Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Manwon Lender

Research Shows Cell Aging Can Be Slowed by Oxidants

Recommended Posts

Manwon Lender

At high concentrations, reactive oxygen species — known as oxidants — are harmful to cells in all organisms and have been linked to aging. But a study from Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, has now shown that low levels of the oxidant hydrogen peroxide can stimulate an enzyme that helps slow down the aging of yeast cells.

Now we have found a new function of Tsa1,” says Cecilia Picazo, postdoctoral researcher at the Division of Systems and Synthetic Biology at Chalmers. “Previously, we thought that this enzyme simply neutralizes reactive oxygen species. But now we have shown that Tsa1 actually requires a certain amount of hydrogen peroxide to be triggered in order to participate in the process of slowing down the aging of yeast cells.”

https://scitechdaily.com/research-shows-cell-aging-can-be-slowed-by-oxidants/

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
razman

Damn i'm gonna run out and get a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and start guzzling it . :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye

Some just never learn to learn... 

Quote
victorian makeup poison from www.thecut.com
 
17 Dec 2013 — Lead has a long and alarming history as a makeup ingredient (and indeed, ... People who used lead-based products poisoned themselves ...
 
 
 
victorian makeup poison from www.globalfounders.london
 
17 May 2017 — What would future eras say about our current toxic beauty industry? ... Arsenic-laced lotion during the Victorian Era and post-Civil War era ...

~

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
2 hours ago, razman said:

Damn i'm gonna run out and get a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and start guzzling it . :D

Please don't, you will blow a hole in pants and God only knows what will fly out. :lol: But, this could lead to some very interesting end results. While, this is only the very beginning of a major scientific breakthrough. When you consider that they are talking about complete cell regeneration back to a young beginning State. If this has no long term ill effects, the possibilities are truely endless and that I'd a bit frightening at least to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jethrofloyd

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

At high concentrations, reactive oxygen species — known as oxidants — are harmful to cells in all organisms and have been linked to aging. But a study from Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, has now shown that low levels of the oxidant hydrogen peroxide can stimulate an enzyme that helps slow down the aging of yeast cells.

Now we have found a new function of Tsa1,” says Cecilia Picazo, postdoctoral researcher at the Division of Systems and Synthetic Biology at Chalmers. “Previously, we thought that this enzyme simply neutralizes reactive oxygen species. But now we have shown that Tsa1 actually requires a certain amount of hydrogen peroxide to be triggered in order to participate in the process of slowing down the aging of yeast cells.”

https://scitechdaily.com/research-shows-cell-aging-can-be-slowed-by-oxidants/

 

Slow down, its petri dish research.

One of the problems with fruit and veg based antioxidants (which those selling pills dont point out) is most of them cannot make it through the human gut intact. How does one propose increase to hydrogen peroxide via diet?

Also, if we take a drug to boost it in our bodies then it also causes grey hair and is pro-inflammatory before cells upscale their anti-inflammatory pathways to offset it.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2

This is interesting with all the antioxidant craze now in days. 

If oxidation is shown to be useful than it shows once again that balance is key.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
8 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Slow down, its petri dish research.

One of the problems with fruit and veg based antioxidants (which those selling pills dont point out) is most of them cannot make it through the human gut intact. How does one propose increase to hydrogen peroxide via diet?

Also, if we take a drug to boost it in our bodies then it also causes grey hair and is pro-inflammatory before cells upscale their anti-inflammatory pathways to offset it.

Look Cookie Monster, this is just another break through discovery in cell research. The other day I posted another one that has enabled researchers to discover a new method using stem cell research that over comes a barrier that regrow inner ear sensory cells to a possible new born state which could easily correct most hearing loss issues. These research projects and many more that have never been published are pushing the envelope of aging.

Thanks for your post, but if your really interested maybe you should stay up to date because new discoveries are happening at an accelerated rate?

 https://scitechdaily.com/stem-cell-scientists-explore-the-latent-regenerative-potential-of-the-inner-ear/

7 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

This is interesting with all the antioxidant craze now in days. 

If oxidation is shown to be useful than it shows once again that balance is key.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender

Cookie Monster you prove day after day that ignorance must certainly be blissful!:tu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.