Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Full picture of Trump's attempted coup

jeceris

Trump sure did try everything to get the election overturned, and it was all pretty much a federal crime every time.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/the-full-picture-of-trumps-attempted-coup-is-only-starting-to-emerge/ar-AAMZevP?ocid=hplocalnews&li=AAggFp5

Edited by Tiggs
Edited derogatory name in title and post
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Woven together, they show that Trump's assault on democracy, which looks more and more like an attempted coup, was even more reckless and insistent than previously thought.

Pretty run of the mill Trump derangement fodder. It’s all hinged on the master-stroke of Trump commanding his brainwashed minions to attack the Capitol. Apparently the coup theory requires the belief that once Trump had a couple hundred random people running amok in the Capital the entire country would collapse and he would fill the void as orange ruler supreme. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Pretty run of the mill Trump derangement fodder. 

Nothing was "run of the mill" or "random" about what happened on January 6th.  Perhaps you'd like to believe that, so you can stop kissing that bloody ring. 

How does it taste, btw?  

Google in quotation marks: "The smell of iron in her blood"

See if that leads you to anywhere familiar.

Nothing was "run of the mill" or "random," as it relates to removing Donald Trump.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Pretty run of the mill Trump derangement fodder. It’s all hinged on the master-stroke of Trump commanding his brainwashed minions to attack the Capitol. Apparently the coup theory requires the belief that once Trump had a couple hundred random people running amok in the Capital the entire country would collapse and he would fill the void as orange ruler supreme. 

Yea I agree with you a coupe doesn't actually describe the crime committed. The proper term is Insurrection and by interrupting Congress during the electoral vote certification Insurrection was committed. This according to the  Constitution and The Insurrection Act of 1807 and 18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection. 

So while you play it down, there is no doubt the crime above was committed.:yes:

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Nothing was "run of the mill" or "random" about what happened on January 6th.  Perhaps you'd like to believe that, so you can stop kissing that bloody ring. 

How does it taste, btw?  

Google in quotation marks: "The smell of iron in her blood"

See if that leads you to anywhere familiar.

Welp, I got excited for a second then I did what you said and now I’m kind of unimpressed. First I Googled what you said to, nothing really stood out to me, Then I realize you specified to use quotation marks (genius) so I tried again, still nothing jumping out at me. So finally I copied and pasted exactly what you typed in case I my thumbs have had to much to drink. Google came up with about three results.

I have a screen shot of the Google results but it’s too big to upload to UM. I’m on iPad and apparently need a way to adjust the size of image to be UM friendly. suggestions are welcome. 

Top post was to a book called “Transmissions To Titan”. That books Amazon description starts with -

In the year 2052: memories are uploaded, robots are taking over the workforce, 

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yea I agree with you a coupe doesn't actually describe the crime committed. The proper term is Insurrection and by interrupting Congress during the electoral vote certification Insurrection was committed. This according to the  Constitution and The Insurrection Act of 1807 and 18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection. 

So while you play it down, there is no doubt the crime above was committed.:yes:

No you don’t agree with me. There was no crime committed. Trump is not responsible for the 6th any more than Democrats are responsible for the Damages and lives lost due to the BLM riots, 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

No you don’t agree with me. There was no crime committed. Trump is not responsible for the 6th any more than Democrats are responsible for the Damages and lives lost due to the BLM riots, 

Well, that what this 6 Jan 2021 committee will determine. While I am fully aware that Trump will never be charged, simple because the US has an F-Up Policy where they don't prosecute firmer Presidents all of Trumps fellow conspirators are not exempt, like my pillow man, Giuliani, Trumps son, and the other idiots who intentionally pumped up the crowd. But, whether Trump is ever charged or not doesn't matter, because his actions can get all the other convicted and inprisoned.

Once those idots fired up that crowd, Trump took over and literally told his base to move to the Capital and let them know how you feel. Trump tells them he will meet them there so that they carry on the rallie instead he go's back to the White House and watch the events unfold And he wiould not lift a finger to do anything about it. Instead he watched TV where he was happy happy that his base attacked the Capital. 

So yes there was a crime committed and hopefully Trump Son and the others will receive some prison time that would be poetic  justice.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Well, that what this 6 Jan 2021 committee will determine. While I am fully aware that Trump will never be charged, simple because the US has an F-Up Policy where they don't prosecute firmer Presidents all of Trumps fellow conspirators are not exempt, like my pillow man, Giuliani, Trumps son, and the other idiots who intentionally pumped up the crowd. But, whether Trump is ever charged or not doesn't matter, because his actions can get all the other convicted and inprisoned.

