Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

76 Years Later, Debate Persists Over Hiroshima, Nagasaki Atomic Bombings

Grim Reaper 6

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

Yes I did... In my own words... 

You're welcome... 

Oh, I just remembered... Somalia... 

~

Well thanks for your concern and caring I appreciate your thoughts on this subject, and while you do believe what you are saying, which I can respect, you still haven't proven anything!:)

• Haha 1

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

Well thanks for your concern and caring I appreciate your thoughts on this subject, and while you do believe what you are saying, which I can respect, you still haven't proven anything!:)

You carry on letting yourself be lied to... Makes living easier... With eyes closed... 

Misunderstanding all you see... 

Welcome to strawberry fields... Forever... 

[00.04:23]

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, third_eye said:

You carry on letting yourself be lied to... Makes living easier... With eyes closed... 

Misunderstanding all you see... 

Welcome to strawberry fields... Forever... 

[00.04:23]

~

Nah, no Straw Berry Window Pane for me!!:lol:

Hey it looks like you have an admirer, your so lucky!:lol:

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Hey it looks like you have an admirer, your so lucky!:lol:

You still have no idea but Thank you non the less... Unluckily for you... 

5ed7c4045dedb94f3bc03a0957d9ae72.jpg

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

lol, but you still have not proved anything, not only that but you constantly wonder away from the point you originally tried to make, and by about 4th post no one knows what you talking about. 

one thing i agree, it did not save anyone,  Germany was already beaten, and signed capitulation in may.  Mussolini was already hanging before Germans signed papers, soviet army was already in japan, the war would be over in few month anyway with no nukes, usa needed to test those nukes on live people, so they came up with a lie that is stopped the war and saved millions, 

7 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Actually the bolded sentence above represents your meager research, you see being sarcastic :lol: has a away of being turned around upon you. Maybe the next time you choose to be sarcastic and egocentric you will put that aside and respond to the topic instead of trying to be funny and intentionally insult me. However, one thing is for certain no matter how you try to stir the pot, you are unable to keep your hands from getting burned, now that's funny!!!:D

Well thanks for the compliment, I was incorrect in post 4, there was a total of 4 atomic bombs completed in 1945, two were dropped upon Japan and to were placed into the US Nuclear Arsenal.  The two bomb you identified as completed were placed in the United States Nuclear Arsenal, so the chart I posted was correct and thanks to your information it explains how the two unused Nuclear Weapons in 1945 became part of the US Arsenal. While they could have produced additional Atomic Bombs, all production stopped when Japan Surrender, so all the Bombs that were discussed in the documents you provided were never built. The chart I provided does accurately reflect the United States Nuclear Arsenal from 1945 until 1949.

Here is a quote from post 8 where you that my comments are not at all accurate: 

"Two more plutonium bombs were assembled and prepared to be shipped to Tinian on August 11 and August 14.  Another plutonium style bomb was part way through fabrication and would of been completely assembled around August 16."

The highly lighted sentence above are the two bombs that were listed in the chart I posted which listed two Atomic bombs in the US Arsenal in 1945.

According to the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists the following Global nuclear weapons inventories, 1945–2010 are provided and according to this Scientific Journal the United States had the following number of operational Nuclear Weapons. 

1945 - 2 - These two bombs are the two that were built and never used, no other Atomic bombs were completed to an operational state in 1945!!:yes: The figures below are an accurate representation of the United States Nuclear Arsenal for the years represented.

1946 - 9

1947 - 13

1948 - 50

1949 - 170

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.2968/066004008

You really do have some weird psychological conditions where you must always be right.

Originally you said there was only 2 nuclear bombs and America didnt have any more.  I prove that America did have more nuclear bombs and were in the process of producing more.  You post a link showing America only had 2 nuclear weapons, my guess cause you thought it proved your original comment about America only having 2 nuclear weapon.  I post primary sources proving my earlier statement and now you pivot to America had 4 nuclear weapons but 2 were kept in storage so you can still be right. 

Ultimately you are just wrong but you can not admit it probably because your ego is way to delicate and you cant accept the fact that you are no where near as intelligent as you so desperately want to be.

