Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
OverSword

Major 7th Song

Recommended Posts

 
jethrofloyd

Sorry Rihanna, but this is a REAL music! :yes:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
50 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

Sorry Rihanna, but this is a REAL music! :yes:

I’m not claiming I’m good, just real.  Quick confession, there is not one song on my YouTube channel in which I’m remotely sober. It just never occurs to me to record until I’m five beers deep on a Friday night :D

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tcgram

   Love it.   Thank you for sharing.   :wub:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly
On August 7, 2021 at 1:43 AM, OverSword said:

I’m not claiming I’m good, just real.  Quick confession, there is not one song on my YouTube channel in which I’m remotely sober. It just never occurs to me to record until I’m five beers deep on a Friday night :D

Your both !  Your good..and your very real. :)  I like the stone faced delivery ..  Your a "Serious " musician :P

i listened to a bit of your 80's 90's stuff too.       !      Lol, I gotta say, I was a prolific song writer in my Whiskey Daze..I mean days.   Too bad I got so drunk once that I erased almost the entire (mixed) collection !*!     My songs are far fewer..but better now.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

Dude!!!!  That's too bad.  I'm in the same boat, lost many recordings over the years.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

@lightly do you have anything online that we can hear? What do you play?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
On 8/6/2021 at 11:41 PM, OverSword said:

I bought this guitar with the intention of never playing it with a pick. I’m (trying) teaching myself  flamenco guitar. It’s a lesson in pleasurable frustration because I have never used my right hand without a pick and I’ve always played electric guitar. Acoustic is way different.

Nice!  Liked the video...

I have a couple of acoustic guitars plus a 12 string but I rarely played them for the exact same reason.  

Oh and there was that ...wah, wah, it hurts my fingers...so...yeah I've always played electric as well.  Until....

....last September.  I wrote a song and I was trying to play the beginning with my fingers instead of a pick and it was awkward...very awkward...because, of course, I  had no clue what I was doing.  Then I discovered Justin Johnson and watched a video he did on how to pick with your fingers.  That was a year ago and I have to say...I'm pretty good picking with my fingers.  But...only because of my morning routine.  I get up at 5, immediately drink a cup of coffee...then immediately pick up my acoustic and practice for about an hour...

 The only problem I am experiencing is with calluses...omg...the calluses on my middle finger and ring finger left hand are so 'callused' I find myself picking at them with my other fingers....then one day I thought, I'm just going to kind of clip them with nail clippers...bad mistake...it was like starting  over from the beginning with the acoustic.  But now they are all re-callused and I am good to go.  

Thanks for sharing!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly
On September 10, 2021 at 11:53 PM, OverSword said:

@lightly do you have anything online that we can hear? What do you play?

Just noticed this^ ....  No, nothing online.  And the only recordings I have are really old sloppy mixes on Cassette!   I keep saying I'll get a digital mini recording unit.   ...when I do maybe I can post a few songs online :).    I play an old guild acoustic...we sound pretty good!    sometimes. :P.    

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
On 8/9/2021 at 10:27 AM, OverSword said:

Dude!!!!  That's too bad.  I'm in the same boat, lost many recordings over the years.

Ya!  Prior to the digital age.  I had (and still have) a reel to reel recorder...it stopped working...cannot seem to find anyone to fix it...so...there is a lot of stuff on there ...I just can't access it.  So it might as well just be gone.  

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
1 hour ago, lightly said:

Just noticed this^ ....  No, nothing online.  And the only recordings I have are really old sloppy mixes on Cassette!   I keep saying I'll get a digital mini recording unit.   ...when I do maybe I can post a few songs online :).    I play an old guild acoustic...we sound pretty good!    sometimes. :P.    

Hey...I want to hear your old sloppy recordings!  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly
12 hours ago, joc said:

Hey...I want to hear your old sloppy recordings!  

