Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
South Alabam

Congress Weighing Ban on Recurring Donations, Could Further Hurt Trump PAC's Monthly Haul

Recommended Posts

South Alabam

The Federal Election Commission (FEC) has pressed for Congress to ban "prechecked recurring donation boxes" from campaign fundraising, a move that could have a negative effect on the efforts of former President Trump's political action committees (PAC), Mediaite reports.

While most of these prechecked options involved making repeat donations, some were also employed that doubled the amount of the initial donation. Many donors interviewed by the Times said they were unaware that they had donated more than once to Trump's campaign. Once these tactics came to light, the campaign had to issue nearly $123 million in refunds after donors made fraud claims to their banks and credit card companies.

Congress Weighing Ban on Recurring Donations, Could Further Hurt Trump PAC's Monthly Haul (msn.com)

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Sir Wearer of Hats

Will this be applied to everyone, or is it just another attempt to “have a go at” the BOM? because, if it is applied to all it’s a great idea. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam
13 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Will this be applied to everyone, or is it just another attempt to “have a go at” the BOM? because, if it is applied to all it’s a great idea. 

It appears to be everyone. Unsure if anyone else used the tactic, but it is all Trump's people have done when creating these PAC's. Unethical, to say the least.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
37 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

It appears to be everyone. Unsure if anyone else used the tactic, but it is all Trump's people have done when creating these PAC's. Unethical, to say the least.

This is a must, the entire concept is intentional deception. This is something none of our political parties should be involved in, in my opinion it criminal!:yes: 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Will this be applied to everyone, or is it just another attempt to “have a go at” the BOM*? because, if it is applied to all it’s a great idea. 

* for those not in the know, BOM is an acronym for "Big / Orange / Man".

I prefer however BOMB, the "Big Orange Man Baby'.

Because he is, "the Bomb".

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
11 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

* for those not in the know, BOM is an acronym for "Big / Orange / Man".

I prefer however BOMB, the "Big Orange Man Baby'.

Because he is, "the Bomb".

I prefer frequent Flyer!:lol:

5A3E44EC-4395-4726-91DD-52D46EF3B294-7628-0000123148C53BD1.jpg

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
58 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I prefer frequent Flyer!:lol:

5A3E44EC-4395-4726-91DD-52D46EF3B294-7628-0000123148C53BD1.jpg

 

Manwon, you're just jealous because he's got hair and you're not Elvis!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa

I think he looks more like Jimmy Neutron than Elvis.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
40 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

Manwon, you're just jealous because he's got hair and you're not Elvis!

 

 

No there is jealous involved Will, I am certainly not Elvis, but that thing on Trump head certainly isn't hair either!! :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
28 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I think he looks more like Jimmy Neutron than Elvis.

He does have that Jimmy Neutron look!:lol:

Because Trump certainly is a cartoon character!:tu:

232092B5-57D3-4424-B924-F26DB2B4F2DC-7628-0000123F9A1FF0BA.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa

Kind of sad that we are still dealing with Trump while China is replacing us in Afghanistan, threatening Taiwan, setting up to choose the next Dalai Lama, building a missile silo complex,  and put up a space station.   Even if we were united, they will be a challenge until we work things out.  Now we deal from a position of weakness.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Kind of sad that we are still dealing with Trump while China is replacing us in Afghanistan, threatening Taiwan, setting up to choose the next Dalai Lama, building a missile silo complex,  and put up a space station.   Even if we were united, they will be a challenge until we work things out.  Now we deal from a position of weakness.

I don't see things the same way, I am glad our soldiers are leaving Afghanistan so I see that as a plus. As far as threatening Taiwan, I don't see them doing anything more than that. So long as the United States guarantees defense of Taiwan China in my opinion will not jump. If China and the United States go to war, it can not be a conventional conflict and again in my opinion China doesn't a none conventional conflict anymore than the US does.

As far as the Dalai Lama is concerned, anyone they put in place will be nothing but a figure head. To this day the Tibetan people still support the currently Dalai Lama in their hearts and minds. The traditions of Tibetan Buddhism go back more than 1000 years, in succession from Dalai Lamas. According to Tibetan Buddhist beliefs the present Dalai Lama picks the locate and the vessel for his reincarnation based upon Tibetan Buddhist beliefs. 

