Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Covid Crushes DeSantis 2024 Hopes

Raptor Witness

Ron DeSantis' 2024 road just hit a major Covid-19 bump - CNN 7-26-2021

For the past year or so, Ron DeSantis has been on a roll.

The Florida Republican governor's laissez-faire approach to Covid-19 -- and the relatively low number of cases and deaths in such a large and elderly state -- turned him into a celebrity in the same circles where Donald Trump is a secular saint.

Except that, suddenly, Florida's numbers don't look so good with the Delta variant of the coronavirus punishing the state. 

As the Wall Street Journal wrote over the weekend:

"The state accounts for one in five new infections in the U.S. and logged 73,181 cases over the past week, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Gee I wonder if letting all those infected illegals into the country has anything to do with it?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Gee I wonder if letting all those infected illegals into the country has anything to do with it?

Nope, it is just Americans exercising their freedom.  Its OK not to get vaccinated or wear a mask, but it may have some consequences. I

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Nope, it is just Americans exercising their freedom.  Its OK not to get vaccinated or wear a mask, but it may have some consequences. I

But they're not testing them when entering the country. Why not?

Obviously the Biden administration wants to spread the virus through them otherwise, like they're doing with government personnel, they would require that they get the jab. 

The deceit going on is astonishing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Haven't you been insinuating that covid is not dangerous and that it's a scam?

As such why would you say that? They are spreading something you say isn't an actual risk. It is when you can voice your political views is it?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Haven't you been insinuating that covid is not dangerous and that it's a scam?

As such why would you say that? They are spreading something you say isn't an actual risk. It is when you can voice your political views is it?

Oh it's dangerous.

Just look at how much devastation the Trump hating hypocrisy is leaving in its wake.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Oh it's dangerous.

Only if you sniff it all at once. 

Just look at how much devastation the Trump hating hypocrisy is leaving in its wake

I'm not sure hypocrisy you are referring to. Not liking Trump has nothing to do with Covid. That was well established first and compunded each time that orangutan spoke.

So. About your flip flop on covid here....... What's up with that?

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Only if you sniff it all at once. 

I'm not sure hypocrisy you are referring to. Not liking Trump has nothing to do with Covid. That was well established first and compunded each time that orangutan spoke.

So. About your flip flop on covid here....... What's up with that?

The flip flop is that when Trump saw to it to get a vaccine done by the end of the year, the haters were saying not to take it because it was a "Trump vaccine". Remember that? They were all saying there was no way they would take it.

Now, it's the other way around.

It's Trump hating insanity on full display. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

And the real sick thing is that the Trump hating phenomenon was all orchestrated by a propaganda machine feeding the culpable a tsunami of lies.

Which they still lap up everyday eventhough the milk is sour.

Gulp gulp gulp.

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Oh it's dangerous.

Just look at how much devastation the Trump hating hypocrisy is leaving in its wake.

Ron DeSantis isn’t Donald Trump.

Google in quotation marks: “The peril to come will be directly proportional to the denial of the power at hand.”

If you deny the plague, the peril increases.  It’s a fundamental principle of how a real plague works.

If you see lightning and do not hear the thunder, will you fear it enough to save your life?

If you hear the thunder, but do not see the flash, how will you know where to go to avoid the fatal strike?

The wise nation sees the flash, and hears the thunder. Source

Thread: Hackers claim to breach NATO security - Post 7 - July 24, 2011

If you ever hear thunder before you see the flash, it means you're already dead.

7 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

If you deny the plague, the peril increases.  It’s a fundamental principle of how a real plague works.

The only plague that's befallen the the world is the plague of personal corruption. Especially in news media, and elected and appointed government officials. That's what the plague is.

You're right. Deny the plague and it increases.

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 2

The flip flop is that when Trump saw to it to get a vaccine done by the end of the year, the haters were saying not to take it because it was a "Trump vaccine". Remember that? They were all saying there was no way they would take it.

There's a Trump vaccine?

If the Trump can be vaccinated against it should be mandatory. 

I really don't think so. Trumps inaction has been attributed to about 140,000 needless deaths. He made stupid comments and rarely wore a mask. That fool only made things worse.

Why do you think it's insane to hate a person who is a liar and a jerk? His election lies are proven lies. 

10 minutes ago, Will Due said:

And the real sick thing is that the Trump hating phenomenon was all orchestrated by a propaganda machine feeding the culpable a tsunami of lies.

Which they still lap up eventhough the milk is sour. Gulp gulp gulp.

That's a dumb thing to say. That's twice you've said something incredibly stupid today!!!!! Although I suspect that's a long way from your record.

Media isn't required to dislike Trump. Why do you think.it is? Are you another one of these sycophants who can't imagine how one could dislike Trump unless told to? You happy to have him grab your missus on the privates are you? 

