Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has anyone ever seen Blue Clouds?

Grim Reaper 6

Tonight here in South Korea, I saw what I choose to call a whether Phenomenon or some kind of light refraction I have never seen before. We had thunderstorms today, and as evening approached I saw Blue Clouds for the first time in my life. The clouds were directly east of where the Sunset would take place about an hour later. I have taken Photos, I dont know how they will turn out yet but I will post them when I can resize them. 

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Does anyone know what would cause this to occur?

Thanks in advance for any information you may be able to provide!:tu:

@Manwon Lender, there’s a type of high altitude cloud which appears blue, and around the time of day you saw it. 
I don’t remember the name, but I’ll have a look.

Edit: Could it have been this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noctilucent_cloud

(Google image search noctilucent cloud for some cool images). 

Edited by Timothy
Edit.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Timothy said:

@Manwon Lender, there’s a type of high altitude cloud which appears blue, and around the time of day you saw it. 

Edit: Could it have been this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noctilucent_cloud

Thanks for your reply Timothy, however, these clouds were not high altitude they around 5000 feet based upon the mountain range that they were above. I am currently having some difficulty resizing the photos, as soon as I get it done, I will mention you so you can see them. If you find any information, I would appreciate it if you would post it. 

Thanks my friend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We've seen blue clouds in the desert many times. . and green, and gold, and red, and purple..and everything in between.   Usually in the morning or evening.    I think it has to do with the moisture content and the angle of light...from your viewing perspective.     ( similar with a rainbow ) ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lightly said:

We've seen blue clouds in the desert many times. . and green, and gold, and red, and purple..and everything in between.   Usually in the morning or evening.    I think it has to do with the moisture content and the angle of light...from your viewing perspective.     ( similar with a rainbow ) ?

Thanks for your post, and the information. I should have photos posted tomorrow!

Peace. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lightly said:

This is the best I was able to do, the clouds actually had more Blue color in them I am sorry this is the best I am able too do!! 

Thanks for your questions, and the information you both provided I am grateful!! :tu: 

18 hours ago, Timothy said:

Blue Sky .JPG

• Like 3

If you see green clouds you better be looking for shelter. Usually indicates hail and possibly a tornado on the way.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

If you see green clouds you better be looking for shelter. Usually indicates hail and possibly a tornado on the way.

I actually lived through a F-4 in 1967 or 1967 in St. Louis County. I didn't see Green clouds but, light was a color I have never seen before and when the baseball sized hail start coming down breaking car windows, I ran for ove. We went down in our basement, that dam storm sounded like. Freight train was coming through the house. 

Man, I can sill remember it like it was yesterday!:yes:

Thanks for :tu:your comments!

18 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm waiting to see mushroom clouds.

Well I doubt that will ever happen, because mushrooms don't grow in clouds!:lol: In addition if there is ever a Nuclear War you m see any Mushroom Clouds anyway!:yes:

Could it have been a Nimbus cloud?

Screenshot_20210804-053756_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

Could it have been a Nimbus cloud?

Screenshot_20210804-053756_Chrome.jpg

Not sure but it looks like a cloud i filmed back in 2013 on time lapse 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 1:28 AM, XenoFish said:

I'm waiting to see mushroom clouds.

Here's one, a cumulonimbus cloud: