Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did the Romans invent Jesus?

zep73

19 hours ago, Trelane said:

You are not in contention with the reptilians. They are here to save humanity. I do not hate Jesus. Jesus is good people , even if he was a shape-shifting lizard.

I don't agree with Jesus was a shape-shifting lizard, where does that come from?  What I do know though is that Jesus was, and is, the Son Of God.   He is God in the flesh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Did the Romans create Jesus? Probably not. However, they absolutely created Christianity. By the first year of the common era, "Roman" had ceased being an ethnicity and had, instead, become a "Nationality", where anyone could aspire to Roman citizenship, ever former slaves. Many of the Christians in the Bible were Roman citizens.

42 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

I don't agree with Jesus was a shape-shifting lizard, where does that come from?  What I do know though is that Jesus was, and is, the Son Of God.   He is God in the flesh.

Did you read some of the smaller print at the bottom of some of those posts?

I'm clearly joking around.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Trelane said:

Did you read some of the smaller print at the bottom of some of those posts?

I'm clearly joking around.

Yeah

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

It’s a colloquial derogatory term for Jesus, relating to the claim that Jesus was an alien being, which by definition and actual Bible, he was.  But that is beside the point.  Jesus is an alien is the basic insult.

3 minutes ago, Guyver said:

It’s a colloquial derogatory term for Jesus, relating to the claim that Jesus was an alien being, which by definition and actual Bible, he was.  But that is beside the point.  Jesus is an alien is the basic insult.

Thanks, I had never heard that term used about Jesus.   Other than that, Jesus did say that He was not of this world.   He told the Pharisees that He was from above and they were from below.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

Thanks, I had never heard that term used about Jesus.   Other than that, Jesus did say that He was not of this world.   He told the Pharisees that He was from above and they were from below.   

Exactly.  

4 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

The problem is that he said things that didn’t come to pass and don’t work as well.  He said if two or three are gathered in his name he is gathered with them and they can ask whatever they will and it will be done.  But it doesn’t happen.  It doesn’t work in reality when you’re trying to keep your friend from dying of cancer.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Guyver said:

The problem is that he said things that didn’t come to pass and don’t work as well.  He said if two or three are gathered in his name he is gathered with them and they can ask whatever they will and it will be done.  But it doesn’t happen.  It doesn’t work in reality when you’re trying to keep your friend from dying of cancer.

I have respect for what you say, and on a friendly note I'll give some ideas too.   Yes, there are times when the gathering of two or three don't work, but then again I've seen it work.   About the friend with cancer, only God can say why they didn't live.   But there have been miraculous healings.  God tells us that our ways are not His ways, and our thoughts are not His thoughts.   

But you know what?   I love Him and trust him as my God.   I'm disabled, can't use my right leg very well, and live alone.   However, I'm in an apt. with close neighbors.   Well tonight I was finishing up supper and lost my balance and fell, hit my head.  There I was on the floor, ice box door open so I couldn't get out of the kitchen to get to the phone.   Finally did get the ice box door shut.  So I started hollering for help over and over.   I prayed to God to send someone.   Evidently God made it possible for me to be heard.  Truthfully, I don't know who called 911.  God was there.

• Like 3

On 7/26/2021 at 5:10 PM, Holyspirit said:

Do you believe that Jesus was a real man who lived besides being the son of God? If I had some side proof of Jesus, what would you think? This would go under the domain for evidence as apologetics I would assume. Are you searching for proof of God and is that what you need? Faith is not by your standards the way to go about in believing in God, am I right?

This is the side evidence I have for proof of Jesus. Archaeologists have found a 2000 year old ring which contains the name Pontius Pilate who ordered the killing of Jesus. It was mentioned in the New York Times article. This is very powerful evidence as the story goes Pontius Pilate sentenced Jesus to be crucified in the Bible. There are coins which bear Pontius Pilate name as-well.

Quote Pontius Pilate’s Name Is Found on 2,000-Year-Old Ring [www.nytimes.com]
The information within this book, "Omega Lambda Effect: Voice of God from the Exoplanets" depicts the end of the universe from a message contained in the Rhythmic Exoplanet system. We have discussed God’s omnipresence and found some evidence outside of the Bible connected to Jesus. To me God is very real and Jesus left us with a message he said not to Love this World. Also in the Bible it states a New Heaven and Earth. It seems to me that this is all passing away. To you I would find comfort in the Lord now for that is all that seems real.

Ring.jpg

Well, I've got that box checked.

2 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

Yeah

When I was in high school I met a girl at a party at my house and she said when she and her friends were flipping off a cliff at our local lovers lane they called out to Jesus and they were saved.  I once called out to Jesus and I was saved, so, I don’t really understand it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Guyver said:

When I was in high school I met a girl at a party at my house and she said when she and her friends were flipping off a cliff at our local lovers lane they called out to Jesus and they were saved.  I once called out to Jesus and I was saved, so, I don’t really understand it.