:)    It was fun making them.   I recorded one track with acoustic guitar and vocal....then recorded drums on track 2...then a (multi- take)  sloppy electric guitar track on 3 .    Then I mixed that down on track 4 ...which freed up the first 3 tracks again.   Then I usually made a 'bass' line of sorts on one of my wife's keyboards...then sometimes a harmony vocal track...   I did it on an old Fostex cassette mini studio ...it was pretty versatile with balance controls ..so the final mix was well balanced at least !   :P

     I only have three or four surviving tracks on that 'Master' tape...    A friend in California recorded me on her smart phone..and played it back through this really awesome little wireless sound system she has !   I was surprised at the sound quality!   ..and my 'stage presence' ..  :huh:  :rolleyes:       

 

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
OverSword

@joc I'm not having problems with calluses on my fingers.  Maybe because I'm play a Spanish guitar with nylon strings.  Am also growing and shaping my finger nails which may be helping too.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
27 minutes ago, OverSword said:

@joc I'm not having problems with calluses on my fingers.  Maybe because I'm play a Spanish guitar with nylon strings.  Am also growing and shaping my finger nails which may be helping too.  

Yep.  Never played on nylon strings...but I can play for an hour or so now before my fingers start to really hurt.

I cut the nails on my right hand pretty close but I too am attempting to shape my left hand nails for picking.  It's difficult though because I work with my hands so...accidents happen...like Saturday starting the blower.  Several pull-string tries and then caught my fingernail and ripped it at the quick.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
2 minutes ago, joc said:

Yep.  Never played on nylon strings...but I can play for an hour or so now before my fingers start to really hurt.

I cut the nails on my right hand pretty close but I too am attempting to shape my left hand nails for picking.  It's difficult though because I work with my hands so...accidents happen...like Saturday starting the blower.  Several pull-string tries and then caught my fingernail and ripped it at the quick.

OUCH!  In Jr. High school I took beginning guitar and was given a classical guitar but got an electric (from Sears) for Christmas and turned only played the acoustic in class after that so midway through the year finished the class and played only electric after that.  Years later someone gave me a western acoustic but I have never like any that I played and always thought the nylon strings sounded better that the steel strings.  Sometime around the beginning of this year I got it into my head to see if I could learn classical or Flamenco guitar and found this one in a pawn shop.  It's super nice and I got a great deal on it. I'm pretty sure someone bought it new in 97 and it stayed in the closet until they pawned it last May. It's in excellent condition.  I've barely touched any of my electrics since I started playing it.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc

I have to make myself pick up the electric...and then I don't want to put it down.  Interesting isn't it?!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
11 minutes ago, joc said:

I have to make myself pick up the electric...and then I don't want to put it down.  Interesting isn't it?!

The couple times that I have plugged in in the last few months my electric playing hasn't dropped off at all.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly
On September 13, 2021 at 11:32 AM, joc said:

Yep.  Never played on nylon strings...but I can play for an hour or so now before my fingers start to really hurt.

I cut the nails on my right hand pretty close but I too am attempting to shape my left hand nails for picking.  It's difficult though because I work with my hands so...accidents happen...like Saturday starting the blower.  Several pull-string tries and then caught my fingernail and ripped it at the quick.

Ouch!     Hey joc, I'm confused... You finger pick with your Left  fingers ?    In your avatar your strumming with your right hand ? 

     I haven't touched my electric fender in years.. I suck at electric guitar.. But if I playd LOUD enough ,slamming chords on MELTDOWN setting....sometimes i sounded awesome !   :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
4 hours ago, lightly said:

Ouch!     Hey joc, I'm confused... You finger pick with your Left  fingers ?    In your avatar your strumming with your right hand ? 

     I haven't touched my electric fender in years.. I suck at electric guitar.. But if I playd LOUD enough ,slamming chords on MELTDOWN setting....sometimes i sounded awesome !   :lol:

I'm dislexic....reverse that! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly

I suspected it was a mis statement ...shoulda let it ride;).    My wife has to look at her hands whenever discussing issues of left or right...or to tell me which way to turn !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Writersblock223

This was okay, I wish I could play the guitar. I find it so cool that you can write your own music!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.