Once those idots fired up that crowd, Trump took over and literally told his base to move to the Capital and let them know how you feel. Trump tells them he will meet them there so that they carry on the rallie instead he go's back to the White House and watch the events unfold And he wiould not lift a finger to do anything about it. Instead he watched TV where he was happy happy that his base attacked the Capital. 

So yes there was a crime committed and hopefully Trump Son and the others will receive some prison time that would be poetic  justice.

So you are right but you explain away the future obvious outcome because we have a “F-up policy” where we don’t prosecute former presidents. Didn’t Democrats get the memo about that policy? 

23 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

So you are right but you explain away the future obvious outcome because we have a “F-up policy” where we don’t prosecute former presidents. Didn’t Democrats get the memo about that policy? 

Well obviously I am right because your unable to explain it away. 

Oh and by the way if you try to I will post sources that prove your wrong!;)

So carry on there bubba!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Well obviously I am right because your unable to explain it away. 

My ability to explain things isn’t an earmark of truth. Anyway, I can explain it away. Your conclusion is wrong. Trump won’t be prosecuted because he isn’t guilty, not because there’s a policy to not prosecute former presidents. 

Your premise is also kind of nonsensical. If there is this policy what’s the purpose of the 6th commission? Why are Democrats saying Trump should be in prison? Are they lying? Or just unaware of the policy? 

Seems like if Democrats know Trump won’t be prosecuted then there are more constructive ways they could be spending their time and our money.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

By trump?

Back in late October I posted exactly the way the election would go down in the discontinued political forum.

If Trump was winning by the end of the night in some states, he would demand counting of the ballots seize, even though the mail in ballots would take longer to count by hand making the election results delayed.

And that is exactly what Trump did, even taking the issue to the Supreme court in an effort to overturn several states.

Trump knew counting those ballots would take longer than the one day we have set aside for elections, but he didn't care. He was willing to disenfranchise millions of voters in an effort to win at any cost.

So he started telling the truth about what happened for example such as, "I was up at the end of the night, and in the morning Biden was winning."

These might be truths, but having what happened explained to him became the lie.

The mail in counting continued throughout the night or subsequent days and Biden pulled ahead in a few states.

And Trump has every since, told everything but the truth of a stolen election.

And several battleground states have restricted mail in ballots at the behest of Trump.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, el midgetron said:

It’s all hinged on the master-stroke of Trump commanding his brainwashed minions to attack the Capitol. Apparently the coup theory requires the belief that once Trump had a couple hundred random people running amok in the Capital the entire country would collapse and he would fill the void as orange ruler supreme. 

Nope.  He is a psychopath, not an idiot.

As in a chess game, the insurrectionists were pawns. If they took out opposing pieces, all the better.  If they were sacrifices, no big deal. In either case they kept the base energized and showed his power to possible challengers. A brilliant feint with multiple purposes..

I don't think Trump's call and Giuliani's follow up to Ukraine was the start of the coup, just a political dirty trick.  But it showed his grasp of using the internet as a weapon. Trump may be the first world leader to recognize the incredible power of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.  It is a perfect platform for mass transmission of statements that require no basis in truth. He realized that early on. Credit to him.  The pattern that was recorded when Rudy  told Ukrainian officials  that it was unnecessary  to find anything  but to just say they had started an investigation was repeated several times afterwards.  Trump recognized the power of rumor and insinuation spread widely and quickly.  it can outweigh truth.  Even a Ukrainian statement that they had investigated the Bidens and found no wrongdoing would not have counteracted the Twitter storm of rumors over them being investigated.  

Groundwork for the coup was being laid in October 2020 in a serious way.   Trump's statement that the only way he could lose would be if the election was rigged  began to set expectations among his followers. 

The calls he made to Georgia and Arizona and perhaps other states were attempts to advance that argument of fraud and overturn the election  He was right in his estimation of internet power.  All of his own administration officials and all state officials that declared an honest and fair election verified by audits were discounted as lies by his followers.

His now public attempts to get the DOJ  to say  the election was corrupt without any evidence furthered his coup attempt.  He was correct in his assumption.  If they had done so, he and his Republican friends in Congress could have finished the job and negated the election.. Trump is tenacious, never forgives, has always been a counter puncher and may be desperate.   It is not over yet.

• Like 3

Trump is as deranged as they get.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

As in a chess game, the insurrectionists were pawns. If they took out opposing pieces, all the better.  If they were sacrifices, no big deal. In either case they kept the base energized and showed his power to possible challengers. A brilliant feint with multiple purposes..

