Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Full picture of Trump's attempted coup

jeceris

6 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Your earlier post was saying that Wikipedia shouldn't be used recursively.

Because of the prevalence of misinformation on Wikipedia, it is not considered an acceptable source.  It is, however, a good place to start.  Just find something else to back up your conclusions.

Doug

Just now, Doug1066 said:

Because of the prevalence of misinformation on Wikipedia, it is not considered an acceptable source.  It is, however, a good place to start.  Just find something else to back up your conclusions.

Doug

That isn't the context of what Wikipedia says about itself. Regardless, what is actually inaccurate in Wikipedia's page about Media Bias/Fact Check?

2 hours ago, F3SS said:

@Manwon Lender Lucky we nixed the bet and the mods shut the thread down due to "official narrative" but Obama's party went ahead as planned and there's no social distancing or masks anywhere in the pics that are out. 

Your right I am lucky, I certainly gave that idiot to much credit,:(

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

I was alluding to the liar's paradox.

In all seriousness though, the more technical the information the more accurate Wikipedia generally is.

Your earlier post was saying that Wikipedia shouldn't be used recursively.

If Wikipedia say their information can't be relied upon who am i to argue with them. They make that disclaimer statement because they realize that not everyone writing articles is adding correct information and they have plainly said they don't have the staff to verify everything. In my opinion based upon what they have said Wikipedia is only a quick reference, if you want more accurate information  that is guaranteed to be completely accurate you need to use a source that specializes in what your researching.

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

If Wikipedia say their information can't be relied upon who am i to argue with them. They make that disclaimer statement because they realize that not everyone writing articles is adding correct information and they have plainly said they don't have the staff to verify everything. In my opinion based upon what they have said Wikipedia is only a quick reference, if you want more accurate information  that is guaranteed to be completely accurate you need to use a source that specializes in what your researching.

They said it can't be used for citations of its own articles.

It's more accurate than most people; and, as @Doug1066 hints, it's a parsimonious way of providing both information and further sources.  For a discussion forum, or chat down at the pub, it's a satisfactory source.

Like I said earlier, for technical information, it's as accurate as other encyclopedias. 

https://libguides.canisius.edu/wikipedia/accuracy

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

They said it can't be used for citations of its own articles.

It's more accurate than most people; and, as @Doug1066 hints, it's a parsimonious way of providing both information and further sources.  For a discussion forum, or chat down at the pub, it's a satisfactory source.

Like I said earlier, for technical information, it's as accurate as other encyclopedias. 

https://libguides.canisius.edu/wikipedia/accuracy

I agree it's great for providing addition sources, and like you said it's fine for a discussion forum or a chat at the pub. As far as being more accurate than most people, I don't disagree with that either. But if you want to gain knowledge about technical sources I think Google Scholar is better, it gives you different perspectives on any subject and it does so from a Acedemic perspective. So I do agree that Wikipedia is a good quick reference, it's only one of many different references that can be used..

JIMO

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I agree it's great for providing addition sources, and like you said it's fine for a discussion forum or a chat at the pub. As far as being more accurate than most people, I don't disagree with that either.

Unless you are talking about the three people at MediaBaisFactCheck.com obviously.,…..

11 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Unless you are talking about the three people at MediaBaisFactCheck.com obviously.,…..

Your comical, I have to ask do you want a cracker?:lol:

On 8/8/2021 at 9:52 AM, Doug1066 said:

The problem with political media is the complete lack of peer review.  Peer review that can stop publication of an article before it appears in print, or pull it offline afterward.  You are never going to get a completely unbiased political viewpoint, so quit pretending that either side is unbiased.

Also, some things are not political.  Covid for example.  Kushner's belief that covid would hit blue states and the Rubs could blame that on Democratic governors paved the way for our current epidemic in red states.  Unlike Kushner, covid is not biased.  It doesn't believe in politics.  It's just a mindless organism trying to make a living as best it can.  It's not even antagonistic toward us.  We're just dinner.

Throw out the politics and use your minds.

Doug

Statistically Covid has hit Latino and Black communities harder. Is covid racist?