What do you not understand about it, wouldn't that tell you Jesus saves?

I have ridden motorcycles all my life.  I’m just telling this for the….what’s it worth. Ni was never the best, someone else was always better than me, including my little brother. But I did and do ride.  Anyway, one time when I was on fire for Jesus I was getting on the freeway on my Yamaha Seca 650, which was a wonderful machine, and I got stuck on this tight freeway on-ramp behind this effed up truck with pallets like twelve high and wobbling, and before I could catch an opening to pass because of all the traffic, right in front of me those pallets came loose.  I called Jesus and then everything went into slow motion, and it was like a bubble came around me and all that material just exploded around me, and I came through without a scratch. It’s a fact, I just can’t explain it except for pure luck.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

No one could know if Jesus saves until we’re dead.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

Because we’re not dead yet.  The Bible is not trustworthy, IMO, after more than 35 years of study.  So, I no longer believe in Jesus, but I will say that during that time I did believe in Jesus, I did experience some unexplainable things.  But I also experienced some crazy things before I ever came to know Jesus.  That’s why I think we are in purgatory or hell right now.

I know there are angels or something like it because one grabbed me one time.  I know it’s crazy but it’s true.  I used to think it was an angel, now, I think we are in a program and we are numbered, FWIW.

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

I think we live in a ****ng computer.

Really? Drop a hammer on your toes and tell me how it computes. I'll give you a hint; it'll hurt. If we live in and are part of an artificial construct, It was built by power and intellect so vast, their idea of such a construct was to have actually created the completely "natural" universe our senses and instruments perceive.  If you're going to have an existential fantasy, might as well go for a reallly big one.

'

'

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 6

On 7/26/2021 at 4:45 PM, zep73 said:

Could Christianity have been invented by the Romans?

Could Jesus be a masked version of Titus Caesar Vespasianius?

The book reviews posted by eight bits really conveyed the facts that are wrong.

If its opinion desired? Id tend to agree with Hammerclaw. Its possible, but exceedingly unlikely. Like "Bush blew up the WTC on 9-11", kind of chance of true.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Guyver said:

100% true. Faith is belief in the absence of facts, or evidence. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Guyver said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLN0ZJpXA1jCyHvLLuH9M

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, Guyver said:

I have ridden motorcycles all my life.  I’m just telling this for the….what’s it worth. Ni was never the best, someone else was always better than me, including my little brother. But I did and do ride.  Anyway, one time when I was on fire for Jesus I was getting on the freeway on my Yamaha Seca 650, which was a wonderful machine, and I got stuck on this tight freeway on-ramp behind this effed up truck with pallets like twelve high and wobbling, and before I could catch an opening to pass because of all the traffic, right in front of me those pallets came loose.  I called Jesus and then everything went into slow motion, and it was like a bubble came around me and all that material just exploded around me, and I came through without a scratch. It’s a fact, I just can’t explain it except for pure luck.

A similar thing happened to me once.

I yelled OH F-BOMB

I don't think that's what saved me though. I'd put it more down to luck. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Guyver said:

Because we’re not dead yet.  The Bible is not trustworthy, IMO, after more than 35 years of study.  So, I no longer believe in Jesus, but I will say that during that time I did believe in Jesus, I did experience some unexplainable things.  But I also experienced some crazy things before I ever came to know Jesus.  That’s why I think we are in purgatory or hell right now.

I don't believe in purgatory, but do believe we're in some kind of hell also.   I'm sorry you no longer believe in Jesus, but whether to believe in Him or not is only a choice you can make.   As far as the Bible not being trustworthy, I don't agree.   But what concerns me about it is how many times over the years it has been edited and re-edited, and now there are versions where some of the original manuscript has been so reworded that the intended meaning is gone.   Basically I believe it is God's word though.

8 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Really? Drop a hammer on your toes and tell me how it computes. I'll give you a hint; it'll hurt. If we live in and are part of an artificial construct, It was built by power and intellect so vast, their idea of such a construct was to have actually created the completely "natural" universe our senses and instruments perceive.  If you're going to have an existential fantasy, might as well go for a reallly big one.

That's a lame argument. Do you know what pain is? It's an electrical signal to the brain, amplified by fear.
If you analyze the world and the human experience deep enough, it's actually quite piddly.

8 hours ago, DieChecker said:

The book reviews posted by eight bits really conveyed the facts that are wrong.

If its opinion desired? Id tend to agree with Hammerclaw. Its possible, but exceedingly unlikely. Like "Bush blew up the WTC on 9-11", kind of chance of true.

I assume you didn't watch the presentation/documentary? There are a handful of experts in it, besides Atwill, and they do present a strong case.