Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UN climate report: 'a code red for humanity'

UM-Bot

4 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

A major new report has found an 'unequivocal' link between human activities and climate change.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/349641/un-climate-report-a-code-red-for-humanity

It doesn't take some clowns making out a report when all people know first hand what is happening to this planet its up to World leaders to do something about it as the clock is ticking  down to doomsday extinction . When the average temperature in the summer in your country is 23 C , and you get 34/36 C , something is radically wrong .

• Like 1

The fact is that polítical leaders don't do anything about it because the voters will punish them if they do. The voters claim that politicians don't do enough about the environment, but if politicians do something about it they'll scream tyranny.

Companies will spew propaganda about how they're investing in greener ways, when they could be doing so much more, but then the stonkers will complain about poor ROI.

Young kids complaint and they are labelled as snowflakes or tree huggers, just look at Greta.

We knew this was coming, but nooo..., "freedom" and self responsibility was more important. Science told us about this, but it was a communist/liberal propaganda/conspiracy.

Covid18 is just the start, but the same old freedom fighters / intranet researchers will just scream false flag at the next pandemic.

Well...time to enjoy hell!

Edited by godnodog
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Have they finally told us we have 11 years left until we all burn? They've been saying there's only 12 years left until we are all dead for at least the last 24 years.

• Like 4

I like how I feel guilty driving my little car to work that gets 26mpg so I can pay taxes...and I don't seem to think of jets that require 5,000 gallons of fuel to take off!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Have they finally told us we have 11 years left until we all burn? They've been saying there's only 12 years left until we are all dead for at least the last 24 years.

The solution is simple. We need a nuclear winter.:tu:

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The solution is simple. We need a nuclear winter.:tu:

Vote for president OverSword and I can guarantee that outcome :st

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Vote for president OverSword and I can guarantee that outcome :st

I think President Mr. Magoo might do it accidentally.:lol:

51bsdc.jpg

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Geoengineering marks scientific gains in U.N. report

Aug 10 (Reuters) - Geoengineering science is advancing, but the question remains - should we use it?

The U.N. climate report released Monday presents a major leap forward in predicting how geoengineering to limit global warming might affect the planet, although scientists said the greatest hurdle remains deciding whether to use the controversial methods. read more

Geoengineering involves large-scale interventions that shift the climate, generally with an aim of cooling the earth.

Solar radiation management techniques generally control how much sunlight is reflected back out into space, preventing it from heating the earth

For example, humans could spray sulfate aerosols - tiny reflective particles - into the stratosphere 20 to 25 kilometers (12 to 16 miles) above the earth's surface to reflect more sunlight back into space, which lowers global temperatures.

But sulfate aerosols have the side effect of also lowering average precipitation.

https://www.reuters.com/business/environment/geoengineering-marks-scientific-gains-un-report-dire-climate-future-2021-08-10/

Now I find this more worrying than 'climate change'.  Could easily turn out to be a case of the cure being worst than the disease.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

A major new report has found an 'unequivocal' link between human activities and climate change.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/349641/un-climate-report-a-code-red-for-humanity

It certainly doesn't get any worst than this and there is doubt the writhing is on the wall, and this is mankind wakeup call. If our leaders worldwide don't finally fake this serious and devote the resources to correcting this problem our child will be forced to pay in a very serious way for our mistakes. I mean in the next 30 years coastal cities will have to be evacuated, major droughts are goung to disrupt the worlds food production to the point where there nay be famine in non-third world countries. 

JIMO

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, godnodog said:

The fact is that polítical leaders don't do anything about it because the voters will punish them if they do. The voters claim that politicians don't do enough about the environment, but if politicians do something about it they'll scream tyranny.

Companies will spew propaganda about how they're investing in greener ways, when they could be doing so much more, but then the stonkers will complain about poor ROI.

Young kids complaint and they are labelled as snowflakes or tree huggers, just look at Greta.

We knew this was coming, but nooo..., "freedom" and self responsibility was more important. Science told us about this, but it was a communist/liberal propaganda/conspiracy.