I'd agree correlation isn't always causation. And I'd agree both sides have failed that test. Covid 100% is being politicized. Just like everything else. And its a shame we can't let science be science and math be math.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 12:12 AM, Manwon Lender said:

Last, I don't know where this Coupe idea enter the conversation, because according to the Constitution and the insurrection Act  when they disrupted the electoral vote certification. They also disrupted Congress in session, and either one if those offenses is the act of Insurrection as defined by Law. You can dismiss it, disagree with it, dance around it, or anything else you choose to do but nothing changes the fact that Insurrection was committed. 

It was called a coup immediately, to trigger more people. "Coup" sounds like a dictator is taking over with the complete control of the military. "Insurrection" sounds like just a riot, which is what it actually was. A bad riot, for sure, and against the government, but a riot none the less.

It can't be denied, and the truth will never change. However, what saved the idiots involved that day is the fact that President Biden instructed the sitting Attorney General to take the crime of Insurrection off the table. Even Biden realizes realizes Trumps base was brainwashed and not responsible for their actions that day.

I'll have to look into that. I didn't realize that happened.

EDIT: I can find nothing saying Biden banned charges of insurrection. Maybe I'm googling the wrong words?

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

I did find this interesting...

https://www.insider.com/capitol-rioters-who-pleaded-guilty-updated-list-2021-5

Parading, demonstrating or picketing in a Capitol building

Which I understand is up to a year and/or a fine. 

Seems like this will be what many will be charged with.

If this was a highly dangerous coup attempt and a event of unprecedented historic importance... why are the charges so feeble? W&y not charge everyone caught with Treason, or some such. Its almost like those filing charges know what will stick and what wont.... hummm.....

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DieChecker said:

It was called a coup immediately, to trigger more people. "Coup" sounds like a dictator is taking over with the complete control of the military. "Insurrection" sounds like just a riot, which is what it actually was. A bad riot, for sure, and against the government, but a riot none the less.

I'll have to look into that. I didn't realize that happened.

EDIT: I can find nothing saying Biden banned charges of insurrection. Maybe I'm googling the wrong words?

The part about Biden stopping charges of Insurrection from being used is a guess on my part. The individuals involved during the attack on the Capital did commit an Insurrection as defined by the Insurrection Act. In addition the charges against them have been very lenient, I mean so far no one has received anything close to maximum charge for their crime and I hope they don't. In my opinion they were duped into what occurred that day, so I hope that a they continue to be treated leniently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

The part about Biden stopping charges of Insurrection from being used is a guess on my part. The individuals involved during the attack on the Capital did commit an Insurrection as defined by the Insurrection Act. In addition the charges against them have been very lenient, I mean so far no one has received anything close to maximum charge for their crime and I hope they don't. In my opinion they were duped into what occurred that day, so I hope that a they continue to be treated leniently.

It is interesting the charges are so mild. And the punishments so lenient. 

Well have to see if those found guilty get more time.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Yes it is interesting, that's why I made that claim about Biden. Who else would have the power to make the lenient sentencing occur, I mean the Democrats have made this out to be the Worst crime of the Century and I dont really disagree with that. So its surprising that the charges and the fines have not been maxed out.

Below is a statement from a Federal Judge talking about this subject along with the link to the article.

Howell has already asked in another defendant’s plea hearing whether no-prison misdemeanor plea deals offered by the government are too lenient for individuals involved in “terrorizing members of Congress,” asking pointedly if the government had “any concern about deterrence?”

Judge asks why Capitol rioters are paying only $1.5 million for attack. Taxpayers will pay over $500 million: https://www.pressherald.com/2021/08/09/judge-asks-why-capitol-rioters-are-paying-1-5m-for-attack-while-taxpayers-will-pay-more-than-500m/ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DieChecker said:

There's a reasonable case for leniency.  If they're claiming they did it because of Trump they shouldn't be allowed scissors.

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes it is interesting, that's why I made that claim about Biden. Who else would have the power to make the lenient sentencing occur, I mean the Democrats have made this out to be the Worst crime of the Century and I dont really disagree with that. So its surprising that the charges and the fines have not been maxed out.

Below is a statement from a Federal Judge talking about this subject along with the link to the article.

