Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Influencing Reality

Duke Wellington

1.1A stamped mark indicating a particular time and date, used for example on items sent by post. ... 'These documents provide substantial insight into the ...

2 Aug 2020 — A timestamp or time stamp is a time registered to a file, log, or notification that records when data is added, removed, modified, ...

~

Error correction is the process of detecting errors in transmitted messages and reconstructing the original error-free data. Error correction ensures that corrected and error-free messages are obtained at the receiver side.

What is Error Correction? - Definition from Techopedia

~

A memory read error is a malfunction that occurs when data is being accessed from memory for use by a program, or when a value read from RAM fails to match an expected value. Memory read errors can cause miscalculations, program malfunctions, unresponsiveness, the blue screen of death (BSOD) and spontaneous restarts.

~

Can't even be bothered to get your story straight either... 

~

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Get the weight off and keep it off this requires consistency and discipline, and personal accountability with all your super powers this should be a walk in the park for ya.  :P On this you can influence your reality. :tsu:

Indeed, at this point the wiggle room is gone. Being over weight even a little is horrible for the heart, especially a heart that has gone through two major surgeries. Anything sugar laden is a no no. I work for a Dr. who had a similar surgery to MW, he was overweight, loved his sweets and worked all day and cared for his wife with Parkinson’s all night. Then he had a heart attack. Fast forward 3 years, he puts nothing into his mouth that isn’t healthy, he stays away from sugar, he exercises daily on top of running around at work all day. He gets plenty of rest, sleep is a huge factor in good health an aspect that some disregard. He has a  staff of 4 caregivers ( who rotate) and a chef and fulltime housekeeper. He is in amazing shape for an 85 year old, so it is never to late or one is never to old to turn their health around,  He is the Dr.  that advised me in no uncertain terms the importance of self care as a caregiver on the physical side, including how too much weight is detrimental to ones health. Just my two cents.

I agree

Sounds like you were also confused by what he was saying. 

My life span is  the 10 years minimum, not  the time needed to lose weight. 

I dont use sugar or salt (and eat almost no processed foods which may contain either )

I make lots   of vegetarian dishes from  soups and veg. stews and curries through veg pies and pasties,  pizzas, and vege bakes  to risottos,  veg bolognaise/ lasagna etc. I don't eat desserts 

Ps you don't want to become fanatical about weight or diet This is also not good for physical or mental health.

Some modern guidelines  such as BMI aren't  always correct   

Its more important to eat healthily, and exercise  in a consistent way over time,  so that you balance calorie consumption with calorie use  

All i had to do was eat a bit less. So I cut back to two meals a day, morning and evening,  with smaller portions. If I get hungry. I eat unsalted nuts or fresh fruit.   We grow enough fresh fruit to keep us going all year and have just transitioned from  mandarins to oranges,   now that the  late season apples have finished.  We should also be getting the first of the strawberries soon, before the abundance of stone fruits, almonds, grapes and berries, during spring and summer     A small crop of kiwi fruit is also ready for harvesting on demand Ie I pick one or two a day, as we need them.   Feijoas and loquats are coming along nicely, and  just need a bit of warm weather to ripen up 

Ps There is perhaps no more clear and concrete way to alter your reality,   and observe the process, than to grow and maintain a garden 

Edited by Mr Walker

Even fancy imaginary doctors giving out medical advice should know better... 

Remember, No Coffee After Heart Surgery!
“Coffee is not recommended right after any form of cardiac surgery, including heart valve surgery.”11 May 2008

~

• Thanks 1

I honestly don't feel like making a comment on this thread, at least in depths. The OP has this 'quantum mysticism' hangup. So he feels the need to use science to validate his magical thinking. When in reality it is just simple psychological principals. Namely confirmation bias and lack of proper habit formation (the diet). 

The Thinker thinks and the Prover proves, the prover will prove whatever the thinker has thought so convincingly that no amount of facts will change their mind. 

An easy way to understand this is to think strongly about a quarter and that you'll find one. Then whenever you're out look. Do it for a month or three months. Take note of how many quarters you find. Bear in mind though that while you conscious think quarter (or equivalent monetary piece), you're subconscious might think "Money". 