Also America completed 5 atomic bombs in 1945.  The test bomb Gadget, used in the trinity test to prove the plutonium bomb design worked, Little Boy, Fat Man, and the two that remained in storage.  But I'm sure you will find some way to pivot and twist your own words to argue you are still right since that is what you desperately need.

5 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

You really do have some weird psychological conditions where you must always be right.

Originally you said there was only 2 nuclear bombs and America didnt have any more.  I prove that America did have more nuclear bombs and were in the process of producing more.  You post a link showing America only had 2 nuclear weapons, my guess cause you thought it proved your original comment about America only having 2 nuclear weapon.  I post primary sources proving my earlier statement and now you pivot to America had 4 nuclear weapons but 2 were kept in storage so you can still be right. 

Ultimately you are just wrong but you can not admit it probably because your ego is way to delicate and you cant accept the fact that you are no where near as intelligent as you so desperately want to be.

Also America completed 5 atomic bombs in 1945.  The test bomb Gadget, used in the trinity test to prove the plutonium bomb design worked, Little Boy, Fat Man, and the two that remained in storage.  But I'm sure you will find some way to pivot and twist your own words to argue you are still right since that is what you desperately need.

Ultimately you posted to this thread for one reason and one reason only which was to personally attack me While being sarcastic , so please wipe those little crocodile tears off and go away. Your motives are all too obvious and very sad, as far as being right your transfixed upon it. The posts you make are proof of your out of control ego that everyone can see. :no:

You did post some very good sources of information, however all they alluded to was would of, could of and yet didn't. In reality they didn't have the fissile material or the completed components to start building 3 bombs a month starting in September and if they did have it they most like would have completed those weapons and the US Arsenal numbers would have been larger for 1945. 

As far as your comments I quoted here: "" But I'm sure you will find some way to pivot and twist your own words to argue you are still right since that is what you desperately need.""

Your so over come with trying to belittle me personally, and at the same time patting yourself on the back for the source you supplied you completely over looked the following comments I made in the above post you quoted!

Well thanks for the compliment, I  was incorrect in post 4, there was a total of 4 atomic bombs completed in 1945two were dropped upon Japan and to were placed into the US Nuclear Arsenal. 

Oh and last, yes they did do a test detonation before they dropped bombs on Japan, but that wasn't a completed bomb. All they did was set the necessary equipment up on a elevated platform and detonated it.  However, to make you feel like you are the best and right, I will throw you that bone!:)

7 hours ago, third_eye said:

You still have no idea but Thank you non the less... Unluckily for you... 

~

I am in no position to dictate to you the path to follow, or what to believe. The path you choose whether in darkness or light is a reflection of your thoughts, and your beliefs. No man can tell another what is right or wrong there are no absolutes!:tu:

3D8AD096-97E5-433B-BC1F-2909852CCABF-6625-0000103BCC7B39EF.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

No man can tell another what is right or wrong there are no absolutes!

If you need someone and something else to tell you what is right or wrong... 

5 Aug 2020 — But not using the atomic bomb would have been far worse. The overall Japanese deaths attributed to the two bombs are estimated at between ...

5 Jan 2021 — Lewis estimates that the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, to the extent that it induced Japanese surrender, saved the lives of roughly 30 ...

7 Aug 2020 — That it saved 1 million American lives (or some variation on this number) by avoiding an Allied invasion of Japan. Or that we had to drop the ...

19 May 2016 — ABC Religion & Ethics · Back to Hiroshima: Why Dropping the Bomb Saved Ten Million Lives.

The atomic bombing of Hiroshima on August 6, 1945 (Library of Congress) ... atomic bomb saved hundreds of thousands—perhaps several millions—of lives ...

by RE Miles · 1985 · Cited by 82 — Four days after 70,000-80,000 citizens of Hiroshima died from the atomic bomb blast on August 6, 1945 and many

~

So what is the true lie? 

A million? 

Several million? 

Many millions? 

32 million? 

Why not hundreds and hundreds of millions... 

:lol:

~

I know you are very familiar with that saying, "...repeat the lie...."

You just carry on repeating it to yourself... Buddha won't come and tell you you're wrong 

You're welcome...

~

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

If you need someone and something else to tell you what is right or wrong... 

~

So what is the true lie? 

A million? 

Several million? 

Many millions? 

32 million? 

