Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mass Psychosis


LightAngel
 Share

Recommended Posts

thanks for posting!  Didn't have time to watch all of it...but ....this is more or less what I have been talking about in other threads with the Programming.  You are always a breath of fresh air!  :)

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The most powerful weapon on earth is an idea. 

Please dont give me any!!! :-p

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

Please dont give me any!!! :-p

We've been in psychic (psychological) warfare ever since our species first obtain command of language. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for posting this, LightAngel :tsu:.

That format makes a heavy subject an easier read, plus, it helps understanding . . . for those of us with a pictorial mind, anyway.

One point I particularly noticed was about 'controlling by fear'. Over the past couple of years, the amount of 'things to be frightened of' that are thrown at us on a daily basis has increased to a pitch where it is almost laughable.

The last part of the video explains how 'societies within societies' are thriving and strengthening themselves outside of the tyranny. My experience is that this is true :)

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the trailer park to the big city and then to the rally. Proof that programming is not only effective but very very useful when you want to send people to do your dirty work while you watch TV!:lol:

3D09B8E8-4171-41A4-9A91-0A594B26E527-14353-0000193FF51001F6.png

31F65FEC-1A6D-438E-985D-A1E63474CF78-14353-00001943D4ABDF69.jpg

06177382-6563-41A1-9B27-3B29AD3C00A8-14353-00001943EAEF8A3A.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

From the trailer park to the big city and then to the rally. Proof that programming is not only effective but very very useful when you want to send people to do your dirty work while you watch TV!:lol:

3D09B8E8-4171-41A4-9A91-0A594B26E527-14353-0000193FF51001F6.png

31F65FEC-1A6D-438E-985D-A1E63474CF78-14353-00001943D4ABDF69.jpg

06177382-6563-41A1-9B27-3B29AD3C00A8-14353-00001943EAEF8A3A.jpg

What do you think about people who show One side of a story, but not the Other side?   The video goes way beyond mere politics...however...since you politicized the thread...the viciousness of the Media against Trump was the other side of your story.  See what I mean?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, joc said:

What do you think about people who show One side of a story, but not the Other side?   The video goes way beyond mere politics...however...since you politicized the thread...the viciousness of the Media against Trump was the other side of your story.  See what I mean?

What thread doesn't he politicize? Seems like that's the only thing he's capable of. Having a political hate b oner.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

The most powerful weapon on earth is an idea. 

While that can be true...it's also true that it is by Ideas we advance ? .. there are good ideas and bad ideas?

    I tend to view the overwhelming worship of consumerism as one of our worst ideas..and a powerful form of mass psychosis.

we measure one another by our possessions .?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LightAngel said:

If you want to reply to this topic, then you have to see the video first.

21 minuets, oh dear God. Do you know how low my attention span is :lol: haha 

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

21 minuets, oh dear God. Do you know how low my attention span is :lol: haha 

:lol: Oh go on, give it a go, you might be surprised how far you get. Plus, it's a really nice format that just carries you along :). PLUS . . . . what else have you got to do in the next 21 minutes? :D 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

PLUS . . . . what else have you got to do in the next 21 minutes? :D

I was just about to go for a 21-minute run, but what you said to Spartan convinced me to cancel it.

:yes:

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, joc said:

thanks for posting!  Didn't have time to watch all of it...but ....this is more or less what I have been talking about in other threads with the Programming.  You are always a breath of fresh air!  :)

Yep!  She definitely has the gift of being civil about anything, regardless of the potential the topic has for arguing :)   My wife has always had that gift, as well.  I wonder if its something about Denmark?  Her grandparents came here from there in the 20's.  The harshest response you'll hear one of them utter is "AH UFFDA!"  :w00t:

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, XenoFish said:

The most powerful weapon on earth is an idea. 

