Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
OverSword

Five takeaways from a bracing day of Jan. 6 testimony

89 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

OverSword
Quote

 

The House select committee’s first hearing Tuesday to investigate the Jan. 6 insurrection at the United States Capitol was as personal as it was probing. 

Sober verbal accounts from four police officers who came under physical and psychological attack that day were combined with raw video footage of rioters shouting epithets and using physical force against law enforcement.

The panel hearing the testimony was unusually united — especially for present-day Washington. It included seven Democrats and two Republicans all handpicked by Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.).

All were critical of former President Trump, who was impeached for inciting a mob to attack the Capitol. No defenders of Trump were present after Pelosi rejected two of House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy’s (R-Calif.) choices.

Here are five takeaways from the day.

 

Link

The panel hearing the testimony was unusually united :mellow::huh::):D:lol::w00t:

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
  1. Democrats picked their witnesses carefully

  2. GOP tried to distract

  3. Kinzinger seizes moment

  4. Racism on Jan. 6 takes center stage

  5. Gripping language underscores severity of attack

In other words,

  • they picked witnesses that would evoke a maximum emotional response from emotional people (liberals)
  • the GOP held a press conference
  • Dude CRIED :rolleyes: OMG he cried :lol:
  • Racism.  wow.  so surprised they went there
  • They rehearsed testimony to get a maximum emotional response from the puppet show audience.

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Posted (edited)

It seems the Hill is going down in quality since Krystal and Sagar left.  I saw this identical headline on an ABC news story.  Glad to know we are all getting the official line.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness

The Republican Party is seen today for what it really is. Ni friend of life on earth, including human life, no friend of the Constitution; no friend of law and order, and no friend of law enforcement, as evidence but what we saw in the testimony today.

No wonder the b@stards are afraid of these hearings. 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Just now, Raptor Witness said:

The Republican Party is seen today for what it really is. Ni friend of life on earth, including human life, no friend of the Constitution; no friend of law and order, and no friend of law enforcement, as evidence but what we saw in the testimony today.

No wonder the b@stards are afraid of these hearings. 

 

Thanks.  Would you like to tell us what revelations says about January 6th?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
12 minutes ago, OverSword said:
  1. Democrats picked their witnesses carefully

  2. GOP tried to distract

  3. Kinzinger seizes moment

  4. Racism on Jan. 6 takes center stage

  5. Gripping language underscores severity of attack

In other words,

  • they picked witnesses that would evoke a maximum emotional response from emotional people (liberals)
  • the GOP held a press conference
  • Dude CRIED :rolleyes: OMG he cried :lol:
  • Racism.  wow.  so surprised they went there
  • They rehearsed testimony to get a maximum emotional response from the puppet show audience.

 

Dude your mostly a very reasonable guy, and I have Sincerly come to respect you. But, if you honestly believe that Trump was not personally involved and the cause of the attack on the Capital I am disappointed. In addition if you believe that the entire event was not designed to disrupt the electoral vote certification and a complete violation of and an attack on the US Constitution I am really disappointed. Your are not one those brain washed followers who are unable to think for themselves.

JIMO

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

Dude your mostly a very reasonable guy, and I have Sincerly come to respect you. But, if you honestly believe that Trump was not personally involved and the cause of the attack on the Capital I am disappointed. In addition if you believe that the entire event was not designed to disrupt the electoral vote certification and a complete violation of and an attack on the US Constitution I am really disappointed. Your are not one those brain washed followers who are unable to think for themselves.

JIMO

Thanks :)

What did Trump do again?  Can you give me the part of the speech in which he incited violence or insurrection?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

@Manwon Lender I know trump bad, but like it or not his denying election results is not against the law.  I can say all the things he said without being arrested or charged and so can you.  We don't have to like it, but I'm not going to cry about me being able to say just about anything I want to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
10 minutes ago, OverSword said:

@Manwon Lender I know trump bad, but like it or not his denying election results is not against the law.  I can say all the things he said without being arrested or charged and so can you.  We don't have to like it, but I'm not going to cry about me being able to say just about anything I want to say.

Dude, I don't cry about anything and your right we both have freedom to speak and say what we choose to. This Trump bad thing you speak about is a denial of the truth. So if you choose to be a follower that's your choice, however, there is a down side to following. In most cases that also disrupts the most important freedom we have and that is individual thought. The truth is based upon facts, not thought or beliefs and the only way to know if something is factual is to research the subject and make a decision based upon the information.

I never said you should be arrested for your beliefs of comments, I am saying that by many comments you make you rely far to much on the Media Sources you get your information from. Please don't deny this, I watch media sources from both sides of this subject. Now what I find hilarious is that when one of the Media Sources that promotes Trumps actions come up with ridicules claim or a term to politicize, his followers on this forum immediately promote the same misguided views and they do so without any research of the validity of the comments, now that's a fact.

Whether I like or agree with what you say has no bearing or importance to the subject. Your the only one who is effected by your comments, and that effect is how you will view and feel about yourself someday for pushing issues that where misrepresented and for following without checking out information before you share it with others..

