Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Covid vaccines: Tourists head to the US to get vaccinated

Still Waters

The shortage of vaccines and slow vaccine rollouts in many parts of the world, has sparked a trend of vaccine tourism, with many tourists heading to the United States to get vaccinated.

Nearly 50% of US residents are fully vaccinated but the rates are much lower in many countries.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-58004253

The link contains a short video report.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

The shortage of vaccines and slow vaccine rollouts in many parts of the world, has sparked a trend of vaccine tourism, with many tourists heading to the United States to get vaccinated.

Nearly 50% of US residents are fully vaccinated but the rates are much lower in many countries.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-58004253

The link contains a short video report.

Well, they can probably get one easily in Texas.   Not in New Mexico where you have to make an appointment.  I don't know about the other states.

5 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't know about the other states.

In Tennessee you can walk into any pharmacy and get the shot right then and there. Grocery stores and Walmarts have pharmacies too.

• Like 3

They will need to make sure they are here a month later for the second shot to attain full immunity. Most pharmacies and stores are giving the shots here too. A lot of our stores have pharmacies in them. They were requiring appointments because they were going through the shots fast. That's slowed down some now.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, susieice said:

They will need to make sure they are here a month later for the second shot to attain full immunity. Most pharmacies and stores are giving the shots here too. A lot of our stores have pharmacies in them. They were requiring appointments because they were going through the shots fast. That's slowed down some now.

Unless they get the J&J version.   That is only one shot and seems to be as effective as the others that require two shots.

• Like 1

The greater concern is these entitled idiots carrying the variant back and spreading it where they're from...

~

• Like 2

14 hours ago, third_eye said:

The greater concern is these entitled idiots carrying the variant back and spreading it where they're from...

~

You are not worried about them bringing a new variant or spreading the current one to the U.S.?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/31/2021 at 10:35 PM, susieice said:

They will need to make sure they are here a month later for the second shot to attain full immunity.

Makes for a great vacation.  Get your shots and tour the USA.

Doug

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

You are not worried about them bringing a new variant or spreading the current one to the U.S.?

U.S. of A doesn't... The cold hard "tourism" cash gets more by giving more... 

~

2 hours ago, third_eye said:

That's odd....we've had to travel for business (no time off for our shop) through multiple states seven or eight times. I had to pack coolers full of food because there was nowhere open to eat. It was eerie how closed and deserted everything was. Much less tourist destinations. They have just recently started letting people in a few more at a time. We got a private tour of a commercial cave for regular price because you had to make reservations and only so many people were allowed in at one time.

You've never actually been here have you?

24 minutes ago, Michelle said:

You've never actually been here have you?

Nope, you haven't been looking at the other side of your disinformation networks have you? 

~

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Nope, you haven't been looking at the other side of your disinformation networks have you? 

I read about fifteen different news sources...half left and half right, unlike some people. Beyond that, I've seen it up close and personal.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I read about fifteen different news sources...half left and half right, unlike some people. Beyond that, I've seen it up close and personal.

Quarantine or no quarantine? 

What does your tourism industry board do when they pretend not to notice what the CDC cautions? 

You can only see where they lead your feet to and you only read what you want to use, that much is clear. 

Meh... The virus doesn't care every which way, close or personal... 

~

17 minutes ago, third_eye said:

What does your tourism industry board do when they pretend not to notice what the CDC cautions? 

They closed when they were told to and of the dangers. They finally started fully opening a few places about two months ago. Honestly, you have a computer. It's easy to check on it unless yours is restricted. What makes you think they didn't comply? 

Edited by Michelle
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Michelle said:

They closed when they were told to and of the dangers. They finally started fully opening a few places about two months ago. Honestly, you have a computer. It's easy to check on it unless yours is restricted. What makes you think they didn't comply? 

You're only focused on your up close and personal America, I am saying the very same thing to you, this vaccine tourism started around March on the quiet and whisper... 

Now they're openly organising tours. 

Anyways, it matters only if the virus is politicized and nationalized. 

On - off

[00.00:16]

~

18 minutes ago, third_eye said:

You're only focused on your up close and personal America, I am saying the very same thing to you, this vaccine tourism started around March on the quiet and whisper... 

July for regular tourism. We couldn't keep the borders closed forever to get the vaccine though. It was called being racist.

I do wonder where you got your information about the vaccine tourism. I know, it's in a language we wouldn't understand and there are no translations.

Edited by Michelle
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

I know, it's in a language we wouldn't understand and there are no translations.

26 May 2021 — Like many vaccine tourists, “Alex” doesn't want you to know his real ... The US, on the other hand, has no quarantine requirements and...

~
23 May 2021 — VACCINE tourism started cropping up in the US at the beginning of the ... to undergo coronavirus testing or be quarantined upon arrival...

~
Cuba, the United Arab Emirates and Florida are all offering a new twist on package-deal vacations, to say the least...

~

5 May 2021 — Bangkok tour operator, Unithai Trip, has packages from 75,000 baht to 200,000 baht ($2,400 to $6,400) for trips to San Francisco, Los Angeles ...

24 May 2021 — Social media in India and Thailand are filled with ads where package tours to the US and Russia come with COVID jabs.

31 May 2021 — Wealthy Asians are escaping COVID-19 vaccine shortages and flying thousands of miles to the US to get their life-saving jabs.

2 Mar 2021 — They're also selling trips from India to the United States. It includes a 4-day stay with a vaccine for about $2,000. But the company warns...

~

Take your time... 

~

• Like 1

14 hours ago, third_eye said:

~

Oh, I see, you aren't in the U.S. of A so you make assumptions.   

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Oh, I see, you aren't in the U.S. of A so you make assumptions.   

As well as you having your assumptions even being in the U. S. A.

How's the air o'er there? 

~

9 hours ago, third_eye said:

Take your time... 

Thank you...I guess the airlines and hotels are making money. The vaccines are free and there hasn't been anywhere to eat, especially in New York with the idiot Coumo.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Michelle said:

Thank you...

No worries... 

There's some noise going around that some are claiming to have been scammed, saying they were under the impression that they'd be issued vaccination passports upon their return. Turns out they weren't given/issued papers that are verifiable that said they were vaccinated or with which vaccine. All they had were group photos and selfies somewhere getting jabs from god knows who and what. 

And yeah, these are folks that don't speak easy the language around here. 

It'll take time to sort this one out. 

~

• Like 1