Yeah, and best means to weaken that idea is to never stop telling the truth, no matter what the tyrants do to silence you.  Truth doesn't need anyone to make way for it with censorship.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, and then said:

Yeah, and best means to weaken that idea is to never stop telling the truth, no matter what the tyrants do to silence you.  Truth doesn't need anyone to make way for it with censorship.  

There's a problem with that. If the thinker is emotionally engrossed in an idea so strongly, no amount of reason, facts, or figures will convince them otherwise. They will seek out anything which will reinforce their beliefs. 

This is the reason while I embraced nihilism, nothing is true. Especially within the social structures and ideological frameworks created by humans. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/10/2021 at 11:47 AM, LightAngel said:

I personally think this video is brilliant!

"MASS PSYCHOSIS - How an Entire Population Becomes MENTALLY ILL"

If you want to reply to this topic, then you have to see the video first.

Deep in our mind we form axioms.

Those are bits of knowledge we feel strongly about, and which we hold to be true. If you debate on these forums and present a view another poster strongly disagrees with then they will oppose it. They will oppose it even if it is actually true.

This is because it opposes their own axioms. Threats to axioms are not tolerated well by people. They have to deny, eliminate, devalue, and destroy, the threat to their axioms. The best example to watch is actually how people react to Trump.

Some people react worse than others to threats to their axioms. These are people who are anxious sorts and hyper-sensitive. These are the ones who are most susceptible to being swept along by mass hysteria. It doesnt matter if it isn`t true if its true to them, they are beyond reason because they cannot question their axioms. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/10/2021 at 8:06 PM, XenoFish said:

nothing is true. Especially within the social structures and ideological frameworks created by humans. 

We disagree on the idea that there is no absolute objective truth.  I agree that the "truths" created within human structures can't be uniformly trusted but if I believed there was no truth I'd have no reason to ever take another breath or try to enjoy a day more of life.  Maybe I'm self-deluded but I'm in good company ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, and then said:

We disagree on the idea that there is no absolute objective truth.  I agree that the "truths" created within human structures can't be uniformly trusted but if I believed there was no truth I'd have no reason to ever take another breath or try to enjoy a day more of life.  Maybe I'm self-deluded but I'm in good company ;) 

Your truth is your truth, it is the idea that you give value and meaning too. While your truth is subjective that doesn't necessarily devalue it. So long at it gives purpose. 

The only thing I can hope for is that the meaning of one's existence isn't of ill will.

I live to live. That is it. I seem unable to firmly anchor myself into existing ideologies. So to live is the only meaning and purpose of my life. As it is the only thing I can do. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2021 at 1:35 AM, and then said:

Yep!  She definitely has the gift of being civil about anything, regardless of the potential the topic has for arguing :)   My wife has always had that gift, as well.  I wonder if its something about Denmark?  Her grandparents came here from there in the 20's.  The harshest response you'll hear one of them utter is "AH UFFDA!"  :w00t:

 

Nah, it's nothing to do with my nationality. :D

Besides, I can get angry just like everybody else, but I choose my battles wisely because, for me, it's important to use that emotion productively. 

I don't get angry easily, but if I do get angry, then watch out! :lol:

 

If anger is used productively, then it isn't a negative emotion because sometimes we should get angry.

Many positive changes have happened because people didn't want to be oppressed anymore.

This is actually a big topic because there are many aspects which could be discussed here.

It's always best to remove injustices through intelligent conversations, but sometimes people don't listen to reason, and then we have to get ready to fight.

 

So I guess I will call anger a double-edged sword.
 

Edited by LightAngel
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2021 at 1:31 AM, acute said:

I was just about to go for a 21-minute run, but what you said to Spartan convinced me to cancel it.

:yes:

When I get that feeling, I usually have a lay down for a while to see if it passes lol.

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Thank you @LightAngel for posting that video. It's very informative. 

In its analysis of totalitarianism, I would like to add one thing that the video does not mention. 

In its modern form there is one overarching factor involved in creating the totalitarian state we're being oppressed by.

That unmentioned factor is secularism

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.