Seriously, you reckon he's the best America has? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

The only plague that's befallen the the world is the plague of personal corruption. Especially in news media, and elected and appointed government officials. That's what the plague is.

What about the sort of misinformation that you constantly post? Isn't that like a relentless plague?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

What about the sort of misinformation that you constantly post? Isn't that like a relentless plague?

Stating the fact that personal corruption is a plague that's growing in the world, is misinformation to you? 

You're kidding right? LOL

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Stating the fact that personal corruption is a plague, is misinformation to you? 

You're kidding right? LOL

It's hypocritical coming from someone promoting corruption. What credibility do you have to offer? None. As such your statement is meaningless.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

It's hypocritical coming from someone promoting corruption. What credibility do you have to offer? None. As such your statement is meaningless.

I know you mean well psyche. I know I mean well. I don't think anyone participating in this forum doesn't mean well. In the immaterial sense, we're all pretty much on the same page. 

I believe it's just a matter of time that the great illusion of division between all people is bridged.

Good night. Time for bed.

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

There is some truth to what you have said. However, this thread is about how the coronavirus has hurt the chances of someone replacing Donald Trump as the Republican Party leader.

Who can take the place of these men, whose brand shall be forever connected to a deadly pandemic, and in DeSantis’ case, a very sick building that showed his state little mercy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

I know you mean well psyche. I know I mean well. I don't think anyone participating in this forum doesn't mean well. In the immaterial sense, we're all pretty much on the same page. 

I believe it's just a matter of time that the great illusion of division between all people is bridged.

Good night. Time for bed.

I guess we just see the division as having different sources.

It is also quite bewildering as to why people think the media is the sole reason that people don't like Trump.

2 hours ago, Will Due said:

But they're not testing them when entering the country. Why not?

Obviously the Biden administration wants to spread the virus through them otherwise, like they're doing with government personnel, they would require that they get the jab. 

The deceit going on is astonishing.

Just an example of American freedom Will. Whats your problem with it ? Its not very serious so you tell me, just like the flu.  So who cares? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

There's a Trump vaccine?

If the Trump can be vaccinated against it should be mandatory. 

That's not what he said. What kind of bs is this? An attempt at humor?

3 hours ago, Will Due said:

He said they were saying not to take the vaccine, and indeed they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7WD8l0Dc1I

Science always made the vaccines. There was never a reason to doubt them. Trump didn't make them. They just came out under his Presidency. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's July and Florida is our biggest tourist destination, east of the Mississippi as well as a very popular destination for our new Illegals. So, it's little wonder the concentration of maskless unvaccinated are reaping the fruits of their stupidity. It's Biden's fault.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, susieice said:

That's not what he said. What kind of bs is this? An attempt at humor?

Yes!

Come on. It's funny. 

9 hours ago, susieice said:

He said they were saying not to take the vaccine, and indeed they did.

I think that needs to be qualified a bit.  Harris said if public health officials recommended it she would be first in line. 

There was among some  distrust for President Trump's health pronouncements.

Covid would just go away.

Sticking a bright light in the body would cure it.

HCQ would cure it.

Some means of Injecting disinfectant would cure it in a minute 

None of those ideas received any endorsement from medical experts.

It is not necessarily being a Trump hater, just viewing his string of bad advice gives some pause.

Keeping us out of new wars and allowing vaccine research to go ahead are two of the very best things Trump did as president.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

It's July and Florida is our biggest tourist destination, east of the Mississippi as well as a very popular destination for our new Illegals. So, it's little wonder the concentration of maskless unvaccinated are reaping the fruits of their stupidity. It's Biden's fault.

What is Florida’s vaccination rate? Why do you think people aren’t getting vaccinated there?

9 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Illegals are a distraction.  The disease was already among us and spreading, it did not really require extra help from anybody else.

People have different ideas of freedom.  Some think the price of freedom entails certain responsibilities and obligations to others.  Many do not believe that  For some there is no link between consideration of others and personal freedom.  

So it is a test between those two views with very real world consequences playing out in real time.

Among the unvaccinated covid will find hosts to breed and mutate.  The delta variant is 40% more transmissible and about two times as fatal, still less than 4% though.  There will be other variants with higher transmission rates and mortality.

Refusing to wear masks and keep social distance as an insult to personal freedom will result in more rapid transmission among this group, more hospitalizations and more fatalities.

Eventually a variant will arise that is more transmissible to children.  Unvaccinated by necessity and maskless by choice, schools will be a hotbed of transmission.  It will get to the point that children becoming infected and dying  is not a rare event.

Still there will be some refusing to wear masks or be vaccinated and accept the death of children as the price of freedom.

• Like 1