Why not hundreds and hundreds of millions... 

:lol:

~

I know you are very familiar with that saying, "...repeat the lie...."

You just carry on repeating it to yourself... Buddha won't come and tell you you're wrong 

You're welcome...

~

Buddha will never tell anyone their wrong, and yes I am familiar with repeat the lie. But no matter how long you continue to lie, it's still nothing but lie. Only you can detach yourself from that, and once you do you will be able to move forward on your path. So, be a good Buddhist and look inside yourself for the answers you seek because I am unable to help you.:)

Have a wonderful day, this is my last post on this subject I must contemplate your responses! 

Namaste!:tu:

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Ultimately you posted to this thread for one reason and one reason only which was to personally attack me While being sarcastic , so please wipe those little crocodile tears off and go away. Your motives are all too obvious and very sad, as far as being right your transfixed upon it. The posts you make are proof of your out of control ego that everyone can see. :no:

You did post some very good sources of information, however all they alluded to was would of, could of and yet didn't. In reality they didn't have the fissile material or the completed components to start building 3 bombs a month starting in September and if they did have it they most like would have completed those weapons and the US Arsenal numbers would have been larger for 1945. 

As far as your comments I quoted here: "" But I'm sure you will find some way to pivot and twist your own words to argue you are still right since that is what you desperately need.""

Your so over come with trying to belittle me personally, and at the same time patting yourself on the back for the source you supplied you completely over looked the following comments I made in the above post you quoted!

Well thanks for the compliment, I  was incorrect in post 4, there was a total of 4 atomic bombs completed in 1945two were dropped upon Japan and to were placed into the US Nuclear Arsenal. 

Oh and last, yes they did do a test detonation before they dropped bombs on Japan, but that wasn't a completed bomb. All they did was set the necessary equipment up on a elevated platform and detonated it.  However, to make you feel like you are the best and right, I will throw you that bone!:)

I posted in this thread cause you were factually wrong and you still cant admit you were wrong.  As I predicted you are trying to twist your words and becoming incredibly defensive cause your pathological need to always be correct isnt being met.

As I already alluded to with the demon core most of the material meant for atomic weapon production was repurposed after Japan surrendered for further nuclear research or for further production capability.  Also once Japan surrendered production capacity was cut back drastically to save money.  

Do you have any actual proof they didnt have the material to meet the production targets the military actually said they were going to meet and that the nuclear material meant for weapon production wasnt repurposed.  You always demand sources for statements from everyone else so where is your source for this information or will you just try to pretend like you normally do that everything you say is always 100% factually correct and above needing sources to prove.

The gadget only lacked ballistic casing and the arming fuze, it was essentially identical to the fat man bomb and those two components are relatively trivial.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

I posted in this thread cause you were factually wrong and you still cant admit you were wrong.  As I predicted you are trying to twist your words and becoming incredibly defensive cause your pathological need to always be correct isnt being met.

As I already alluded to with the demon core most of the material meant for atomic weapon production was repurposed after Japan surrendered for further nuclear research or for further production capability.  Also once Japan surrendered production capacity was cut back drastically to save money.  

Do you have any actual proof they didnt have the material to meet the production targets the military actually said they were going to meet and that the nuclear material meant for weapon production wasnt repurposed.  You always demand sources for statements from everyone else so where is your source for this information or will you just try to pretend like you normally do that everything you say is always 100% factually correct and above needing sources to prove.

The gadget only lacked ballistic casing and the arming fuze, it was essentially identical to the fat man bomb and those two components are relatively trivial.

Ah, I see you have met Manwon.

High Manwon! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Well the figures in the  Nuclear Arsenal must mean something they had two completed weapons in 1945, and in 1946 there were only 9 completed weapons. Which obviously means for the entire year of 1946 they only built 7 more. In 1947 there was a total of 13 which means they only completed 4 more. 

I have no idea why starting in September of 1945 they didn't start building 3 weapons a month, but for some reason they didn't do it. Large scale production didn't start until 1948  and from there it never stopped.

18 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

You posted to this thread because your feelings were still hurt from the other day when you started your thread on Iran. I mean you were wrong, and despite that it took the moderators to correct you, because you would not admit you were being deceptive.  So you posted here to try and reverse the tables, however, unlike you When i start thread, I don't make up the thread title and twist it to fit some agenda.