JIMO

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Thanks :)

What did Trump do again?  Can you give me the part of the speech in which he incited violence or insurrection?

Here again it takes just a small amount of common sense and thought to understand exactly how he incited and caused the Capital attack. During the rally before the attack, Trumps speakers including his Son intentionally incited the crowd with unproven political rhetoric until the crowd was fired up to point where their anger was unrestrained. 

Then the President address the crowd, and at the end of his comments he told the crowd to move to the Capital grounds WHERE HE WOULD MEET THEM to continue the rally. Well Trump did not meet them on the Capital grounds, and he never intended to because there was no speaking platform set up for his arrival.

In stead he proceeded back to the White House and watched the events unfold, Gleefully and this information came directly from White House Staff who were present. Also according to those staffers who were present when the riot started he did not call in addition authorities or the National Guard, he did nothing except chuckle.

Mike Pence was responsible for getting the authorities moving to the Capital.

If you are unable to see what Trump did, and what his true intentions were from the start you are in total denial. 

Every single thing I have said in this post is a fact and completely consistent with the events of 6 Jan 2021. This is what I have stated previously about using the most important freedom we have, and that is simple consideration of the  actions taken and thinking for ourselves and not following a myth perpetrated by political party allegiance!!:yes:

The facts above are accurate, and they do certainly represent the events of that day. But I will add this, if Trump had followed through and met husband base on the Capital Grounds that day to continue his rally the events of 6 Jan 2021 would not have happened. Simply because the necessary control by his presence would have prevented the attack from occurring. But, again that wasn't his plan, his plan unfolded just as he intended it too, and that is also a fact by his actions which prove it.:tu:

 

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

did aoc gave crying testimony that she was almost killed there? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

The truth is based upon facts

 

Not always Manwon. The truth is not always based upon facts because:

"One can be technically right as to fact and everlastingly wrong in the truth.

And it won't be until all of this settles down deeper "in the most important freedom we have" (individual thought) that these matters will become clear enough to remember to honor the principles that this country was founded on. The principles that the individual pictured below set as precedents in particular, which are now being destroyed full stop with this pronounced charade going on in Congress at the moment.

 

gilbert_stuart_williamstown_portrait_of_george_washington_promo.jpg

 

 

 

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
52 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

Not always Manwon. The truth is not always based upon facts because:

"One can be technically right as to fact and everlastingly wrong in the truth.

 

non-dualite-au-dela-.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

Not always Manwon. The truth is not always based upon facts because:

"One can be technically right as to fact and everlastingly wrong in the truth.

And it won't be until all of this settles down deeper "in the most important freedom we have" (individual thought) that these matters will become clear enough to remember to honor the principles that this country was founded on. The principles that the individual pictured below set as precedents in particular, which are now being destroyed full stop with this pronounced charade going on in Congress at the moment.

 

gilbert_stuart_williamstown_portrait_of_george_washington_promo.jpg

 

 

 

Will, I respect you for your comments not because I agree with you. But because you speaking honestly about what you believe.  I listen to people speak about how they are losing their rights, or that our way of life must change. But, my views and your are based upon different experiences in our lives.

I have seen the loss of freedom and those fighting to restore it in countries around world, and you have watch similar events on TV. Your use of General Washingtons portrait is in no way relevant in this discussion. 

I don't blindly follow anyone Will, I think before I act or believe anything our Government puts out.

This also includes all media sources, can you honestly say to you research what your told?

Please be honest Will, while I don't respond to many if your posts, I do read them.

 

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
2 minutes ago, aztek said:

non-dualite-au-dela-.jpg

 

1866D235-89EC-4B8B-9C69-A0F7C80A3F1D-4058-00000B1A8312FF67.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
2 hours ago, OverSword said:

@Manwon Lender I know trump bad, but like it or not his denying election results is not against the law.  I can say all the things he said without being arrested or charged and so can you.  We don't have to like it, but I'm not going to cry about me being able to say just about anything I want to say.

What do you mean by "just about"?  Your weasel words caught you out right there.

 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh3cbd7niTQ

I mean seriously?  Your capital got attacked on the direct instruction of Trump - did you not actually listen to what he and the rest of his sicko crew said?  Yeah, t'was just a tourist visit.  What an incredible mindset you have...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Thanks.  Would you like to tell us what revelations says about January 6th?

Nothing that I'm aware of, but I issued my forecast for Trump, and it was spot on in a number of ways, chiefly ... everything he touched would be cursed.

Quote

The rabid behavior of some men, towards a Garden so carefully planted, has not gone unnoticed.... 

”Dread” will their commanders cry out, of this plaga from the cursed sky. Tiny stones at sunset, ...

Edited December 10, 2019 by Raptor Witness
Quote

Trump is a white poison, which lingers for a lifetime. Everything he touches will crumble and be cursed, including the nation he leads.

Down to the pit, ye Angel of the Abyss. Back to your dark lair in the mountains, and take your alien spirit hybrids with you. The Yeti’s have more class, but if it’s snow you need to travel, here’s an unprecedented pile of it.