Explain the results as anything you wish, just don't hold it as fact. 

If you want to mess with cause and effect on a more practical and social level. Think of everyone has evil, see what happens. Think everyone as good, see what happens. Think of everyone as neutral, see what happens. Think of yourself as ugly/handsome/beautiful, see what happens. etc. Get creative. 

None of this is difficult. It doesn't need a "science" type of explanation, nor a mystical one either. We shape our perception of reality. Mainly through what we think is true (our beliefs). This is our reality tunnel. 

Mindset is everything. So shift your reality tunnel and don't take it seriously. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CuriousEye said:

I don't get it.

Just as I don't get why you'd think the asinine stories the OP presents has a damn thing to do with quantum physics.

18 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I agree

Sounds like you were also confused by what he was saying. 

My life span is  the 10 years minimum, not  the time needed to lose weight. 

I dont use sugar or salt (and eat almost no processed foods which may contain either )

I make lots   of vegetarian dishes from  soups and veg. stews and curries through veg pies and pasties,  pizzas, and vege bakes  to risottos,  veg bolognaise/ lasagna etc. I don't eat desserts 

Ps you don't want to become fanatical about weight or diet This is also not good for physical or mental health.

Some modern guidelines  such as BMI aren't  always correct   

Its more important to eat healthily, and exercise  in a consistent way over time,  so that you balance calorie consumption with calorie use  

All i had to do was eat a bit less. So I cut back to two meals a day, morning and evening,  with smaller portions. If I get hungry. I eat unsalted nuts or fresh fruit.   We grow enough fresh fruit to keep us going all year and have just transitioned from  mandarins to oranges,   now that the  late season apples have finished.  We should also be getting the first of the strawberries soon, before the abundance of stone fruits, almonds, grapes and berries, during spring and summer     A small crop of kiwi fruit is also ready for harvesting on demand Ie I pick one or two a day, as we need them.   Feijoas and loquats are coming along nicely, and  just need a bit of warm weather to ripen up 

Ps There is perhaps no more clear and concrete way to alter your reality,   and observe the process, than to grow and maintain a garden 

You balance energy consumption by portion control, the most important thing you can do is be diligent about your weight, get down at least 5 pounds below your recommended weight based on what you cook pies, pastries, pizzas, pasta are all the kinds of foods one has a few bites of at most, especially, if you have weight to lose. This doesn’t sound like a healthy heart diet to me. 

Yes, you want to be fanatical about your weight, your exercise, your sleep, what you put into your mouth, and your mental health, especially as a carer. It is the kind of path that is high stress as it is and requires levels of patience and compassion that is unending and if you neglect yourself chronic health issues can complicate your health even more. One must say on top of their health in this context, I am surprised your doctor didn’t talk to you and recommend things for you.

It is mainstream and recommended to follow a care plan as a caregiver, we know a lot more now, no caregiver who is serious about this path says they don’t need to self care. Lol 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sherapy said:

It is mainstream and recommended to follow a care plan as a caregiver, we know a lot more now, no caregiver who is serious about this path says they don’t need to self care. Lol

You forget who you are trying to convey logical constructs to... 

7d0.jpg

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/30/2021 at 2:38 PM, XenoFish said:

I honestly don't feel like making a comment on this thread, at least in depths. The OP has this 'quantum mysticism' hangup. So he feels the need to use science to validate his magical thinking. When in reality it is just simple psychological principals. Namely confirmation bias and lack of proper habit formation (the diet). 

The Thinker thinks and the Prover proves, the prover will prove whatever the thinker has thought so convincingly that no amount of facts will change their mind. 

An easy way to understand this is to think strongly about a quarter and that you'll find one. Then whenever you're out look. Do it for a month or three months. Take note of how many quarters you find. Bear in mind though that while you conscious think quarter (or equivalent monetary piece), you're subconscious might think "Money". 

Explain the results as anything you wish, just don't hold it as fact. 