Howell has already asked in another defendant’s plea hearing whether no-prison misdemeanor plea deals offered by the government are too lenient for individuals involved in “terrorizing members of Congress,” asking pointedly if the government had “any concern about deterrence?”

Judge asks why Capitol rioters are paying only $1.5 million for attack. Taxpayers will pay over $500 million: https://www.pressherald.com/2021/08/09/judge-asks-why-capitol-rioters-are-paying-1-5m-for-attack-while-taxpayers-will-pay-more-than-500m/ 

Is that judge saying they should be covering the costs of the $2.1B security bill meant to correct the government's security errors of that day even though it likely won't? Do you think the terrifying viking helmet guy has that kind of cash lying around? Even if there is fairness in financial reparation for a crime its unrealistic to expect the $ costs to be paid back.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Is that judge saying they should be covering the costs of the $2.1B security bill meant to correct the government's security errors of that day even though it likely won't? Do you think the terrifying viking helmet guy has that kind of cash lying around? Even if there is fairness in financial reparation for a crime its unrealistic to expect the $ costs to be paid back.

The Viking guy didn't trash the place. I believe he's being held because he was carrying that spear and it is technically a weapon. 

The following guy here on the other hand had explosives and set the place on fire. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, acidhead said:

The Viking guy didn't trash the place. I believe he's being held because he was carrying that spear and it is technically a weapon. 

The following guy here on the other hand had explosives and set the place on fire. 

My favorite is those 2 girls who harrased a 7 year old and stole his Maga hat are doing time with hate crime charges attatched.

I have been seeing more stories about people being held accountable which is refreshing although I have no illusions that the $2B+ in damages plus untold fortunes, dreams and lives lost or wrecked during the greatest human caused financial property damage in history by its own citizens would ever be paid back .

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Yes I think that is exactly her thoughts on the matter. I dont think its unreasonable for the group as a whole to pay for the damages they were responsible for. But, honestly you cant get blood out of rock, and for the most part that group doesnt look like they are financially able to pay for damages. As far as my favorite Cartoon Character the Qanon Shaman ( Viking Hat Guy as you called him ) I dont think money is going to be his biggest problem. That wacky dude is going to a Federal Mental facility, and after they get through pumping him full of drug cocktails I doubt he will ever remember his name, I think he is pretty much going to spend his days in a padded cell.

This song was written about him in 1971 and it explains what his life is going to be like.

Alice Cooper --- Ballad of Dwight Fry!!!:devil:

• Haha 1

On 8/8/2021 at 12:57 PM, F3SS said:

@Manwon Lender Lucky we nixed the bet and the mods shut the thread down due to "official narrative" but Obama's party went ahead as planned and there's no social distancing or masks anywhere in the pics that are out. 

Um...bro? Fully vaccinated adults can hang out with fully vaccinated adults without restrictions or masks 

3 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Um...bro? Fully vaccinated adults can hang out with fully vaccinated adults without restrictions or masks 

You need to keep up. The vaccine doesn't stop the spread it only lessens the impact the virus has on the body.

6 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Yea man the cdc disagrees. Not that I gaf but they do and they said so well before the party and you have no idea who is vaxed and who isn't. You think anyone was actually checking? That was such an elitist comment.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, F3SS said:

That was such an elitist comment.

Democrats are elitists constantly looking down at Republicans.

NYT reporter slammed for calling Obama’s 60th birthday party low-risk due to ‘sophisticated, vaccinated crowd’

https://news.yahoo.com/nyt-reporter-slammed-calling-obama-220842756.html

• Haha 2

Just now, Michelle said:

Democrats are elitists constantly looking down at Republicans.

NYT reporter slammed for calling Obama’s 60th birthday party low-risk due to ‘sophisticated, vaccinated crowd’

https://news.yahoo.com/nyt-reporter-slammed-calling-obama-220842756.html

Ha I know I seen that. I figured autochan may have been referring to that or he just thinks like them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Ha I know I seen that. I figured autochan may have been referring to that or he just thinks like them. 

It doesn't matter if a Democrat is homeless and begs on the street. They still think they are better and smarter.