fact checked anything in this documentary!
If you can disprove any claims made in it, please do so, so we can have an informed debate!

If this 2018 documentary has been posted and debated earlier, I apologize for repeating it. My initial searches did not show it.

Edited by zep73
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, zep73 said:

Could Christianity have been invented by the Romans?

Could Jesus be a masked version of Titus Caesar Vespasianius?

The parallels between Titus and Jesus are astonishing, as this documentary will show.
Titus, and his father Vespasian, had the Jewish historian Josephus at their service, to create the gospels, so they would synchronize with Jewish scriptures, aka the old testament. Jesus and Titus were 40 years apart, but it was a common trick, at that time, to invent stories taking place decades earlier, so you could claim prophecy fulfillment.

Those who really need to see this documentary, the true believers, will probably avoid it at all costs. That is a shame. If you are a true believer, I urge you to see it! (at least to test your faith ;-)

Duration: 1 h 23 min 10 sec

Notes:
I have not fact checked anything in this documentary!
If you can disprove any claims made in it, please do so, so we can have an informed debate!

If this 2018 documentary has been posted and debated earlier, I apologize for repeating it. My initial searches did not show it.

Do you believe that Jesus was a real man who lived besides being the son of God? If I had some side proof of Jesus, what would you think? This would go under the domain for evidence as apologetics I would assume. Are you searching for proof of God and is that what you need? Faith is not by your standards the way to go about in believing in God, am I right?

This is the side evidence I have for proof of Jesus. Archaeologists have found a 2000 year old ring which contains the name Pontius Pilate who ordered the killing of Jesus. It was mentioned in the New York Times article. This is very powerful evidence as the story goes Pontius Pilate sentenced Jesus to be crucified in the Bible. There are coins which bear Pontius Pilate name as-well.

Quote Pontius Pilate’s Name Is Found on 2,000-Year-Old Ring [www.nytimes.com]
The information within this book, "Omega Lambda Effect: Voice of God from the Exoplanets" depicts the end of the universe from a message contained in the Rhythmic Exoplanet system. We have discussed God’s omnipresence and found some evidence outside of the Bible connected to Jesus. To me God is very real and Jesus left us with a message he said not to Love this World. Also in the Bible it states a New Heaven and Earth. It seems to me that this is all passing away. To you I would find comfort in the Lord now for that is all that seems real.

Ring.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, zep73 said:

For a different perspective on Atwill's theory, you might want to look at Richard Carrier's critique

https://www.richardcarrier.info/archives/4664

or Robert M. Price's

http://www.robertmprice.mindvendor.com/rev_atwill.htm

Both are well-known, highly educated Jesus skeptics. I don't know Dr Price's personal religious views apart from that, but Dr Carrier is a public advocate of atheism. These are not "true believers'" criticisms.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Tom O'Neil said:

Archaeologists have found a 2000 year old ring which contains the name Pontius Pilate

Pilate's existence is not questioned at all. Only Jesus.

3 minutes ago, eight bits said:

For a different perspective on Atwill's theory, you might want to look at Richard Carrier's critique

https://www.richardcarrier.info/archives/4664

or Robert M. Price's

http://www.robertmprice.mindvendor.com/rev_atwill.htm

Both are well-known, highly educated Jesus skeptics. I don't know Dr Price's personal religious views apart from that, but Dr Carrier is a public advocate of atheism. These are not "true believers'" criticisms.

Thank you!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, eight bits said:

Atwill's theory

I forgot to ask. Do you know Atwill is in this documentary, or do you assume it? I did not catch any names while watching it (I focused on the claims).

25 minutes ago, zep73 said:

I forgot to ask. Do you know Atwill is in this documentary, or do you assume it? I did not catch any names while watching it (I focused on the claims).

Yes, that's him from the opening shots.

From the website of the documentary:

MEDIUM SYNOPSIS:

Seven of today’s most controversial Bible scholars reveal their shocking conclusions about the origins of Christianity. Based on the best-­‐selling religious studies book by Joseph Atwill, this documentary shows that Jesus is not a historical figure,

https://caesarsmessiahdoc.com/about-the-film/

Edited by eight bits
What I saw wasn't what I got.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Well that's a difficult one to debate. Jesus in reality was a shape-shifting lizard who was able to manipulate interdimensional portals. Hence, his ability to perform "miracles" and rise from the dead. His resurrection was him simply being recalled to the mothership. The Romans and subsequently the church have been tasked to suppress all knowledge of extraterrestrial visitation.

