Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

19 House Democrats call on Capitol physician to mandate vaccines

OverSword

A group of 19 House Democrats is calling on the Capitol physician to start mandating that lawmakers and staff on Capitol Hill be vaccinated against COVID-19 or be subject to testing at least twice per week.

In a letter to the Capitol physician released on Wednesday, the Democratic lawmakers argued that "unique factors," such as the frequent travel among members of Congress who hail from all corners of the country, make people who work in the Capitol complex more at risk of exposure to COVID-19.

"In addition to being Members of Congress who walk these halls and rely on your guidance to keep our workplace safe, we are also the managers of teams of dedicated staff members, some of whom are immunocompromised or have other health issues that leave them extraordinarily vulnerable to COVID-19. We feel the utmost responsibility to prioritize the safety of our staff, just as any employer should feel towards those who report to them," the Democrats, led by Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (Mo.), wrote in the letter to Brian Monahan, the attending physician.

Link

• Thanks 1

As usual the headline is misleading. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

As usual the headline is misleading. 

Not my headline got it from The Hill, but yes it is.

• Like 1

I figured it would be about mandating it  'on the hill '.     .. I won't give away the punchline..  ;)

• Haha 1

Ok, I'll give away the punchline (it's right there in OverSword's posted info bite). .  Vaccines  OR  Bi-weekly testing .   That Choice may be mandated.

Sort of like a place of employment offering the choice of Vaccine  OR  the Door.

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lightly said:

Ok, I'll give away the punchline (it's right there in OverSword's posted info bite). .  Vaccines  OR  Bi-weekly testing .   That Choice may be mandated.

Sort of like a place of employment offering the choice of Vaccine  OR  the Door.

Well, if your sinus' are in good shape bi-weekly testing might not be so bad.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Well, if your sinus' are in good shape bi-weekly testing might not be so bad.

For awhile, when the pandemic numbers were worse, I had to be tested periodically with the 'GAG' test.   Nurse said she knew she'd  hit the right spot  then :P

• Haha 2

I really hope that in thirty years, antivaxxers are looked at in the history books the same way Food Hoarders and wasteful people where back during the World Wars. We've got to start learning from the assery of yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Autochthon1990 said:

I really hope that in thirty years, antivaxxers are looked at in the history books the same way Food Hoarders and wasteful people where back during the World Wars. We've got to start learning from the assery of yesterday. 

I was out today, tending to some personal business and while stopped by my pharmacy saw a customer who had just received the jab being loaded into an ambulance.  The numbers of people who are having negative outcomes up to and including DEATH from these vaccines being reported through VAERS - not exactly known for shilling or "assery" - are in record numbers.  Yes, when compared with % of doses administered the % are still extremely small.  AS ARE THE DEATHS from C-19 and its variants.  

Politicizing medical decisions and giving any government the right to decide for you is a mistake that WILL haunt YOU someday, as well.  

6 minutes ago, and then said:

The numbers of people who are having negative outcomes

There is a reason they ask you to wait at least fifteen minutes before you leave after the shot.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 4:48 PM, Michelle said:

There is a reason they ask you to wait at least fifteen minutes before you leave after the shot.

I had a regularly scheduled health check today and my doc asked me if I'd had the vaccine.  I said no, and we began an extended and eventually, animated conversation about the vaccines.  It was disturbing to see a person whose knowledge and experience I had respected, raising his voice, cutting me off while I was trying to ask a question, and then making a couple of mind-blowing claims that an educated professional in medicine would NEVER believe.

He even did a little appeal to shame and my "duty" to those around me who were "dying".  Apparently, he lost 3 patients over the last two weeks.  All unvaccinated, all over 65.  He didn't mention their history of co-morbidities so as far as I know they could have been life-long smokers who were obese and insulin-dependent.  OR, maybe they were perfectly healthy and the "Rona" just had their number for reasons of its own.  When he began to sidle up to the point of trying to connect my attitude with their deaths, I had to shut him down.

He claimed, with a straight face, that the VAERS voluntary reporting tool that had reported 11 thousand vaccine related deaths, was "wrong" and that a total of S I X people had died after receiving the jab and that they were all female and all had a history of clotting disorder.  That staggered me, frankly, but he delivered the Coup De Grace when he claimed those 6 deaths were from a vaccinated population of 330 million Americans.  THAT is a Biden-level mangling of the truth.  This guy had always seemed very polite and professional until he became a true believer.

• Confused 1

On 8/5/2021 at 4:05 PM, Autochthon1990 said:

You probably won't be alive in 30 years.