If you want to mess with cause and effect on a more practical and social level. Think of everyone has evil, see what happens. Think everyone as good, see what happens. Think of everyone as neutral, see what happens. Think of yourself as ugly/handsome/beautiful, see what happens. etc. Get creative. 

None of this is difficult. It doesn't need a "science" type of explanation, nor a mystical one either. We shape our perception of reality. Mainly through what we think is true (our beliefs). This is our reality tunnel. 

Mindset is everything. So shift your reality tunnel and don't take it seriously. 

Why not think, " $ 50 note" ? 

10 hours ago, Sherapy said:

You balance energy consumption by portion control, the most important thing you can do is be diligent about your weight, get down at least 5 pounds below your recommended weight based on what you cook pies, pastries, pizzas, pasta are all the kinds of foods one has a few bites of at most, especially, if you have weight to lose. This doesn’t sound like a healthy heart diet to me. 

Yes, you want to be fanatical about your weight, your exercise, your sleep, what you put into your mouth, and your mental health, especially as a carer. It is the kind of path that is high stress as it is and requires levels of patience and compassion that is unending and if you neglect yourself chronic health issues can complicate your health even more. One must say on top of their health in this context, I am surprised your doctor didn’t talk to you and recommend things for you.

geez Louise I just explained all that to you :)  

No you NEVER should be fanatical abut anything.

The stress will kill you.

Chill out, be sensible, and follow the middle path :)   Ensure that what you do is effective but  not too rapid 

and NO it can be dangerous to be BELOW a recommended weight or BMI  (that is kinda why  the recommended ones are given) 

And finally, it is now recognised that race and  other factors must be taken into account with  weight and BMI, after the y were too uniformly applied to different races, age groups etc  . There is now a wider acceptable range of weights and BMI 

Finally while, as i explained, portion size is important avoiding certain foods altogether is not.

A balanced diet with a wide range of food types is healthy. 

and no, care plans are for the person being cared for.  They might only be suggested for a carer if there were stresses on the carer which required attention.

So far I have no such identified stressors.   My life is busy, but under control. My needs (physical and social)  are met and i have high satisfaction.  I am happy, stress free, and fulfilled.  I have the human resources within to deal with  issues   (Physical or emotional) which will arise in the future and i plan ahead . 

On 7/31/2021 at 1:13 AM, Mr Walker said:

geez Louise I just explained all that to you :)  

No you NEVER should be fanatical abut anything.

The stress will kill you.

Chill out, be sensible, and follow the middle path :)   Ensure that what you do is effective but  not too rapid 

and NO it can be dangerous to be BELOW a recommended weight or BMI  (that is kinda why  the recommended ones are given) 

And finally, it is now recognised that race and  other factors must be taken into account with  weight and BMI, after the y were too uniformly applied to different races, age groups etc  . There is now a wider acceptable range of weights and BMI 

Finally while, as i explained, portion size is important avoiding certain foods altogether is not.

A balanced diet with a wide range of food types is healthy. 

and no, care plans are for the person being cared for.  They might only be suggested for a carer if there were stresses on the carer which required attention.

So far I have no such identified stressors.   My life is busy, but under control. My needs (physical and social)  are met and i have high satisfaction.  I am happy, stress free, and fulfilled.  I have the human resources within to deal with  issues   (Physical or emotional) which will arise in the future and i plan ahead . 

The things I share come from professional resources along the way, many of the wonderful families I have cared for have taught me much.   They are only suggestions on a take them or leave  them basis, I share out of empathy as a professional working caregiver these things work and provide the kind of experiences between caregiver and patient that are cherished by both. A person who is ill deserves the best whether this is a family member or someone hired. Being in the best health possible is must, if one is to busy time management issues are also early signs of burnout. Sleep is a must at least 7 to 8 hours for this kind of work. One must have a mechanism in place that shoots for optimal health at your level of functioning, it has a domino effect good health shows up not only in the body but the mind, it is within your control too. Overeating the wrong foods, or mindless eating, aka stress eating not putting thought into the food one puts in their mouth, you shared that you eat a lot of pasta, pizza, pastries, breads etc.  one can give themselves a 5 pound leeway by being below their target weight or they can use the scale to be accountable on a daily basis to catch the weight gain early before it becomes an issue or one can fast in place of their next meal this  helps reset yourself. and your health goals. I asked the doctor I work for how important it is to keep a recommend weight after heart surgery, he said if you want to make it the 10 years you have to be diligent, the window of denial or laziness is gone  being even 10 pounds overweight is terrible for one in this age group and as a caregiver even worse.  Eating a balanced diet means heavy on fruits veggies and moderation on the rest and some foods should not be eaten at all such as fast food, pastries, lots of pasta, cookies, pies etc. 

What do you do to release stressors from the day? I walk an hour a day with my dog and practice yoga everyday for an hour it is threefold it is moving meditation, keeps me physically strong and aligned, pain free  and is a way to practice mindfulness, and do my breathing work etc. . I attend stress management therapy 1 time a week to check in with myself and get guidance on the things that come up. I also meditate in the  morning for 30 minutes everyday. My support system is my husband our friendship, love, fun, romance and companionship makes being a carer possible, I got lucky with hubby, he is deeply compassionate and supports and participates in living our best lives, we make sure to go on little get aways at least once a month,  these are mini retreats of renewal, all this contributes to giving my best as a caregiver. I also choose jobs that understand and support self care. In my early days I had no idea of how ignorant I actually was and wow I learn so much that helps me be an asset for the families I work for and with. 

All the best.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 4

23 minutes ago, Ogbin said:

Everything people do influences reality, right? 

To varying degrees. Yes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

To varying degrees. Yes.

Is reality different from perceived reality? If yes, then wouldn’t an influenced perception Just be a mere illusion? 

Edited by Ogbin
  • Like 2

Let's try this... 

1*XdFQVNhPZjJAQkmydAbWkA.png

~

Do you hear what Lennon heard? 

Do you see what Yoko saw? 

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, Ogbin said:

Is reality different from perceived reality?

Of course. Again, to varying degrees.

24 minutes ago, Ogbin said:

If yes, then wouldn’t an influenced perception Just be a mere illusion? 

Not sure what you mean by "influenced perception" but there are plenty of illusory things.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 4:44 AM, Rlyeh said:

Just as I don't get why you'd think the asinine stories the OP presents has a damn thing to do with quantum physics.

tenor.gif?itemid=15952801

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Foul.  That is hitting below the belt.

Only when you're using the wrong head... 

:D

~

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Ogbin said:

Is reality different from perceived reality? If yes, then wouldn’t an influenced perception Just be a mere illusion? 

Reality is different from perceived reality.  All perceptions are mere illusions of the actual reality. A facsimile thereof.  It is impossible to actually experience reality in real time because before our brains even get the signals sorted out to what it is we think we heard, saw, smelt, felt, tasted...the reality has changed.  It's very, very close to reality but it is not the same thing as reality.  It's all a perception.

• Like 3

The only influence on reality is time itself. Every single millisecond the future could go a different direction. 
Have you ever heard of the hundredth monkey syndrome? We are all connected every living breathing creature on this planet is connected. A boundary is set by nature in some way between us all to keep us from reading each other’s daily thoughts. But basic knowledge in survival is somehow shared. In many ways it’s more than survival knowledge. For instance you invent something new and spend every day working on it and within days, weeks or months someone else on the other side of the world invents it also. It’s weird but I do believe in this.

Edited by Freez1

2 hours ago, Ogbin said:

Thats an excellent  question.

Suppose there was not a single human being on earth

Reality would be one faceted ie it would simply be as it is .

A rock would be just a rock

Introduce one human. 

They might see that rock as a weapon, a building material, or somehtng which could be shaped into a tool  

A second person might see the rock differently. Thus the rock now has two different perceived realities 

As soon as one of the people begins to shape and use the rock, they also influence the independent reality of the rock. Ie they alter it's shape, existence, future timeline  etc.

Humans live in a world of both external realities and internal ones. Both are real, and both affect /influence us. 

Eg suppose your bathwater is100 degrees Fahrenheit The reality might be that for some people that is too hot,   while for  others it is too cold. 

• Like 1