I always use the title of the article linked in the OP as the title for the thread.  I also don't twist the body of the OP to fit some agenda, all the information in the OP also comes from the article linked and posted in the OP. However. you didn't post a link to any article, because that would expose you misuse of the information you provided in the OP, especially since none of the existing articles online at that time agreed with you exact comments. 

You know at this point it doesn't matter if they had the material to complete 3 weapons per month or not because they didn't even attempt to do it. So if that answer make you upset or angry I could careless, because your lack of control over your emotions is sad. You post in this thread trying to shake me up and get me to respond at your level and none of your comments effect me in the least, and you end up losing sleep over something that you should have never started in the first place. 

So go away, you can try to get under my skin another day! :)

15 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Well the figures in the  Nuclear Arsenal must mean something they had two completed weapons in 1945, and in 1946 there were only 9 completed weapons. Which obviously means for the entire year of 1946 they only built 7 more. In 1947 there was a total of 13 which means they only completed 4 more. 

I have no idea why starting in September of 1945 they didn't start building 3 weapons a month, but for some reason they didn't do it. Large scale production didn't start until 1948  and from there it never stopped.

Back then enriching Uranium and collecting Plutonium as a by-product were infant technologies. To make the first atomic weapon (the Manhattan Project one) took a vast industrial complex which had almost the entire reserves of US silver being used as a catalyst for reactions. You can look at what Iran is doing now, how long it is taking them, and yes there has been various sabotages that the US didn`t have, but its a long slow difficult process. They didn`t have breeder reactors back then.

Their official records say at the time of Hiroshima and Nagasaki they had 3 low yield weapons. Two were obviously used, the third was onboard a naval vessel in the Pacific being moved to the area. The Americans had told the Japanese it would be used on Tokyo.

Modern nukes are hydrogen bombs. They used only a small amount of uranium (like a slightly thicker DVD Discs worth). They detonate it to heat up the tritium and deuterium (the hydrogen isotopes) to a temperature where fusion begins. And the case of the warhead is designed to keep them compressed long enough for that reaction to start. This is why modern nukes have a double flash. They probably have some lithium isotopes in them too to reach the super high yields.

It means of course that in a modern nuclear war far fewer people would die from radiation as the fallout is largely alpha and beta particles. I think its 14 days after fallout has landed that its safe to go outside in it for an hour. Obviously, if you breath it in or it gets inside you then you are dead. But if it gets on your skin and clothes, then you remove it at an hour, you are fine.

Nuclear war isn`t like how its portrayed in films and computer games. Gamma radiation from the flash is indeed deadly, but all materials block gamma radiation to a degree. You dont need 6 inches of lead, 2km of open air on a sunny day will block the gamma radiation. Even less if its raining, snowing, or misty and foggy. Its about a metre of water too needed to stop it, or 3 foot of soil. Anyway, just some random nuke facts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

You posted to this thread because your feelings were still hurt from the other day when you started your thread on Iran. I mean you were wrong, and despite that it took the moderators to correct you, because you would not admit you were being deceptive.  So you posted here to try and reverse the tables, however, unlike you When i start thread, I don't make up the thread title and twist it to fit some agenda.

I always use the title of the article linked in the OP as the title for the thread.  I also don't twist the body of the OP to fit some agenda, all the information in the OP also comes from the article linked and posted in the OP. However. you didn't post a link to any article, because that would expose you misuse of the information you provided in the OP, especially since none of the existing articles online at that time agreed with you exact comments. 

You know at this point it doesn't matter if they had the material to complete 3 weapons per month or not because they didn't even attempt to do it. So if that answer make you upset or angry I could careless, because your lack of control over your emotions is sad. You post in this thread trying to shake me up and get me to respond at your level and none of your comments effect me in the least, and you end up losing sleep over something that you should have never started in the first place. 

So go away, you can try to get under my skin another day! :)

Another one of your post full of personal attacks and it seems that one Iran thread still got you upset.  I posted multiple articles backing mg position you just refused to accept you were completely wrong.

You are the one bringing up other threads and throwing around personal attacks if anyone cant control their emotions it's you.  You really need to get some help.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1