So I don't see us as trailing the Chinese and I don't view us as better than Chinese. In my opinion there is no necessary comparison or competition in the reality, because do to the changes that are coming fast, we are all going to need each other. Our world is changing and in my opinion global warming and all the natural issues that are becoming  clear are going to overwhelm all Nations. This Pandemic is only a wake up call much worst is coming, I believe this will create some majorvchanges for all Nations.

JIMO

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
The Silver Shroud
4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Kind of sad that we are still dealing with Trump while China is replacing us in Afghanistan, threatening Taiwan, setting up to choose the next Dalai Lama, building a missile silo complex,  and put up a space station.   Even if we were united, they will be a challenge until we work things out.  Now we deal from a position of weakness.

That is what Populism does to a nation (and maybe its aim).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Autochthon1990
5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Kind of sad that we are still dealing with Trump while China is replacing us in Afghanistan, threatening Taiwan, setting up to choose the next Dalai Lama, building a missile silo complex,  and put up a space station.   Even if we were united, they will be a challenge until we work things out.  Now we deal from a position of weakness.

Its less replacing and "have fun its your problem now, *******s!"

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
9 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I don't see things the same way, I am glad our soldiers are leaving Afghanistan so I see that as a plus.

Thanks, well said, I am also glad our troops are leaving.   As for Taiwan, I hope you are right.

As for the rest, the competition is really amongst ourselves.  Not only China, but the rest of the world is struggling to progress and boost standards of living with technology.  You are right we will need each other to survive.   Half our population seems to want to drag their feet and anchor us somewhere in a past we can never recapture.  Then they want to blame anybody but themselves for the problems they create.

Just my opinion, but I think there is something more going on  that many of the nations of the world face:  the concentration of wealth and the disillusionment of young people. Even in China, Taiwan, and Japan, paragons of industriousness  young people are deciding not to buy in to the dream sold by the ruling parties.  In Europe and America we see it too. 

I don't believe in conspiracies so much, but I do believe in natural laws even in economics.  As water flows downhill and into the sea, so money flows to the greatest concentration.   The Democrats and Republicans have different approaches, but neither party wants to slow that flow.  They want to swim in that sea of wealth.  They have slightly different approaches.  The Democrats want to sprinkle a little water on parched land to give the appearance of sharing the wealth.  The Republicans want to tell the farmers its their own fault the crops won't grow. 

We build dams on rivers to  generate power provide irrigation, and control floods.  They increase the prosperity of society.  It does not rob from the ocean, the water still flows into the sea, it just takes a little longer and does some useful work along the way.  We will never end the concentration of wealth either, but we can slow it down and have it do a little work for a lot more people along the way.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Thanks, well said, I am also glad our troops are leaving.   As for Taiwan, I hope you are right.

As for the rest, the competition is really amongst ourselves.  Not only China, but the rest of the world is struggling to progress and boost standards of living with technology.  You are right we will need each other to survive.   Half our population seems to want to drag their feet and anchor us somewhere in a past we can never recapture.  Then they want to blame anybody but themselves for the problems they create.

Just my opinion, but I think there is something more going on  that many of the nations of the world face:  the concentration of wealth and the disillusionment of young people. Even in China, Taiwan, and Japan, paragons of industriousness  young people are deciding not to buy in to the dream sold by the ruling parties.  In Europe and America we see it too. 

I don't believe in conspiracies so much, but I do believe in natural laws even in economics.  As water flows downhill and into the sea, so money flows to the greatest concentration.   The Democrats and Republicans have different approaches, but neither party wants to slow that flow.  They want to swim in that sea of wealth.  They have slightly different approaches.  The Democrats want to sprinkle a little water on parched land to give the appearance of sharing the wealth.  The Republicans want to tell the farmers its their own fault the crops won't grow. 

We build dams on rivers to  generate power provide irrigation, and control floods.  They increase the prosperity of society.  It does not rob from the ocean, the water still flows into the sea, it just takes a little longer and does some useful work along the way.  We will never end the concentration of wealth either, but we can slow it down and have it do a little work for a lot more people along the way.  

Now that was very well said! I totally agree that both Political Parties are in this for themselves and I also agree with the problem concerning the distribution of wealth. But I don't see any way to fix the problems without a revolution and in that event the changes could be worst than the cause that created it. Even then I believe that while the distribution could change from the current flow, the over all distribution would really only change hands and not fix the problem.

I really don't know what the answer is, and my time here is coming to an end. Hopefully the next generation will develop new views and through that find a better solution to these issues.

Peace Tate.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.