Like a mummy, Mother, with darkness to remember. Behold, a Destruction is dispatched for a generation. 

 
Quote

I wonder if Lindsey Graham would consider giving this 500k war chest to the victims of the coronavirus in South Carolina, instead of a wannabe dictator?

Such are the fruitless souls, cursed like a fig tree, covered with sorrow. 

Quote

Trump is withering like a cursed fig tree, which is sterile of fruit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa

They started off with the emotional stuff, testimony of officers on the scene.  Mostly emotion, but it did establish one fact.  It was not a tourist day, Antifa didn't do it, it was definitely not a love in.   Those are straight up lies, and the last one is by former president trump. The Repubs are still trying new stories and alibis.  Ron Johnson says the mob was trying to protect the fallen officer they seemed to be stomping on.  Pretty lame and pointless. It was by definition an insurrection and the rioters were by definition terrorists.   No evidence has been presented for who funded them or where they got the idea to assemble and try to stop the certification of the election.   

Next comes the the sources, the data, the videos, the testimony, the records, dull but necessary.

How much responsibility did Pelosi bear? Why were capitol police so thinly spread?  As one officer commented they had plenty of support for BLM protests, he didn't know why not this time. Were they not expecting violence from participants in a Presidential rally as they would from BLM?  Was it Pelosi, or McConnell, or did the orders come from higher the chain?  Same with national Guard and Metro Police, to little too late to stop it.   Maybe we will find out.

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

What do you mean by "just about"?  Your weasel words caught you out right there.

I mean I can’t insight others to murder or other crimes, and things like that. I can say things like trump was robbed all day and night for example.  Again for the 10k time I don’t believe that but I can say it without legal consequences and so can trump. It’s legal.

Caught out indeed 

Edited by OverSword

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead
4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I mean I can’t insight others to murder or other crimes, and things like that. I can say things like trump was robbed all day and night for example.  Again for the 10k time I don’t believe that but I can say it without legal consequences and so can trump. It’s legal.

Caught out indeed 

:ph34r: 

 

220px-Manson1968.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
9 minutes ago, acidhead said:

:ph34r: 

 

220px-Manson1968.jpg

Clearly, there seems to be some sort of unfair situation in the United States.

If you insight someone to kill movie stars, you go to jail for life. If you and site someone to kill Capitol police officers, well that’s no big deal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead
6 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Clearly, there seems to be some sort of unfair situation in the United States.

If you insight someone to kill movie stars, you go to jail for life. If you and site someone to kill Capitol police officers, well that’s no big deal.

The comparison is virtually identical!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
el midgetron
Quote

In 1995, I was an employee of the California Forestry Association in Sacramento, California. On April 25, 1995, my co-worker Gilbert Murray opened a package addressed to William Dennison, the previous executive of the organization. The package contained a bomb sent by Ted Kaczynski, better known as the Unabomber.

In choosing his terror targets, Kaczynski reportedly worked off of a list that he found in a radical environmental newsletter called “Live Wild or Die,” which advertised in the Earth First! newsletter that Tracy Stone-Manning, President Biden’s nominee to lead the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), edited when she was a graduate student at the University of Montana and one of the leaders of the radical Earth First! group in Missoula.

Kaczynski is also on the record stating that Earth First! influenced him. He even described himself as an Earth First! “satellite.” He is wholly responsible for the terror he created, but he certainly found like-minded individual’s among the group that published a list of people to kill to save the environment, the newsletter that ran advertisements for that group, and the radical Earth First!ers who also advocated violence.

Having read the testimony and news articles about Tracy Stone-Manning, I was compelled to write this because I think there are questions she has not been asked during her Senate confirmation hearing.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/07/27/exclusive-co-worker-of-unabomber-victim-biden-nominee-must-answer-for-ecoterrorism-that-inspired-ted-kaczynski/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Autochthon1990

"Well they invaded the capitol while screaming the N-Word, wearing trump flags and carrying nunchucks...must be Antifa!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Autochthon1990
4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

They started off with the emotional stuff, testimony of officers on the scene.  Mostly emotion, but it did establish one fact.  It was not a tourist day, Antifa didn't do it, it was definitely not a love in.   Those are straight up lies, and the last one is by former president trump. The Repubs are still trying new stories and alibis.  Ron Johnson says the mob was trying to protect the fallen officer they seemed to be stomping on.  Pretty lame and pointless. It was by definition an insurrection and the rioters were by definition terrorists.   No evidence has been presented for who funded them or where they got the idea to assemble and try to stop the certification of the election.   

Next comes the the sources, the data, the videos, the testimony, the records, dull but necessary.

How much responsibility did Pelosi bear? Why were capitol police so thinly spread?  As one officer commented they had plenty of support for BLM protests, he didn't know why not this time. Were they not expecting violence from participants in a Presidential rally as they would from BLM?  Was it Pelosi, or McConnell, or did the orders come from higher the chain?  Same with national Guard and Metro Police, to little too late to stop it.   Maybe we will find out.

 

I would imagine they where thinly spread because they had reports of pipe bombs and they wanted to react quickly to that sort of thing 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.