Covid18 is just the start, but the same old freedom fighters / intranet researchers will just scream false flag at the next pandemic.

Well...time to enjoy hell!

I don't care what anyone else thinks, you are spot on and will many of us will not see the worst of it do to our age. Our children and grandchildren are being kept with a terrible legacy and they will suffer because of our mistakes. I am nit nearly as confident as the UN, I believe we are last the tipping point even though they will not admit it. 

This is a very terrible situation.:( Global warming is reality.

3BBA2FE0-C755-42ED-A338-293D6251B5B1-14353-000019322C6FDFF6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Snowdog said:

I like how I feel guilty driving my little car to work that gets 26mpg so I can pay taxes...and I don't seem to think of jets that require 5,000 gallons of fuel to take off!

Its a fact that one... 747 jumbo jet burning fuel from London to New York one way uses more fuel than 100 cars burning fuel in 1 year. 

• Like 2

I'm sure climate change is another hoax.

Sea-levels have been rising for at least 50 years apparently. Only nothing friggin happened, but somehow it'll happen in the next 10 to 30.years. Errrrrr no it won't.

Let's go green. But batteries as bad for the environment. The nett carbon cost to make a car is overlooked. 

The weather has wild swings. It always has done. But suddenly it is all caused by global warming.

Now apparently it's not CO2 we need to worry about. It's methane.

It's been known for a very long time that Hemp is great at helping the environment but it is banned because it might have negligible amounts if THC, only it doesn't even have that. It was banned due to lobbying, mainly from the cotton trade.

Meanwhile the world ticks over to the petro-dollar. Time to decouolw the dollar? Went well for Libya, Iraq... 

Nothing more than a control mechanism.. 

On 8/9/2021 at 11:12 PM, Snowdog said:

Don't feel guilty mate. Just carry on with your life as you always have. You know that the people that own the big multinationals, the political class, the media pundits & the wealthy are still going to fly their private jets to their second, third or fourth holiday homes, they're still going to own massive yacths :- https://www.superyachtfan.com/yacht-owners/bill-gates/private-jet/ https://marketrealist.com/p/jeff-bezos-yacht-cost/ https://privatejetclubs.com/2021/08/03/oprah-winfreys-private-jet/ https://www.superyachtfan.com/yacht-owners/bill-gates/private-jet/

If they can't be bothered to change their lifestyles, why the hell should you or I.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2021 at 9:41 PM, Hugh Mungus said:

Actually Hugh, when I was a kid David Attenborough was telling us that we were heading towards a new ice age. He told us that with conviction too.

• Like 1

I don't see where there is even a chance to reverse this.   Too many people and the population is increasing every day.   More people means more homes and other buildings which means less natural land.  More food is needed.  

I agree with Snowdog above.   Seems useless to me that my car get's 40+ MPG (not electric or a hybrid), when there is 431 flights from NY to LA each day using 5300 gallons of fuel each.  

• Like 1

On 8/9/2021 at 3:41 PM, Hugh Mungus said:

The 11 years is when the earth's mean temperature rise since pre-industrial times is 1.5C.  The 12 years is from AOC's Green New Deal.

The earth will continue after 1.5C, but sustain increasing damage to its ecosystems.  How long can we survive that?  Nobody knows, but the condition will eventually be terminal to our species.

There is an exception (of course).  As our population becomes victims of our own mismanagement, our numbers will decline.  Eventually we will reach a point where there are not enough of us to do further damage.

OR:  we could get off our collective a-s and fix the problem.

Doug

Edited by Doug1066
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't see where there is even a chance to reverse this.   Too many people and the population is increasing every day.   More people means more homes and other buildings which means less natural land.  More food is needed.  

I agree with Snowdog above.   Seems useless to me that my car get's 40+ MPG (not electric or a hybrid), when there is 431 flights from NY to LA each day using 5300 gallons of fuel each.  

We are going to have to limit the number of flights.

Doug

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

We are going to have to limit the number of flights.

Doug

Electric planes.

• Haha 1