Man that feels weird to even type all that. It  amazes me there are people who actually think like that.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Trelane said:

Well that's a difficult one to debate. Jesus in reality was a shape-shifting lizard who was able to manipulate interdimensional portals. Hence, his ability to perform "miracles" and rise from the dead. His resurrection was him simply being recalled to the mothership. The Romans and subsequently the church have been tasked to suppress all knowledge of extraterrestrial visitation.

I have a bit of a problem with the shape-shifting lizard part. The molecular restructuring alone would have him burst into flames. Unless of course it happened in an oxygen free environment.
Do you have proof that it happened in an oxygen free environment?

I didn't think so.... B)

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, zep73 said:

I have a bit of a problem with the shape-shifting lizard part. The molecular restructuring alone would have him burst into flames. Unless of course it happened in an oxygen free environment.

I didn't think so.... B)

The physiology of the Jesus-creature's species is still millions of years more advanced than ours due to evolution and genetic enhancements.

Do you have proof that it didn't occur? I didn't think soB)

For those reading this, please understand that I'm only joking.

Edited by Trelane
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Trelane said:

How dare you?  Using my reverse logic I'm in contention with reptilians here at this site and other fallen alien races.  Some of you here hate Jesus, because your fallen demons turned into one of the stinking fallen alien races and your at war with the light.  Yes you will have your darkness Gate Keepers woe to you its coming faster than light speed.  Jesus is returning and we are just going to switch you all off who are interdependent on Ai lol like drugs(to late I have hacked it, your not safe you must flee this planet and go to your lowly hide outs).  Yours brains are going to melt into a 5g cesspool.  I may have empathy but the ghost is a little different to the Unforgiven no turning the cheek there.  Just a complete 180°

GoodKnight 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Trelane said:

The physiology of the Jesus-creature's species is still millions of years more advanced than ours due to evolution and genetic enhancements.

Do you have proof that it didn't occur? I didn't think soB)

For those reading this, please understand that I'm only joking.

So you are claiming that the Jesus-lizard was covered in some sort of oxygen isolating gel? If so, what was its molecular structure?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zep73 said:

So you are claiming that the Jesus-lizard was covered in some sort of oxygen isolating gel? If so, what was its molecular structure?

I have no idea. I'm not a scientist. Only a believer. Besides how would I know what he had on him 2000 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom O'Neil said:

How dare you?  Using my reverse logic I'm in contention with reptilians here at this site and other fallen alien races.  Some of you here hate Jesus, because your fallen demons turned into one of the stinking fallen alien races and your at war with the light.  Yes you will have your darkness Gate Keepers woe to you its coming faster than light speed.  Jesus is returning and we are just going to switch you all off who are interdependent on Ai lol like drugs(to late I have hacked it, your not safe you must flee this planet and go to your lowly hide outs).  Yours brains are going to melt into a 5g cesspool.  I may have empathy but the ghost is a little different to the Unforgiven no turning the cheek there.  Just a complete 180°

GoodKnight 

You are not in contention with the reptilians. They are here to save humanity. I do not hate Jesus. Jesus is good people , even if he was a shape-shifting lizard.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I have no idea. I'm not a scientist. Only a believer. Besides how would I know what he had on him 2000 years ago.

Jesus....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Doesn't seem a likely effort for a civilization that wasn't bothered to create new deities, does it?  Didn't they just sort of rename Greek gods?  If they did go out of their way to create a new one, it sure blew up in their faces, huh?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zep73 said:

I didn't think so.... B)

Why do you say this ?

Humans are close to the scientific   abilty to shift objects  between matter and energy, and thus, both create one thing from  another,  and transport /transmit things over distance  while in an energy form.  

There is no suggestion that this will cause combustion. 

Your children(or grandchildren depending on your age ) will probably  have the abilty to "dial up" a pizza on a teleport  device, and have it made and transmitted to them in moments from a central location (OR to do it themselves, using basic materials and a "matter printer" )  The latter is already being used in a fairly primitive form.

https://all3dp.com/2/3d-printed-food-3d-printing-food/

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tom O'Neil said:

This is the side evidence I have for proof of Jesus. Archaeologists have found a 2000 year old ring which contains the name Pontius Pilate who ordered the killing of Jesus. It was mentioned in the New York Times article. This is very powerful evidence as the story goes Pontius Pilate sentenced Jesus to be crucified in the Bible. There are coins which bear Pontius Pilate name as-well.

Does that make New York proof of Spiderman?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Tom O'Neil said:

Yes as Follows proof of Jesus as I already know on Faith alone and for all here we have:

You've shown nothing besides your incompetence.  Have you won your Noble Peace Prize, charlatan?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tom O'Neil said:

GoodKnight 

Could you explain the Python code (that you didn’t write) you used in your Nobel Peace Prize thread to me and @Rlyeh

You are one hell of a charlatan. 

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4