Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Knife-wielding man injures 10 on Tokyo train

Still Waters

A man attacked fellow passengers with a knife on a Tokyo commuter train late on Friday, injuring 10.

The suspect, 36, allegedly told police he became angry when he saw women who "looked happy" and wanted to kill them, according to local media reports.

One victim, a female student, is said to be seriously injured, while the others suffered less severe injuries.

Violent crime is rare in Japan and tight security measures are in place in Tokyo, which is hosting the Olympics.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-58125414

• Sad 4

The nerve of us women going around looking happy. 

Geez.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, GlitterRose said:

The nerve of us women going around looking happy. 

Geez.

Well, you know, some things simply cannot be allowed in decent cultures ;)   Seriously though, is there ANY country or culture today that ISN'T becoming increasingly erratic or unstable?  Seems like there's a pervasive spirit of anger and even hate that's ramping up around the world.

• Thanks 1

Man arrested in train stabbings suffered rejection in relationships

A man arrested in a recent random knife attack on passengers on a commuter train in Tokyo had difficulties in his personal relationships, including being rejected in online dating, according to investigative sources.

Yusuke Tsushima, 36, who had told investigators he wanted to kill "happy looking women," was sent to prosecutors on Sunday for attempted murder after stabbing a female university student on board a rapid express Odakyu Electric Railway train on Friday.

The sources quoted Tsushima as saying, "I was content seeing (people) rushing to escape, but even so not a single passenger was killed and that's unfortunate," and blaming other people for the misfortunes in his life.

"My life is trashy. My misery is all because of the people around me," he was quoted as saying.

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2021/08/46285d9c8a10-man-arrested-in-train-stabbings-suffered-rejection-in-relationships.html