Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The NRA head and his elephant trophies

Silver

On 7/30/2021 at 2:32 PM, Myles said:

Do you go fishing?    Many people love to go fishing.  Either for the thrill of killing something or they enjoy the taste.  Mostly both I imagine.   

I wonder how serial killers think of their hobby.

Doug

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Do i believe Ted is evil? No definitely not.

But if you point a finger at someone else, expect your actions to be judged as well.

Well you didn't say Ted was evil, did you?  But, you you did parrot PETA views on recreational fishing.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Do i believe Ted is evil? No definitely not.

why not? he is tormenting animals for his own amusement, and he feels good about it,  that is a definition of evil, 

Edited by aztek

14 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Well you didn't say Ted was evil, did you?  But, you you did parrot PETA views on recreational fishing.

I fish. Both fresh and salt water. 

The only reason I would put a fish back in the water is if it was undersized. There are major penalties for taking undersized fish.

To catch and release fish, which I understand is very common in the UK, serves no purpose but enjoyment to the fisherman. 

Trophy hunting serves multiple purposes, even if the trophy hunter doesn't actually have fun during the hunt

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aztek said:

why not? he is tormenting animals for his own amusement, and he feels good about it,  that is a definition of evil, 

Perhaps he hasn't considered his actions in any meaningful way yet.

Give him a chance to respond. 

2 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

I fish. Both fresh and salt water. 

The only reason I would put a fish back in the water is if it was undersized. There are major penalties for taking undersized fish.

To catch and release fish, which I understand is very common in the UK, serves no purpose but enjoyment to the fisherman. 

Trophy hunting serves multiple purposes, even if the trophy hunter doesn't actually have fun during the hunt

Some species of fish produce eggs at rate proportional to their size.  One such species, the Dusky Flathead, is prized for its eating; but, generally only up to plate-sized.  That's why anglers themselves call for slot limits; ie, some fish are too big to take.

You've chosen not to even consider permit fees still apply to catch-and-release anglers.

I'd say recreational anglers assist building a greater knowledge base for monitoring waterways.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 5:27 PM, Golden Duck said:

Some species of fish produce eggs at rate proportional to their size.  One such species, the Dusky Flathead, is prized for its eating; but, generally only up to plate-sized.  That's why anglers themselves call for slot limits; ie, some fish are too big to take.

You've chosen not to even consider permit fees still apply to catch-and-release anglers.

I'd say recreational anglers assist building a greater knowledge base for monitoring waterways.

I would say you both have proved that trophy hunting and catch and release are pretty much the same thing.  The real only difference is the size of the animal being tortured or killed.