Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mayor of Armenia shares video of alleged ghost attacking security guard

Still Waters

A Colombian mayor baffled his social media followers after sharing a video of an alleged ghost attacking one of his security guards.

“I want to share this video with you today, emphasizing that, as mayor, I have the conviction that faith has insurmountable power,” wrote Jose Manuel Rios Morales, mayor of Armenia, above an Aug. 3 Facebook video of the supposed phantom beatdown. The official claimed that that the spectral assault took place in his offices while guards were conducting their nightly patrols, Newsflash reported.

In the grainy, minute-long clip, the hapless officer can be seen strolling down the hallway before veering violently into a wall, as if flung by a supernatural entity.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/05/mayor-shares-shocking-video-of-ghost-attacking-guard/

• Like 3

I think he just stumbled . . . tripped over his own feet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

I'm curious to see how Papameter will rate this video. :sm

My+legitometer+its+off+the+charts+_bbe1ebcd264506392a976e62553691d9.gif

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

I think he just stumbled . . . tripped over his own feet.

Just out of curiosity.....

Whose feet would he be using to walk, when he trips over his own?

• Haha 3

You can't get a good look at it because the date-timestamp on the screen has something white behind it that obscures it, but from what I can see it looks like the seconds go by irregularly and not once a second.  For part of the video you can kinda make out the top half of the last digit of the seconds, the right-most number, and it looks like at points it is sped up.

I like it, it's interesting. There are at least 8 possible mundane stories I imagine could have happened, but if everyone involved is honest, then it's either an actual invisible force attacking that particular guy, either very unfortunate episode (health or substance related) he had.

I don't exclude the possibility of paranormal, but once upon the time I've seen a mentally ill person being dragged by his hand, visibly against his will, in broad daylight, in middle of the street. Exactly like he was a small misbehaved child being dragged by parent's hand, only he was too big and bearded for a child and the parent was invisible to the sane spectators. It looked like it's a very skillful mime performance. Sadly, it wasn't, it was legitimate mental illness and not an isolated "para"incident in otherwise reasonably sane life. 

Back to paranormal possibility. It would be interesting to know if that guy was the first who got beaten by a ghost, or it's regular occurrence in that building. It sounds like it's not the first time, since religious special forces are being dispatched. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wolfpackin said:

Drunk?

I don't think so: Drunk people are much slower. If he was drunk, he would fall, and roll on the floor, but not with these sudden jerks that really do seem like he was hit. If it was a substance (I don't think it was) it was something hallucinogenic.  

On 8/6/2021 at 9:15 AM, jethrofloyd said:

I'm curious to see how Papameter will rate this video. :sm

Papanalysis wishes we had the guy's narrative and a discussion of what/if the past paranormal history of the building.

Sadly lacking that, by popular demand:

Papameter Reading

Paranormal  60%    Hoax/Natural  40%

Complete BS doctored video. I saw it on another site where you can see the timestamp and the video randomly speeds up at the "action" points. Somebody altered it to make it look like certain things happen faster than they do. Watched at normal speed it's probably too obvious it's just some drunken klutz.

Probably edited to hide the fact from superiors that the guy was an embarrassment.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, moonman said:

Complete BS doctored video. I saw it on another site where you can see the timestamp and the video randomly speeds up at the "action" points. Somebody altered it to make it look like certain things happen faster than they do. Watched at normal speed it's probably too obvious it's just some drunken klutz.

Yes, it does look like "boring" parts were cut out, but I wasn't under impression the whole video was sped up. Do you have a link to that another site where you can see the timestamp (it's not readable most of time)?  

14 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Yes, it does look like "boring" parts were cut out, but I wasn't under impression the whole video was sped up. Do you have a link to that another site where you can see the timestamp (it's not readable most of time)?  

Only parts are sped up/frames removed, like 5 jumping to 7 in the seconds counter instantly, not even showing the 6.  I just googled "columbia guard ghost attack" and found it easily.

Edited by moonman

Looks like the guy either tripped or slipped on something. Hard to tell. 

Xen-o-meter reading 100% accidental. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, moonman said:

Only parts are sped up. I just googled "columbia guard ghost attack" and found it easily.

Help me out, all the videos are the same as the one NY Post used. Where's the version with readable time stamp? I can see seconds changing but not during the whole footage. 

Also, it seems like awful lot of publicity and trouble for the mayor, just to cover up for one drunk guard. Since when are drunk night guards unusual anyway...  

28 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Help me out, all the videos are the same as the one NY Post used. Where's the version with readable time stamp? I can see seconds changing but not during the whole footage. 

Also, it seems like awful lot of publicity and trouble for the mayor, just to cover up for one drunk guard. Since when are drunk night guards unusual anyway...  

The others don't have the NY post logo at the beginning, where he falls. The timestamp is never readable 100% of the time but you can see enough of it to know it's been tampered with.

Edited by moonman

24 minutes ago, moonman said:

The others don't have the NY post logo at the beginning, where he falls. The timestamp is never readable 100% of the time but you can see enough of it to know it's been tampered with.

I see. I thought there's something more complete and more readable someone compared this one to, to show it was sped up. Because all I can see it was cut, my guess is to skip to the interesting parts. 

I'm not saying you couldn't be right, even if the speed wasn't tampered with, guy didn't have to be drunk, he could have been on drugs etc. It's not a problem to imagine several very non-paranormal scenarios that could be the actual story behind the ghost story. The involved know, I can only guess. 

What makes me think there's something interesting going on is all the drama complete with the blessing of the building. It doesn't usually take an exorcism to get rid of a drunk guard.    

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Looks like the guy either tripped or slipped on something. Hard to tell. 

Xen-o-meter reading 100% accidental. 

There is too much of lateral movement for someone just tripping. It looks if there is a strong force involved. It could also be enacted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, NCC1701 said:

There is too much of lateral movement for someone just tripping. It looks if there is a strong force involved. It could also be enacted.

Okay, if you say so. 

I remember a video taken by a News outlet of a boy who got attacked by a ghost..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After seeing the movie "The Invisible Man"  we used to do this all the time.  My brother and I would pretend we were being beat up by an invisible assailant. We'd throw ourselves about being careful to always land on the couch or a bed.  We would add sound effects like fists connecting with a stomach or chin with the appropriate groans of pain.  It was great fun.  This guard is just suffering from arrested development.

Edited by tortugabob
  • Like 1

I agree with the majority.  Staged hoax.   With video speed slowed, you can see that he 'lunges' himself into , what looks like, a  locker door.   Then 'acts' the part of being assaulted by ghosts.  No haunting there. 

• Like 1

Hard to see much of what is going on because he's wearing white and there is glare. 

Could be he is saying he was pushed, but the video doesn't prove it.

• Like 1