Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Farm pesticides killing more bees

Silver

Farm pesticides killing more bees - study

Agricultural pesticides sold to farmers ready-mixed into "cocktails" can kill twice as many bees, according to an analysis of 90 studies.

Each measured the impact of environmental stresses such as pesticides and poor nutrition.

Researchers used that data to quantify how combinations of those stresses affected the pollinating insects.

And they say commercial formulas, which contain multiple chemicals, should now require their own licences.

Farm pesticides killing more bees - study - BBC News

Edited by Ted E Hughes
  • Sad 3

I've noticed an uptick in the bee population where I am.   The past 10 or so years.  I contribute it to the start of the beekeeping hobby.  

Just my guess.

Haven't seen many honey bees or yellow jackets. Lots and lots of fireflies though. I'd love to see the blue ghost fireflies in North Carolina sometime.

Yeah, I remember no one in their right mind would walk in clover barefoot for fear of stepping on one, they were so numerous. Now, you don't see bees, June Bugs or even Japanese Beetles much, anymore.