Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Newly released notes show Trump pressured DOJ to declare election was 'corrupt'

Vorg

Handwritten notes from former Acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue, released Friday by the House Oversight Committee, appear to show that former President Trump tried to pressure the Department of Justice to declare there was significant fraud tainting the 2020 presidential election.
The documents were obtained by the committee as part of its investigation into efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election.
The notes are from a December 27, 2020, phone call between Trump and then-Acting Attorney General Jeff Rosen.

image.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The notes themselves won't be enough, but they are plenty of reason to subpoena phone records and individuals to testify under oath.  

I think one reason Trump is believed is that normally nobody lies so brazenly.  We expect the president to be a little more circumspect and not so bumbling or blatant.   

Imagine what happens if your sister tells you that your favorite Uncle Johnny who helped buy your college books tried to cop a feel at a Thanksgiving dinner.  You call her a liar and don't believe Uncle Johnny could do anything like that.   Some people have too much invested not to believe or at least pretend to believe Uncle Donnie.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

The notes themselves won't be enough, but they are plenty of reason to subpoena phone records and individuals to testify under oath.  

I think one reason Trump is believed is that normally nobody lies so brazenly.  We expect the president to be a little more circumspect and not so bumbling or blatant.   

Imagine what happens if your sister tells you that your favorite Uncle Johnny who helped buy your college books tried to cop a feel at a Thanksgiving dinner.  You call her a liar and don't believe Uncle Johnny could do anything like that.   Some people have too much invested not to believe or at least pretend to believe Uncle Donnie.

As I understand, those phone records are recorded. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure this will go somewhere.  I mean how many times can you try and fail before you finally get lucky? :tsu:

• Like 1

This seems pretty serious. Rosen may get a pass for keeping this to himself until now, but really there might have been nothing he could do until Trump left office.  From the notes, it seems that Trump did not care if the election was corrupt, he was going to sell the steal anyway. .   He and his Republican Congressional friends would handle it.  Now here is a funny thing, Trump will rat out anybody to save his own hide, so if he gets cornered, he will blame all of his Republican Congressional friends for convincing him to do this.  

Some have tried to say this was not a coup because  the insurrectionists were clowns.  But since Trump knew the election was not fraudulent and he was planning to keep power anyway by lying to supporters, it qualifies as a coup I think..  It also explains why so many incompetents participated, Trump was running it.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, aztek said:

it WAS corrupt. 

How many times have you guys tried to prove that and failed utterly with providing ANY evidence whatsoever? I lost count around 70.

• Like 3

On 7/30/2021 at 9:33 PM, Tatetopa said:

The notes themselves won't be enough

Trump has admitted he said it.

Donald Trump insisted on Saturday that when he told senior justice department officials to “Just say that the election was corrupt [and] leave the rest to me”, he was not attempting to subvert US democracy, but to “uphold the integrity and honesty of elections and the sanctity of our vote”.

https://theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jul/31/trump-election-corrupt-claim-doj-fruad

• Like 2

• The topic was locked

Please note that several off-topic posts were relocated to a new thread, here.

Keep this one on topic, please.

Thanks in advance,

Tiggs
[Forum Mod Team]

• The topic was unlocked