Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sky News Australia banned from YouTube for seven days over Covid misinformation

Still Waters

On 8/7/2021 at 1:26 AM, Cookie Monster said:

They are back on Youtube:

On 8/2/2021 at 3:46 PM, Cookie Monster said:

Sky News Australia is quite right wing.

I suspect someone has gone hunting through all their YouTube content desperately looking for things to complain about. I suspect after the 7 day ban then they will zero in on all its anti-LGBT content and ban them again. For those who dont know, its presenters often mock them on live air. Along with immigrants, and everything else that would wind wokes up into a frenzy.

:huh:

On 8/2/2021 at 1:08 AM, Likely Guy said:

I thought that was a "gimme".

You'd think, huh?  I wonder when YT concluded that the CDC was putting out "fake news"?  I saw that referenced a couple of days ago but I can't find it now.  The excuse they used when they flip-flopped on the decision was the "rapidly changing" flow of new data...

• Like 1

Sky News Australia removes Covid misinformation clips

Sky News Australia has removed dozens of videos from its websites, after YouTube suspended the channel for spreading Covid misinformation.

The conservative TV network, owned by Rupert Murdoch, has been criticised for promoting conspiracies and questioning public health orders in its broadcasts.

In recent days it has taken down about 30 videos without explanation or making corrections.

Sky News Australia has declined to comment.

Sky News Australia removes Covid misinformation clips - BBC News

Edited by Ted E Hughes
  • Haha 4

Quite honestly, I don't think crazy has any borders. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Ted E Hughes said:

Serious question: is it always the right wing that supports conspiracy theories, or is that my misperception?

African Americans and Natives who are hard Left come up with some winners too. NOA (Nation of Islam), the various Moorish Science branches and AIM ( American Indian Movement) have some ideas that are way out there. Alternative medicine and history cranks who are hard Left also come up with some serious insanity. Such as followers of Edgar Cayce's ARE. 

Crazy has no borders. 

Tulsi Gabbard 2025!!!!!  Moderation is the key!!!

• Like 2

Imagine if CNN and MSNBC had to search their archives for misinformation and remove it.  They would be left with about 5%.  ;)

censor.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ted E Hughes said:

Serious question: is it always the right wing that supports conspiracy theories, or is that my misperception?

I believe it's a misconception, stupidity knows no political party or movement. I think that kind of foolishness can be contrived by anyone who wishes to be intentionally deceptive and in the process using that course of action to forward a cause. :D

22 minutes ago, TigerBright19 said:

Imagine if CNN and MSNBC had to search their archives for misinformation and remove it.  They would be left with about 5%.  ;)

censor.png

Thank you for presenting proof of concept on how Conspiracy Theories can be started by anyone who chooses to be intentionally deceptive, good job!:tu:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TigerBright19 said:

censor.png

Did you read the OP?

What do you think of their personalities such as Graham Richardson and Mark Latham?

Do you think it was part of an undertaking ACMA?

And, commenting on your picture, how do you think Foxtel handle your hypothetical scenario?

• Haha 2