Wow!  You are giving him way too much credit.  He's not that bright nor does he think that deeply.  I'll bet he's a terrible chess player.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Wow!  You are giving him way too much credit.  He's not that bright nor does he think that deeply.  I'll bet he's a terrible chess player.

He shares one quality with all brilliant chess players.  He knows that every piece is  expendable except the king.  Being bright as we usually think about it; common knowledge, awareness, shared logic may not apply.  I wager he could not do either of our jobs. 

Maybe he is not a champion chess player.  I don't think he expected his bishop, AG Barr to fall out of the game before the final stroke.  He did make a backup plan with Rosen, and that failed as well.  His third gambit with Jeffrey Clark  was a good one but Clark was too weak and there were still to many resistant in the DOJ to carry it off.

I would agree that Trump would probably think a real game of chess would be pointless and a waste of time. Chess began as a strategy game to hone the skills of generalship for war.  Trump used business for that purpose.  

• Like 5

Simple fact. Trump is responsible for Jan. 6 .    He whipped a number of his more 'suceptible' worshippers into a frenzy with all of his claims and inflammatory commentary .   I saw an old clip of him this morning SAYING ..to a crowd ..  'WE have to FIGHT"   And telling them they had to "GO TO WASHINGTON". and that ..."I'LL BE WITH YOU".  ....so they went...he didn't.

The whole event was pathetically ridiculous..even if quite violent.  There was no real danger of the nation being overthrown to install King Donald .   Even 'his' Vice President ,Mike Pence, wasn't going to let that happen.   He either did, or would have, called out the national guard to put down the insurrection.

Edited by lightly
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, lightly said:

Simple fact. Trump is responsible for Jan. 6 .    He whipped a number of his more 'suceptible' worshippers into a frenzy with all of his claims and inflammatory commentary .   I saw an old clip of him this morning SAYING ..to a crowd ..  'WE have to FIGHT"   And telling them they had to "GO TO WASHINGTON". and that ..."I'LL BE WITH YOU".  ....so they went...he didn't.

The whole event was pathetically ridiculous..even if quite violent.  There was no real danger of the nation being overthrown to install King Donald .   Even 'his' Vice President ,Mike Pence, wasn't going to let that happen.   He either did, or would have, called out the national guard to put down the insurrection.

Exactly. He whipped them up by saying, "If you don't fight you won't have a republic anymore" and "we're not going to let that happen" "this is what this is all about" and all the other rhetoric of the day. 

And then he said: "I want you to march down there and peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard." Or something like that, in an attempt to cover his ass, yet knowing damn well what they were going to do. And they did it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Actually, the coup started long before then. Back when Trump was trying to get people to change the vote results.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Actually, the coup started long before then. Back when Trump was trying to get people to change the vote results.

I would say even further back (May / Jun 20) when polls showed he would lose and he claimed that,  if he lost it would be because the election was rigged. 

he knew then he would lose and he spent the remaining time trying to convince the gullible that a loss could only happen by rigging of the election. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, el midgetron said:

No, it’s terribly clever. If you fail it’s a few lunatics causing havoc. Not Trump’s fault. No ones fault except the lunatics. But if they succeed? Brave patriots. Heroes of the new Trumpublic. Inspired by the Great Man Himself(tm). 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

I would say even further back (May / Jun 20) when polls showed he would lose and he claimed that,  if he lost it would be because the election was rigged. 

he knew then he would lose and he spent the remaining time trying to convince the gullible that a loss could only happen by rigging of the election. 

Not to mention it was the same rhetoric of a "rigged election", "massive fraud", "illegal voters" that we heard in 2016, and then he won, and didn't challenge a single state, or claim fraud by any, like he did last year. Only states he lost to had fraud. (According to Trump) Such unbridled arrogance.

Spoken like a true con man to the masses of gullible.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

No, it’s terribly clever. If you fail it’s a few lunatics causing havoc. Not Trump’s fault. No ones fault except the lunatics. But if they succeed? Brave patriots. Heroes of the new Trumpublic. Inspired by the Great Man Himself(tm). 

True. He uses people, then discards them. His Jan 6th speech praised Giuliani. Now he won't even speak to him, or pay him. I suppose because he is a loser, than couldn't make the loser a winner.

Edited by South Alabam

9 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

True. He uses people, then discards them. His Jan 6th speech praised Giuliani. Now he won't even speak to him, or pay him. I suppose because he is a loser, than couldn't make the loser a winner.

Yesterday -----> 

20210806_154615.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2